Menu Plan Monday ~ Feb 3/14

Menu Plan Monday ~ Feb 3/14

MPM-Winter
Hello menu planning friends!  Happy February to you!  If you are new to menu planning this year how are you sticking with it?  What is your biggest hurdle this far?

Chip Update:

I made it!  I went without chips for the entire month of January to try and break myself of the habit of eating them on a regular basis.  I think it worked because I had this small bag of Fries’n Gravy chips sitting in the cupboard waiting for me as a reward and on Feb 1st I opened the bag and only ate half.  HALF!!!!!  That never happens! :)  Whoot!

Fries'n Gravy Chips

Recipe Highlight:

Seriously if you want an easy recipe then this is the one for Balsamic Glazed Chicken and Roasted Potatoes is for you.  All you have to do is throw the ingredients into a Ziploc bag sometime in the day and when you are ready to cook it just throw the chicken and potatoes into a pan and then into the oven.  Done like dinner.  Quick, easy and delicious.  And wouldn’t you know it I forgot to take a picture for you.  Drat.

Menu Planning Resources:

Some more great resources for you this week:

Freezer Cooking When You Don’t Have All Day ~ @ A Time to Freeze

All-in-one Weekly Meal Planning System with Free Printables ~ @ One Mama’s Daily Drama

All-in-one Weekly Meal Plan System

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Silly Spaghetti and Zucchini Pie

Tuesday:  Zesty Mustard Chicken Thighs served with fries and corn

Wednesday:  Slow Cooker Balsamic Pork Tenderloin served with rice and broccoli

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Homemade Pizza

Saturday:  Egg Salad and Bacon Sandwiches

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own)

Note: Wherever you see gluten ingredients listed, I am simply replacing with gluten-free substitutes

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU PLAN THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join the growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Comments

21 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ Feb 3/14”
    SusieQTpies says:

Thanks for the weekly linky! i’ll have to check out that Egg Salad with Bacon Sandwiches for my daughter. Have a super week! – susie

Margery says:

So how did those chips taste, looks like a interesting flavor. I don’t think we could ever give up chips here, but I haven’t bought any in a year. Son works for a chip delivery company.

Keri says:

Thanks for featuring my meal planner! I almost put that balsamic chicken on my plan this week. Definitely trying it soon because we love balsamic vinegar.

Shelly says:

We eat so many chips at our house, I’m not sure if giving them up for a month would go over very well. Although this past month we gave up eating out and I was surprised at really how easy it was. So maybe giving up chip wouldn’t be too bad either. Thanks for hosting the link up.

Angela says:

Thanks for the linky.
    We love chips so much too, but never have them in the house unless there is a party or guests!

Angela from http://www.MommyMoment.ca

Congrats on making it through your no chip month! :)

Janet says:

Well done with the chips! And the Balsamic Chicken and potatoes recipe looks really good. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Thanks so much for including my post from last week on freezer cooking. I appreciate it!

Jean says:

Wow, chips are such an essential around here that I’m super impressed you gave them up for a month.

Rona B says:

I really love the MPM is still around. I great appreciate you continuing to host. And of course, I love the inspiration from the participants.

karen says:

just started meal planning a few weeks ago and I LOVE it…so glad I found your site. I love to organize so I’ll be checking out more of your blog when I get a chance. Thanks for hosting.

Comments