Menu Plan Monday ~ March 24/14

MPM-Spring
Hello!  How are you?  I hope you all had a lovely weekend.  I haven’t heard from anyone yet who maybe took me up on my mini challenge from Friday but I’m hoping some of you got around to organizing a kitchen drawer or any other drawer in your home.  Organizing drawers are fun people! :)

Recipe Highlight:

My absolute favorite recipe from last week had to be the Fluffy Gluten Free Pancakes that I made for St. Patrick’s Day.  Oh my Lynn wasn’t kidding when she said these were good. The gluten free flour blend she uses in this recipe is very similar to my tried and true gluten free flour blend that I have used for years so I already had the required flours on hand.  The pancakes were really delicious and not crumbly at all.  Thank goodness!

Gluten Free Fluffy Pancakes
I’ve been using the Robin Hood Gluten Free Flour blend for some other recipes lately and I am pretty much fed up with it.  Every single time I’ve subbed it into a recipe I end up throwing the finished product out because it’s so crumbly.  I was hoping it would work out because it does get to be a lot of work mixing up my own blend, not to mention expensive, but this Robin Hood pre-packaged blend is not cutting it for me.

This Week’s Menu Planning Resource:

Check out this post on How to Meal Plan for One Year with Free Printables.  It has step by step instructions and the free printables are great.

meal plan for one year! raisinguprubies.com

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Slow Cooker Chicken & Black Bean Tacos

Tuesday:  Maple Dijon Pork Tenderloin (includes sweet potatoes and carrots)

Wednesday:  One Pot Spaghetti

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Pesto Ranch Chicken Thighs served with mashed potatoes and squash

Saturday:  Homemade Broccoli and Cheese Soup

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own)

Hope your week is a beautifully organized one!

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU PLAN THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join the growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

20 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ March 24/14

April @ Angels Homestead says

My goodness, menu planning for a whole year?! I’ll have to check that one out. Thanks for hosting Laura and have a great week. :)

You too April!

Jean says

Thanks for hosting! Your menus always look so good. I love the idea of the one pot spaghetti (especially since I have spaghetti on my plan this week as well!).

I like them as it makes for less clean up :)

Keri says

I did a lot of organizing over spring break (2 weeks ago) and ended up getting rid of a small mountain of things. My drawers really need some organizing though, especially in the kitchen!

That’s awesome to hear Keri!

Lynn says

I am so glad you enjoyed the pancakes! We have those pancakes as least once a week. In fact, had them last night for dinner. I think they are my favorite gluten free pancakes, so I am glad you enjoy them too. Have a good week!

Hilarie says

Hi, Laura. Did you intentionally change your blog feed to readers (such as Feedly) to be truncated? It is now (this is new). I read in a reader because I don’t have time to click over to all the blogs I want to read (as I’m sure other people do), so this change will keep me from reading your blog now, in general (unless the heading is an attention-grabber). I hope it’s something that can be changed back! Thanks so much!

Hi Hilarie, I’m so sorry I did have to as I ran into some problems with the full feed. I’m hoping once the issues can be worked out I can stop truncating. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Laura

Janet says

The chicken and black bean tacos look amazing. And love that it’s a slow cooker recipe! Have a great week.

It was sooooo good!

Laura :)

Jessica @ Nutritioulicious says

Love that you made patties for St Paddy’s day! That was the theme for this month’s Recipe ReDux. You have to check out all the great patty recipes the ReDuxers made (you can link to them from my blog)!

Sarah @ Play 2 Learn with Sarah says

Thanks for the inspiration! I’ve been following this for a while and decided to jump in and make my meal plan public this week!

Awesome Sarah, thanks for joining us!!

Kathleen says

So glad that I read today’s post! I had been considering making GF cookies, but could not remember the recipe to make GF flour. Very happy that it was in today’s post!
    I make all of our dogs (they are our kids) cookies, and I believe that my middle dog has an allergy to whole wheat flour. Will try this out soon! Thanks for the info.

karen says

meal planning for a whole year, Will have to check that out, though I am so not that orgranized.

SnoWhite @ Finding Joy in My Kitchen says

Some of the recipes you’ve picked out this week look amazing. Are they new ones for your family, or ones that you know are a hit?

I did clean out drawers last week — and every closet in our house! I was looking for something, and couldn’t find it anywhere…. that led to a 3-hour closet/drawer clean out. Feels good to be done, and, I found what I was looking for! It was a little unnerving to go to the spot it had been for 5+ years and not find it there. That will teach me not to move something :)

They are new ones for us to try :) I love trying out new recipes each week to keep life exciting lol.

Katie says

Thanks for linking to my Pesto Ranch Chicken recipe…I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

I will have to try your GF flour blend. Since having to eat GF 2 1/2 years ago I’ve just bought GF flour blends already mixed because I’ve been a little intimidated to try mixing my own. I use Better Batter which I think is excellent. It’s a little pricey but they do run sales quite often and I always stock up then.

I’ve heard of that one Katie, but haven’t been able to find it here in Canada yet. Will definitely keep my eyes open for it!

Comments