13 reasons to menu plan…
Thirteen reasons why I do a weekly menu plan:
- I never have to come up with a last minute meal idea off the top of my head.
- Our meals are for the most part healthier and well balanced which helps keep my weight in check.
- I always have the ingredients in the house for whatever I’m making because I make up my menu plan before going grocery shopping.
- I always know what meat to take out of the freezer the night before.
- I save money by not buying groceries I don’t end up using.
- I save money by planning my weekly menu around what is on sale that particular week.
- I save time by planning quick and easy meals (especially crockpot meals which can be prepared in the morning when I’m not rushed and have more energy).
- My kids and husband enjoy knowing in advance what is for dinner.
- Helps me to avoid last minute unhealthy desperation meals.
- I don’t have to spend any more time in the kitchen than is absolutely necessary.
- Knowing in advance what is coming up allows me to often prep one meal while making another, saving me even more time.
- Dinner is organized and on the table at the same time every night.
- It gives me something to blog about every Monday :)