Menu Plan Monday ~ Feb 17/14

MPM-Winter
Hello!  So wow is it really Monday again?  Some weeks just go so much faster than others, don’t you think?  Last week was busy with Valentine’s in there which meant I was making some extra treats for the family than I would normally.  I like to go all out on special days :)  Both the brownies I made and the cupcakes were fantastic!

Happy Valentine's Day

For the cupcakes I substituted in a cup for cup gluten-free flour blend and they turned out yummy and the cream cheese frosting was amazing!

Pink Velvet Cupcakes

Menu Planning Resources:

Tips for Organizing Recipes ~ @ Pocket Change Gourmet

Is it Safe to Use Frozen Meat in Your Crock-Pot? ~ @ Two Healthy Kitchens

Free Spice Jar Label Template ~ @ Somewhat Simple

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Slow Cooker Maple Ham served with rice and cucumber

Tuesday:  Bacon Cheeseburger Wraps

Wednesday:  Zucchini Lasagna

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Dinner club – this month’s theme is an Oscars Night.  I’m going to make something easy and bring some Golden Caramel Popcorn.

Saturday:  Crock-Pot Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder

Sunday:  Church potluck – I’ll be bringing Greek Quinoa Salad and Pineapple Angel Food Cake Bars

Have a super duper week y’all!! :)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU PLAN THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join the growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

11 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ Feb 17/14

Terri | Sugar Free Glow says

I’m so glad you shared that resource on cooking frozen meat in the slow cooker! I know so many people that do that.
    Thanks for hosting!

Shelley @ Two Healthy Kitchens says

Happy, happy Monday to you, Laura! You always have just the BEST recipes and resources!!! I love the Spice Jar Label Template – such a good idea! And Tips for Organizing Recipes … where have you been all my life!?!? Also, thanks a million for including our post regarding the safety of using frozen meat in slow cookers – hopefully it’s advice that will keep even just one family from getting sick! And our Crock-Pot Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder – oh my gosh – I looooove that soup! My family eats it all the time, and it’s such a hit with everyone (and so easy for me – yay!)! Hope your other readers love it just as much as we do! :D

Janet says

Your Valentine’s treats look yummy! My kids love burger wraps so we’ll have to try those bacon cheeseburger wraps. Have a great week!

Angela says

Thanks for the linkup!
    Those pink velvet cupcakes look deliciou :)

Deanna says

Have you made the caramel corn recipe before? My mom’s has corn syrup in it and I’m wanting to find a recipe without it that’s just as good and I noticed that one doesn’t have any!

I haven’t made this particular recipe before Deanna, but I will definitely let you know how it goes next week. Hope it turns out :)

• 7.1.1
        Deanna says

Yay! I’ll be looking forward to your review. I hope it turns out for you too – that stuff is addicting. :-)

karen says

thanks for hosting babe…and all the amazing resources for meal planning and organizing…I am so hooked on your site and need to find the time to really explore uninterrupted.

Zainab @ Blahnik Baker says

Laura, I just had to stop by and tell you thanks for trying the pink velvet cupcakes!! I’m so glad to hear that they turned out delicious. And thanks for the gluten-free note. Good to know the substitution didn’t change a thing about the cupcakes :)

Comments