The following is a guest post from regular contributor, Melanie at Melanie Makes.
No soggy dessert here, my friends!
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 2 3.4 ounce boxes instant chocolate fudge pudding
- 3 cups milk
- dark chocolate bar for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt to bowl and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Press dough into an even layer in greased 9x13 pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and center is cooked through. Cool completely.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, mix together cream cheese, half of whipped topping and powdered sugar. Spread on top of cooled cookie crust.
- In another bowl, whisk pudding and milk together and spread on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Carefully spread remaining whipped topping over pudding and chill until ready to serve. If desired, garnish with grated chocolate before serving.
We just finished off this dessert in my house two nights ago and I’m already planning on making another when my husband’s parents visit this weekend. It really is that good!
Although I guess that means I’ll actually have to share.
Looking for additional recipes to add to your menu plan? Here are a few of my family’s favorites:
See you next month!