Works for me Wednesday – Backpack Station

Hi everyone, its Wednesday again! For more Works for Me Wednesday participants, head on over to Shannon.

What works for me in this household to keep my kids backpacks organized and ready to go is a “backpack station” right next to the front door. I have a little “nook” right next to the front hall closet that works perfectly for this. The kids know where to deposit their backpacks when they come home from school and as well the wicker basket you see in the picture is a place for them to put any notes for me or other things that need to be put away after I see them first. Also backpacks are up off the floor and kept from being a tripping hazard.

Filed under: Entrance, Kid Stuff, Organizing Solutions

Comments

15 Responses to Works for me Wednesday – Backpack Station

Slughorn says

That is a well-thought-out idea!

Now I need …

a library bag station
    a music bag station
    and
    a take-the-dog-for-a-walk station!

My poor front hall !

Rachel says

This is a great idea. I have to find a place to locate this, but I know it will come in handy as they get older. I especially like the basket for them to put notes for you. I can start training my boys to do this now. Love it!

[email protected] Five says

I love hooks, but they tend to collect other things than just the backpacks…I just need to be a better backpack-only enforcer! Yours looks so great! Love your site!

Overwhelmed! says

Okay, my son is only 18 months, but you’ve got me thinking, “where would I put something like this when he starts school?”

Great tip, thanks for sharing!

I’ve posted a WFMW tip as well. Stop by and take a peek. 🙂

Gina says

Mine looks kind of like that, except with a lot more coats and stuff!

Sandra says

I have a similar spot by my front door, just that I have two baskets, one for each of them, where they drop their gloves, hats, scarves in the winter, and in the summer, hats, water bottles etc.

Great idea 🙂

Theresa says

Great idea. We have something similar.

GiBee says

Great idea… I need to adapt this idea for a station that will house my purse, shoes, my husband’s wallet and keys, the baby bag, etc…. Love it.

Amy says

I love this idea- I know exactly where I could put that! Thank you!

Umm 'Skandar says

We do this too! It really does help!

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) says

great idea! I wish I had a better space to hang backpacks etc.

Danielle says

well now i did that and it doesnt look that nice. maybe its becuase my hook thinkg is to low. the back packs keep falling off. i put it sort of low so that my three year old could reach it to put her coat on. i guess i should move it higher.

by the way i love your site. the guys that lives with me and my husban (cant really call him a roommate cus he doesnt have a room, he sleeps on the coucch..we call him the mexican on the couch. he’s mexican so i hope nobody thinks im racist.but now im rambling.) but anyway he says i buy organizing stuff for my organizing stuff. to bad i’m not really organized. i just like to pretend i am. i wish i could be more like you.

but so anyway i love your site and have gotten some good ideas from it.

Comments