Storage Star ~ Recycled Containers

I love highlighting posts of lovely ladies that do a great job of coming up with creative storage solutions.  Just yesterday I came across a most excellent post written by Michelle over at Dilly Dally and Flitter.  Michelle takes you through a step by step tutorial on how to take ordinary everyday ugly food containers and make them beautiful for everyday storage.

That picture right there is the reason I will always argue that you don’t need big bucks in order to get organized because seriously these are adorable.  I have a thing for scrapbook paper.  I love it yet rarely do I do anything with it except look at it…because it’s lovely…but I’m lazy so it just sits there.  How happy would my scrapbook paper be if I took it out and well actually put it to good use making these beautiful babies.

Can you recognize the containers?  Bet you never thought a coffee or pringle can could look so good did ya?

Michelle walks you through the whole modge podging mastery skills step by step which is brilliant for uncrafty goddesses like myself.  Really, I need all the help I can get.

So go on over and check out Michelle’s fun post and congratulate her on her Storage Star while you’re there.

Thanks for letting me share this with my readers Michelle!

Want to see other Storage Stars that I’ve handed out?  Go here.

Filed under: Containerizing, Storage Star
The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

16 Responses to Storage Star ~ Recycled Containers

Marci@OvercomingBusy says

I love this!!!! Can’t wait to try it out! Weekend project!! Oh wait!! I have to go dig my containers out of the recycling bin. Yuck…

AmyBean says

Awesome! I did something similar with old boxes and adhesive shelf paper. Made some really cute storage for spices and the kids’ Play-Doh stuff. :)

Rebecca says

I have 3 or 4 oat containers just waiting for some pretty scrapbook paper & a new purpose in life. :) These look great, thanks for sharing!

Katie says

Awesome ~ thanks for featuring that post ~ what a great tutorial…and so inspiring! Just a week ago or so I did a post on how I reorganized a whole cupboard using random containers (boxes, tin cans, and check book boxes) and covering them with scrapbook paper and fabric I had on hand. I also did a post on February about my love of decorated tin cans as storage containers.

Now that I’ve seen her post I know what to do with my yogurt containers next!! :-) Love your site!

Blessings,
    Katie

Jen@Passport to Savings and Food says

I love your blog! I nominated you for an award. I am sure you have gotten tons. I love how you inspire me to organize, or at least try too.

Charla @ Healthy Home Blog says

This is a great idea! I actually did this many years ago as a teacher and forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me! You have a great blog – so glad I found it. Actually, I’m Christi’s mom and found it through her site, Frugal Novice.

Melanie says

I am not much of a crafter, but if you want to save even MORE MONEY, you can get wallpaper sample books from paint/wallpaper stores for free because they just throw them away! For this project some of it might be a little TOO sturdy or thick, so a thinner paper is probably in order, but for many projects wallpaper is perfect! So it is like a HUGE pad of “scrapbook” paper for free!

Melanie

Adrien says

WOW, this is dangerous! It combines my strange obsession with containers, bins and GORGEOUS scrap book paper!

Tiffany says

Beautiful, I love repurposed cans. Some of my favorite storage containors/vases/candle holders are such.

MommyNeedsCake says

I had some containers this past week I pulled back out of the recycling bin because I thought I could use them for storage but hadn’t decided how I could make them look good. This will be perfect!!

Thanks for sharing!

SheilaG says

So cute!

We have tons of scrapbooking stuff my kids will never do anything with, so I’m going to ask them to make me some of these for my birthday this month! Thanks for the idea!

Sheila from To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Shawn says

My grandfather taught me to do this when I was a kid. In his garage he had about 25 glass jars he kept all his screws and nails in.. The great part was he nailed the lids underneath a shelf and it took up no space what so ever

Comments