Hi everyone, I am dreaming about summer right now because it looks like we are going to just bypass spring this year. This is what it looks like outside in my world right now. Yep welcome to northern Canada. Boo. I’m so done with it. I want to be sitting in that chair with green grass around me and the sun shining on my face.
Since nothing says summer like an umbrella drink, I’ve been making these yummy Paleo Pina Colada Smoothies to make me feel better about life. This smoothie is so creamy and delicious and smells like the beach. It makes me so happy! Just try drinking it without smiling. I really don’t think it can be done 🙂
Paleo Pina Colada Smoothie
I really enjoy having a smoothie every day. The other two smoothie recipes I’ve shared on the blog (links below) have been smoothies with spinach so I thought I’d share a smoothie recipe this time that didn’t have spinach in it. This Paleo friendly Pina Colada Smoothie recipe is completely safe for me with no dairy, gluten or refined sugar, yay!
Here’s the ingredients you’ll need. This is not a sponsored post, I just wanted to show you a picture of the actual products I personally use. Any brand will do.
I prefer to use frozen pineapple but you can also use fresh and add ice if you’d rather.
The recipe also calls for adding shredded coconut which is okay but it does make the smoothie a little gritty. What I like to do instead is add a small amount of pure creamed coconut. Since it’s concentrated you don’t need to add very much of it. It comes solid in a bag so just run the bag under hot water until it becomes a liquid and you can measure out the amount you need. I bought it from our local grocery store (No Frills if you live here in Canada) for $1.77 a box. You can usually find it in the same area of the store as the canned coconut milk.
Give this Paleo Pina Colada Smoothie a try if you need a little extra sunshine in your day!
- • 2 cups of frozen or fresh pineapple chunks
- • 2 cup of coconut milk (canned) - I use the light version
- • 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- • Juice and zest of half a large lime
- • ½ cup of unsweetened shredded coconut or 2 tablespoons pure creamed coconut
- • ½ cup of ice (if using fresh pineapple)
- • 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (optional)
- In a blender, combine the coconut milk, fresh or frozen pineapple chunks, shredded coconut (or creamed coconut), maple syrup, lime zest and juice and the protein powder (if using).
- Blend on high till smooth.
- Add the ice cubes if using fresh pineapple and blend well. You don’t need ice cubes, if using frozen pineapples.
- Pour it into two serving glasses.
- Sprinkle more shredded coconut in each glass if you want to be fancy and serve immediately.
I hope you like it! Let me know if you give it a try 🙂
Here are the links for the other smoothie recipes I’ve shared on the blog over the years. However don’t be scared off by the spinach. These recipes are so good and you can’t even taste the spinach. I promise!