The following is a guest post from regular contributor, Melanie at Melanie Makes.
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1-½ teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 10" iron skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in sugars and vanilla and remove from heat. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir eggs into butter and sugar mixture. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt until combined. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until beginning to brown, but still soft in the center.
- Served topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Looking for additional recipes to add to your menu plan? Here are a few of my family’s favorites:
See you next month!
You can find Melanie online at Melanie Makes where she documents cooking, creating and caring for her family. Repeat. Melanie lives in Cleveland, OH, with her husband, three children, two cats and Lizzie, the 15 year old turtle.