Storage Star ~ Donation Station

Not long ago I blogged about the purge pile I keep behind my office door for items that I’ve collected throughout the week that need to go to the thrift store. I like having a designated spot to throw these things as I go about my day. Quick and easy and just waiting to be filled…begging to be filled actually. This tiny little voice from the box calling out to me over and over again “help me, I’m hungry, need more stuff”. So annoying really but it seems the more I fill it the more it calls out to be filled. What’s a girl to do but feed that darn box a few toys, towels, clothes, or tools (just kidding honey!), breath a sigh of relief and enjoy the silence….whew!

Cruising around blogland I discovered that Danielle from Home Ever After also has a purge box but what I love is not only has she decorated her box but she cleverly calls it a Donation Station!! Seriously I love stations, why didn’t I think of that? Check out her post here to find out why she uses such a system and how she is going to ensure that it gets used by all her family members as well. Great job and definitely Storage Star worthy in my book!

Hmmmm, I wonder if she hears the voices too?

Related posts:

Backpack Station

Beverage Station

Art Station

Filed under: Purging, Storage Star

Comments

13 Responses to Storage Star ~ Donation Station

Avlor says

Very cool! This would be a serious improvement over my pile in the garage!

Debi says

Okay, I really, really, really need to do that. We literally open the door to the garage and throw all our donate-ables onto the ping pong table. (Sorry, I hope I didn’t just cause you physical distress.)

Candace (Mama Mia) says

That is a good idea. It always amazes me how quickly my donate pile grows. As soon as I get rid of a huge pile of things I’ll find something I forgot to donate and the cycle starts all over again :).

Susanne says

I have one too, except mine in downstairs in the laundry room. And the only voice I hear is yours saying “Purge, Susanne, purge”. :vD

Homemaker Barbi says

Thanks for the award – I am honored and glad I could help others with my little invention! Thanks again! Danelle Ice

Shannon says

I sooo need one of these. I have garbage bag throughout my house of things to donate or for garage sale… I need to do this ASAP!!

Heavenly Homemaker says

This winter I started hearing the bedrooms in my house shouting, “There’s too much stuff in here!! I can’t stand myself anymore!” So I started filling boxes left and right and shoved it all down into my basement where it is all awaiting a garage sale. The bedrooms let out a big sigh of relief (and a big belch)…but now my basement is calling out to me, “Hey, Garage sale season is upon you! You gonna get this stuff outta here already?” (sigh) 🙂

Chrissy says

I think this is a great idea and I can totally see myself doing this! Really simple and doesn’t take a lot of effort to make a big impact on organizing my house!

Comments