I’m not a fan of the cleaning. Organizing, yes. Cleaning, not so much. Thankfully the organizing lends itself to less cleaning. Here are eight steps I follow to keep my clutter and cleaning to a minimum resulting in more time for the things that really matter.
1. No shoes in the house by anyone ever means less dirt for me to vacuum or scrub off the floor. Slippers provided at the door.
2. Food is only eaten by children at the kitchen table (no living room, no bedrooms) which means crumbs and dishes are limited to one space.
3. I keep wastebaskets in every room lined with grocery bags. Garbage is contained and clean up is a snap.
4. Less knicknacks and stuff lying around means less I have to dust.
5. I do a 10 minute tidy each night before bed to return out of place items back to their designated spaces.
7. I have my kids do regular walk-abouts.
8. My kids are expected to help out with chores around the house ~ I am not their slave!