Menu Plan Monday ~ March 3/14

MPM-Winter
Hello beautiful people!  So the first thing I’ve got to do today is say a big happy birthday to  my mommy.  Have a great day mom!

So this past week my contributor, Melanie, shared this awesome Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie recipe.  It looked so good, I was drooling over the pictures.  Check it out:

deep-dish-chocolate-chip-skillet-cookie-mm
I didn’t own an iron skillet so I ran out and bought myself one of those.  Canadian Tire had them on sale for 65% off.  I also wanted to try and make it gluten-free so I pull out a new gluten-free flour blend I recently purchased and simply replaced the regular flour with it (not sponsored).

Robin Hood Gluten-free Flour
It turned out well although mine was pretty crumbly which didn’t surprise me as that can often happen when working with gluten-free flours.  However it honestly didn’t matter in this recipe since I scooped it into a bowl, covered it with a dollop of frozen yogurt and gobbled it up.  I thought it was delicious!  My gluten eating family members said they could tell it was gluten-free but that didn’t stop them from eating it or anything :)  Here’s how mine turned out.  Not bad eh!

Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie

Menu Planning Resource:

Two fun resources I found for you this week come from Eliza Ellis.  She’s created two free printable bundles for you.  One with menu planner printables:

Meal-Planner-Printables

And one with free printable recipe organizer pages:

Recipes Organizers Printables

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Mom’s Taco Salad

Tuesday:  Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Wednesday:  Easy Crowd Pleasin’ Chicken served with red potatoes and green beans

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Pizza Casserole

Saturday:  Slow Cooker Corn & Potato Chowder with Ham

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own!)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU PLAN THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join the growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Comments

22 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ March 3/14

Cathy @ Chief Family Officer says

Happy Birthday to your mom! And is Canadian Tire not what it sounds like (a tire store)? There’s something funny about you buying a skillet there :)

Hahaha…they do sell tires but also many other household products like a department store :)

laura says

The pulled pork sandwiches look yummy!

Thanks for hosting Laura! :)

I love pulled pork in the slow cooker as it’s so super easy to throw together….my kind of meal!

April says

That cookie looks DELISH! Must try it!!

Melanie says

So happy that you liked it – such an easy go to dessert!

I love my pan too, can’t wait to use it for other things :)

Andrea @ thedistractedhousewife says

I opened up this line and my immediate reaction was UUUMMFF. That chocolate chip skillet cookie about knocked me out of my chair with how delicious it looks.

Right? I couldn’t not try it lol

Karen says

Okay, this is totally hilarious – I was making a turkey pot pie in my cast iron skillet for dinner last night and thinking that I really would like to find a recipe for making a giant chocolate chip cookie in it. And here it is!! I didn’t even have to Google it :)

BTW, I have 3 sizes of cast iron skillets and they are the only frying pans I use anymore. Just love love love them and they will last forever if cared for reasonably well. And Canadian Tire is definitely the place to get one when they go on sale for 65% off (that’s how I got my largest one, my mid-sized one is a yard sale find and it’s pretty old and has a great “season” on it).

I love it when that happens! Yes I’m definitely going to buy a bigger one on the next sale for sure. I loved it!!

Haley says

Have you tried using chickpeas instead of flour? I made a flour less coco cake with chickpeas for a friend and it was really moist. Just blend the chickpeas in your blender and add to the recipe.

I haven’t tried that but will definitely keep it in mind. I love chickpeas!

Jennifer says

Monday: Chicken and White bean chili
    Tuesday: Stroganoff (with low fat sour cream) egg noodles and green beans
    Weds: Gumbo (chicken, shrimp, sausage) with rice
    Thursday: Homemade, baked chicken tenders and oven fries
    Friday: Baked fish, rice and mixed vegetables
    Saturday: Tacos with 1/2 turkey 1/2 beef

That cookie looks amazing and have spurred a major chocolate craving this morning! I started counting calories last week in an effort to lose weight. For desert, I have been enjoying lowfat vanilla ice cream with fruit.

Sounds like a yummy week Jennifer!

Janet says

Yum! My husband has made one of those skillet cookies before and it was amazing! Glad your gluten-free version turned out tasty as well. We’re doing crock-pot pulled pork too this week. Definitely a favorite of ours. Have a great week.

scarlett says

thank you for featuring my easy crowd pleasin’ chicken! Hope you like it!!

Pat @ Elegantly, Gluten-Free says

Hi Laura –
    Your chocolate chip skillet creation looks terrific! It must have a wonderful crust after baking in that skillet. I’m sure I’d love eating some :-)

karen says

OMG…that skillet cookie looks divine and my stomach is growling so loud, but I will be strong and not each anything else tonight.

Thanks so much for linking up, off to get more ideas.

Carrie A. says

So excited to find this link up! This is my first time aboard :) That skillet cookie looks amazing, now I need to check out the links for your menu for this week!

Shelley @ Two Healthy Kitchens says

Hurray for Menu Plan Monday! Thanks, as always, for so many great ideas – and for the constant reminder to just keep it all organized! :D Have an awesome week!

Comments