Menu Plan Monday ~ July 21st - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ July 21st

Hello, here we meet again! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.

I’m keeping it short and sweet today but I can’t go any further without first telling you about the 5 Minute Southwest Layered Salad that I made last week. If you don’t want to cook but still impress your friends and family with a great meal then this is the recipe for you. Oh my word, talk about easy and check out this presentation:

And in case you are wondering, yes it was delicious too!! If I can do it anyone can :)

If you are interested in starting a price book and missed my post about it last week you can read about it here.

Also don’t miss out on the giveaway I have going on right now.

Okay here is my menu for this week:

Monday: My daughter will be cooking Kid-Pleasing Spaghetti

Tuesday: Crispy Baked Chicken (so good!) with tossed salad and broccoli

Wednesday: Spud Special Soup (with added sausage) served with Bread Machine Garlic Bread

Thursday: Leftover Buffet

Friday: Mushroom Quesadillas

Saturday: Crockpot Thai Chicken served with rice

Sunday: If you can find it you can eat it :)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banners can be found here.

Comments

75 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ July 21st”

Crispy chicken hits the spot right now – YUMMY!

annie says:

I’m going to try that chicken!

Michelle says:

Oh the crispy baked chicken sounds delicious :)that would be perfect for a park picnic I bet.Thanks for hosting. Have a great week.

Laura says:

I really loved it cold the next day as well so yes it would definitely be great for a picnic!

Kamaile says:

The layered salad does look mighty impressive. And like everyone else, I love crispy baked chicken. :)

kiy says:

Wow, that SW Layered Salad looks so good but I have to know, where did you get the baking stone? (Yes, it’s all about the gadgets!) Your week looks yummy and fun.

Cheers, Kiy

Laura says:

The serving dish I used was a gift so I’m not sure where it was purchased, sorry. It’s usually the platter I use to serve my turkey on :)

Very cool that your daughter cooks. I have just started talking to my eldest son about how it is almost time for him learning to cook a simple evening meal.

Angela says:

Mmmmm. Looks great. By the way, I signed up for the TOH weekly menu for some added inspiration – thanks for the tip!

Karen says:

Wow – that Southwest Layered Salad looks soooo good! I know I would like it!

Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Karen

Linda says:

I am glad you posted the layered salad picture. It seems strange for those of use downunder, or me in particular, but I would definitely eat that one! Yum.

Hi! The salad looks delicious. We’ve been having a lot of food like that lately also. It’s been in the 90′s here/ AC on, and everything feels like we’re living in a greenhouse.

Hey, I designed a little organizer that almost anyone can make. The link is on my menu plan post. Thanks!

Jill says:

Your menus always sound so easy and so delicious. The mushroom quesadillas sound SO good, but only me and Hubby would eat them – everyone else would say, “ewwww!” Of course, that means more for me! Hmmm, I might be on to something!

Jill

Briana says:

The Southwestern salad looks good! I may have to rethink my meal plan for the week!!!

Nellbe says:

Another vote for the layered salad, looks delicious!

Thanks for hosting

gina says:

Yumm! It all looks great!

Tiffany says:

The Layered Salad looks yummy. I will post my plan on Monday. I am not as ready as all of you post one day ahead types!

Carrie T says:

Hi!

I’ve got to try that Thai Crockpot chicken! We love thai food and I am picking up my order of chickens from the farm this week, so need inspiring recipes!

Carrie

Hi Laura! I hope your summer is going well!
    That taco salad looks DELISH!
    We actually have taco salad about once a week – build your own. Everyone likes different stuff on it.
    So great for summer!

Forgetfulone says:

No menu plan for me this week! Boo hoo! My twins are out of state, the oldest step daughter is working a lot, and my husband is convinced he wants to do low carb all week, so I have nothing to plan!

Andronica says:

This was my first post on Menu Plan Monday and I hope to post many…many more in the future. Thank you for hosting!

AmyDe says:

Thanks as always for hosting. Your menu looks fun and I am going to adopt your “if you can find it you can eat it” night – too funny!

Amy says:

That salad looks so yummy!

LouAnne says:

That salad looks yummy and easy! I actually have everything I need for it. It would make a great covered dish supper take along. Thanks for linking the recipe!

Lotsamom says:

mmmm . . sometimes I really miss cheese.

Sherry says:

Beautiful salad and great looking menu!

Mom24 says:

I can’t wait to try the kid-pleasing spaghetti and the thai chicken. They both sound really yummy to me. Thanks for posting.

Steph says:

Thank you for posting that delicious looking salad! It will likely be on our menu for next week. This is my first time posting, so I kept things pretty basic this week.

Have a great week!
    Steph

Nessa says:

That salad looks fantastic! I may have to try that next week. We are doing a total kitchen remodel, so my cooking capabilities are some-what limited. Plus, who wants to actually cook during the summer?

happyathome says:

I am so on it and doing the menu planning today! I am tired of guessing each day what to have for dinner and will be going with a full week in mind, except for the weekend, that is for my husband to cook and me to relax, yea! So off I go, wish me luck and I will be a regular here!

Anne says:

Now I’m getting hungry

JJ - Lady Di says:

Looks good, and that salad does look really easy! Not to mention, really easy to add extra veggies too when you need to clean out the crisper! A good thing about salads usually. :)

How would you feel about me never planning my own meals and just coming to your site every night to see what we’re having the next day? ;-)

kristi says:

That salad looks delish!

Jen D. says:

The salad looks delicious. I made a similar salad a few weeks ago and posted on my blog. It is different, but same idea. I love making salads during the summertime.

That recipe looks great! It looks like a easy, fun recipe for summer. Thanks for sharing! I am new to your Menu Planning Monday, but have enjoyed being so organized! It really helps with the “wondering whats for dinner” problem.

kat says:

Crispy Baked Chicken is one of my favorite things!

Lori Anne says:

A newbie here! Fantastic idea for sharing meal plans. I’m always looking for new inspiration.
    Thank you!

Katy says:

The layered dip looks great!

Katy

Fran says:

Newbie here to MPM.

I love the idea of this and I am looking forward to finding some great new recipes on all the links.

Fran

Angela says:

Thanks to all for sharing your menus. I love this site!

Melissa says:

I am so glad that I put that 5 Minute Southwest Salad on my menu last week! It was SO fast and SO yummy! Even my husband LOVED it! :) I just love a good salad recipe like this one! Fast and yummy!

I just love your site and it is so helpful to have so many menus to browse to find new recipes! :)

Amber (BGH) says:

Wow! That layered salad looks REALLY good! I have all those things, too! I’ve just decided to change Saturday from Leftovers to this!! :)

Amber

Bringing Good Home

Sandi says:

mmm….I love looking at your weekly recipes! Thanks for the inspiration!

Nancy says:

Laura, I’m curious…how old is your daughter who is cooking one meal a week? That’s awesome!

Sandra says:

Great menu again Laura :)

I hope you enjoyed the pasta last week!

Have a great day,
    Sandra

Annie says:

Menu plan looks great…. my is on the way to being finished. Maybe by tonight!

Gina Abbas says:

Thanks a bunch! This is fun. I love finding new blogs this way.

Sefa Firdaus says:

I’ll give crispy chicken a try!

tiffanie says:

your menus always sound so good :)

Cherylann says:

I hope my menu is OK I cook pretty plain things.

Cherylann says:

I had to leave two links because the first one wasn’t linked to the menu entry but to the top of my blog

Sarah says:

Just leaving a comment! I added myself! First week so I’m not sure if I did that great but oh well! Practice makes perfect!

Thanks so much for a dinner salad recipe. I am collecting these for the hot spells we have once in awhile.

Pray we get a refrigerator before Friday!

Susanne says:

MMM, yummy. That salad looks great!

I hope you like that chicken. Now I feel nervous. LOL. I know we really enjoyed it though and someone left me a comment that you can also use pork tenderloin instead of the chicken. Yum.

I’m so excited to have found you! I love to menu-plan and try new recipes, so this looks like the place to be. Thank you!!

Lisa says:

We’re enjoying your last week’s menu so much this week I may just do yours again next week!

Christy says:

No menu this week, but I am definitely going to be trying out that salad! I have been too busy organizing my work room to get a menu together LOL!

Grumpy72 says:

Oh yum! I’m going to check out some of the links you provided and test some out!

LisaJanelle says:

I love everyone’s creativity and ideas! Thank you all so much! I am new so I hope I can give each and every one of you half as much back.

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] For LOTS of other menus ideas, check out Menu Plan Monday. [...]

2. [...] You’ll find more menu ideas at Laura’s blog. [...]

3. [...] For more menu ideas, visit Organizing Junkie. [...]

4. [...] You can read more menu plans over at I’m an Organizing Junkie. [...]

5. [...] Have a great week..and don’t forget to go see more MPM at Organizing Junkie [...]

6. [...] in the Organizing Junkie’s Meal Plan Monday! To join in on Meal Plan Monday click HERE. I just love Laura’s site! So many great organizing tips – visit her Meal Plan Monday link [...]

7. [...] Menu Plan Monday!  We finally have a “free” week.  We plan on sittin’ by the pool and [...]

8. [...] over to I’m an Organizing Junkie for more great menus and recipes! [...]

9. [...] Head on over to see more wonderful menus at Menu Plan Monday! [...]

10. [...] in the Organizing Junkie’s Meal Plan Monday! To join in on Meal Plan Monday click HERE. I just love Laura’s site! So many great organizing tips – visit her Meal Plan Monday link [...]

11. [...] in the Organizing Junkie’s Meal Plan Monday! To join in on Meal Plan Monday click HERE. I just love Laura’s site! So many great organizing tips – visit her Meal Plan Monday link [...]

12. [...] participating in the Organizing Junkie’s Meal Plan Monday! To join in on Meal Plan Monday click HERE. I just love Laura’s site! So many great organizing tips – visit her Meal Plan Monday link and [...]

13. [...] about cute food, and my older daughter getting “cooking lessons” from mommy.  Head over to Menu Plan Monday and the Gluten Free Menu Swap hosted this week by  Asparagus Thin  for less glitter-oriented [...]

14. [...] you to Org Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday. Be sure to check out here for even more menu plan ideas. Usually over 200 of [...]

Comments