Creating a Command Center with the Martha Stewart Wall Manager

martha-stewart-wall-manager

Since the beginning of this blog I have encouraged my readers to create a command center of some kind in their home.  A grand central station of organizing necessity for families.  I’ve written about the importance of it before here and here.  It’s basically a hub to collect very important pieces of information where the entire family can see and contribute to it.

There has never really been an affordable and easy way to do this however.  It has discouraged me because creating one from scratch that adjusts with your needs is hard to come by.  Trust me I’ve looked.

So can I tell you how excited I was to discover the new Martha Wall Manager line?  It’s exactly what I was looking for.

banner_wallmanager

It’s available exclusively at Staples in BOTH the US and Canada.  I know that it’s available in Canada because even though I was sent a couple of the pieces from Staples to check out, I went out and bought more of the collection at my local Staples store to add to my setup.

Those of you who have read here for any length of time know that I’m a details girl.  Details are important to me and I think it’s the extra details added to a product that can really set it above and make it shine.  What impressed me the most about the Wall Manager system, beside the functionality, is how easy it is to assemble.  No I’m not kidding.  So easy.  Because I could do it.  Myself.  Usually I have to rely on my hubby for such things involving nails and a hammer, not to mention a level.  Ummm no I’m not that kind of gal.  But here’s the thing.  The Wall Manager boards are each two pieces….a front and a back.  The back comes off and that is what you attach to the wall.  Each board has it’s own built in level and marked spots for the micro-nails.  Then when you’ve got it hung, the front panel just snaps on again.  It is just that easy.

martha-stewart-wall-manager-assembly

martha-stewart-wall-manager-boards

I put mine together using four accessory boards including two of the clip boards, one bulletin board and one magnetic white board.  They are each sold separately so you can mix and match them up however you want to suit your family’s needs.  That is very cool I must say.  I’m using it for my menu planning and I like that I now have somewhere to put my weekly recipes instead of all over my counter.

There are a number of different accessories that slide right onto the clip boards as well including shelves, drawers, hooks and paper organizers.  Not shown but something I still want to purchase is the taller paper/file organizer.  I have the shorter version, as seen above, which is great for notepads and things but the taller one would allow you to add file folders for each of the kids to house all those important notes/schedules that come home from school.

martha accessory

You can even get a calendar board for it as well if you want but those small squares would be tough to write in I think.

Martha Stewart Wall Manager Calendar

And if white is not up your alley, the collection also comes in black.

Oh the possibilities!!

The Martha Stewart Wall Manager collection is currently on sale in the US (online and in store) for 40% off but only until March 23rd I believe.  Yikes, that’s tomorrow!  Don’t wait if this is something you are interested in because that’s a great deal!

Martha Stewart Wall Manager

Unfortunately, it’s not on sale in Canada right now (total bummer!) but for the week of March 20th to April 2nd you can get a free Martha Stewart spiral notebook at Staples with each Wall Manager purchase of $9.99 or more.

Have fun!

Filed under: Calendars/Planners, Clutter Control, Containerizing, Kid Stuff, Kitchen

Comments

17 Responses to Creating a Command Center with the Martha Stewart Wall Manager

Annie says

Wow that is great…maybe it will be onsale here sometime soon!

Oh I’m sure it will be Annie!!

Rachel says

What a fantastic system! I love the fact that the back piece is a separate install, almost no measuring required. Thanks for the review, it gave me some great ideas!

You’re welcome!

Kimberley says

Oh I love this! I still haven’t implemented a command center, this will make it super easy for me :)

Leigh E. says

Very nice! The setup you have will be great for my daughter’s bedroom. Off to Staples I go!

Damian says

Nice idea for those who want an out-of-the-box solution. However, I’ve seen plenty of corkboard/whiteboard combos for descent prices at places like Walmart (and others); I figure if you add something to contain pens and notepads you’ve got about the same thing, though, maybe not so pretty.

Angela says

I LOVE this! I can’t wait for it to be available in Australia. Thank you for sharing

Bonnie Dewkett says

I love this system! A great system by the door or in the kitchen is a perfect tool to keep a family organized and on the same page.

teddymom says

I’m gonna be the dissenting vote here – lol !! There are multiple ways to put Martha’s system together, and I will agree it’s a neat concept. But the minimal components that you have retails at approx. $60. With a 40% off coupon, it’s $36. With the shelves and other components that is in the website advertisement, it’s over $75. The price might not be too terrible if it was bigger. But 4 accessory boards are a little less than 2ft X 2ft. At that size, too spendy for me!

Megan says

I saw this in the Staples flyer a few weeks back and had to go check it out. I was really disappointed to find out that it was made out of plastic. I expected more from Martha. I would really like something like this in a wood or metal product. My search for the perfect command centre continues.

Derek says

Wondering if the nails have to be on studs or just in plain drywall.

Thank you!

fat loss factor review says

obviously like your web site but you have to test the spelling on
    quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife
    with spelling problems and I in finding it very
    troublesome to inform the reality nevertheless I’ll surely come back again.

Kathy says

Thank you so much for your post on the Martha Stewart Wall Organizer! I have been searching for it for a day and a half, with no luck until now! I was able to find it on-line at Staples, thanks to your link.

Comments