I cannot make an omelet. Seriously every time I try it turns into scrambled eggs instead. Thankfully my brother in law is a chef so when I was visiting this last time in Ontario he showed me how it’s done. And guess what? There is a trick! I just knew it couldn’t be my cooking ability…ha!
So first thing you do is assemble your ingredients. Love all these beautiful colors:
Add any kind of veggies or meat you want. It’s up to you! We’ve got peppers, ham, mushroom, asparagus, tomatoes and onion here. Yum!
Add your combination to a skillet with a teaspoon of olive oil. Saute on medium to medium high heat for two minutes:
Crack two eggs in a small bowl and give it a light whisk and, are you ready, here is the trick…give it a quick stir….it’s as easy as that!
and then flatten it back out again across bottom of pan:
Add cheese and let melt:
Once cooked through get ready to fold in half:
Once folded, cook for a minute and then flip to other side and cook for another minute or so.
Serve and enjoy!
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Veggies/meat of any kind, diced
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- Handful of shredded cheese (or more)
- Add oil to skillet on medium to medium high heat, once hot add veggies/meat and saute for two minutes.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk two eggs together.
- Add eggs to skillet and give them a quick stir to set and then flatten them again across bottom of pan.
- Add cheese, let melt.
- Fold omelet in half.
- Let cook for another minute.
- Flip, cook for another minute or two and serve.
- Yummy and great for breakfast, lunch or dinner!