Menu Plan Monday ~ June 24/13 Happy birthday to me!

MPM-Summer

colored Happy Birthday balloons in the sky

Okay so I know I’m being totally obnoxious announcing my birthday in my post title like that but I am just a huge fan of birthdays.  LOVE them and yes even at 42 I still love and get excited about my birthday :)  Except you know you’re getting old when you ask for a chair for your birthday.  Yep a chair.  A nice comfy, sink right in and have a little nap chair lol.  I asked my hubby for a chair thinking we’d go out and look for one together only he surprised me and came home with one for me on Saturday.  I had to stay hidden in the bedroom until he got it all set up in the living room.  I was so nervous to come out and see what my surprise was.  I was shocked to see a chair sitting there and I was even more surprised that I loved it! :)  It’s perfect for my small space because it’s a really small recliner for the corner by the window.  I didn’t even know they made them this small.

my birthday chair

Recipe Highlight:

Definitely the highlight of last week goes to the Catalina Taco Salad recipe from Taste of Home.  Such a simple recipe but it was very filling.  The only changes I made was I used black beans instead of pinto and left out the onion because I was too lazy to chop one up :)

catalina taco salad

What was the recipe highlight from your menu last week?  Share the link in the comments if you like :)

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  My birthday ~ Lunch and dinner out!! :)

Tuesday:  Dinner club ~ this month’s theme is a dish you grew up eating.  I’m making my mom’s broccoli salad recipe.

Wednesday:  Creamy Caesar Chicken Pasta Bake

Thursday:  Easy Crock Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches served with spinach salad

Friday:  Leftover buffet

Saturday:  Quick Homemade Pizza for the family plus I’ve been wanting to try this recipe for Cauliflower Pizza Crust for awhile.  Has anyone else done it, what did you think?

Sunday:  Picking night!!

I hope you all have a most excellent week!   My kids are finished school on Thursday, the count down is on!!!

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join the growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

52 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ June 24/13 Happy birthday to me!

Diane Balch says

Happy, happy birthday… I hope you don’t get too comfortable and never get out the house now that you have such a cozy chair.

Jen @ Healthful Saver says

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day. The chair is lovely!
    Thanks for sharing the taco salad recipe too.

Miz Helen says

Happy Birthday hope you have a very special day! Thanks for hosting the party and have a great week.
    Miz Helen

Cathy @ Chief Family Officer says

Aw, I love that your husband knows you so well! And it looks comfy and perfect for napping ;)

Have a wonderful HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Melissa D says

Happy Birthday!! Mine was yesterday, so I know what you mean about shouting from the rooftops. One day a year to be completely special…make the most of it!

Ellie says

Happy, Happy Birthday. Love the comfy chair, enjoy your day.

Angela @ Honey, I Shrunk the Mom says

I have tried the cauliflower crust and was not a fan. That being said, I don’t like cooked cauliflower prepared in any other way either (although I do love it raw) so I’m sure that was a strike against me before I started. My husband, who will try anything new, thought it was just ok.

SnoWhite @ Finding Joy in My Kitchen says

Well, happy birthday! What a fun birthday surprise — the chair is awesome. Enjoy your day today – and thanks for letting us know today is your birthday!

Linda Stoll says

Happy Birthday, my online friend! Enjoy every cushy second in that chair!

;-}

Pauline says

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have a terrific day – chair looks lovely and comfy:-)

Charla @ Healthy Home Blog says

How sweet, Laura! What a nice birthday surprise! I hope you have an awesome birthday and many blessings!

Jean says

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy your day. Your chair looks very cozy!

Mary S says

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fantastic birthday.

CraftyHope says

Happy, Happy birthday to you! I hope your day is exceptionally awesome! :)

Mridu Parikh says

Happy birthday Laura! Hope you have a fabulous year!

Elizabeth in Georgia says

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,LAURA!
    June is an excellent b-day month…mine is the 26th! Love the chair…my husband and I like the same kinds of furniture, too and if he had to pick out a chair for me he would do a good job…your hubby did an excellent job! Love the color, too!!
    This year, my husband surprised me with a Yankee scented candle and flowers! He gave them to me over the week-end, so it was a total surprise! Also, since we are in a new house (we recently moved) our new furniture came just in time for my birthday, so I didn’t want him spending a lot of money on me…I love my new furniture, and even though that’s for the whole family, I consider it a b-day gift.
    Enjoy your chair!! It looks like a LA-Z-BOY and if it is that brand, it should last for years!

Heather says

Happy birthday! Today is my 42nd birthday also! I’ve only met one other person with a June 24 birthday, I think we’re pretty special. :)

Lisa M says

Happy Birthday! It was my birthday also!

Lisa @ CheapThrills says

Happy BD! Nice chair, and even nicer day off of cooking! Liking the taco salad idea….

Susanne says

Happy, Happy Birthday to you, my friend! I hope you had a wonderful day and year full of blessings!

Becky Lowmaster says

A belated happy birthday to you, Laura. My dear friend, Tamara, had a birthday yesterday. So we had chocolate cake with cherry filling between layers and whipped cream icing tonight when we met for our Bible study. Her mom used to make it but now a bakery lady makes it and oh so good. She enjoys her birthday and so do I. It’s fun, even over 50! My favorite meal of the week has been eating at Panera bakery and cafe Sunday evening. Delicious! Have a great week and God bless you.

Comments