Time for a weekly update! As of tonight we have over sixty participants in the 30 Day Challenge, very exciting! The list of participants and guidelines can be found here.
I hope all of you are well into the thick of things by now. Remember it’s going to look worse before it gets better, oh will it ever and just when you thought your space couldn’t look any worse.
If you would like to share pictures of the progress you’ve made over the last week please post about it on your blog and link that particular post up directly to the Mr. Linky below.
Also feel free to answer the following questions either on your blog post or in the comments. I’m just curious on your answers.
- How many of you have taken large boxes or baskets and labeled them keep, donate, toss, relocate and possibly sell in order to do your sort? This is important to doing an effective quick sort. Without giving it too much thought start tossing things into the applicable boxes. The purpose of this is to do some initial weeding out and getting all the “toss” stuff out the door as soon as possible. This will give you some more breathing room and allow you to focus on your keep pile which you’ll now want to go through again to reconsider why you may have chosen to keep the things you have. I’ll post more about this step next week.
- How many of you have designated a certain length of time each day to tackling your project?
- How many of you want to run right out and buy containers and baskets before doing the remove, sort and purge? [fight that urge!]
- How many of you are feeling overwhelmed?
- How many of you are feeling excited to keep going?
If you are just finding out about the challenge and/or are feeling inspired by all the other participants and want to join, then do it! It’s not too late to kick the chaos to the curb and welcome in some serenity to your home. If you are new please join the original Mr. Linky here as this Mr. Linky today is for the update posts only.
So to inspire you even further you might want to check out my “links” tab at the top of my site. I’ve just added an entire category for organizing blogs that I think you will enjoy. One suggestion though, set your timer otherwise you may get stuck to your computer chair and forget about the organizing you need to do!! I’ll be watching you! Well not really but it sounded good and drill sergeant like though didn’t it..lol.
To make it easy to see the progression, please be so kind in your blog post to link to your first challenge post. That would be great!
Be challenge happy!!