Menu Plan Monday ~ January 7/13

MPM-Winter

Hello, hello, hello!  Here we are in week #2 of the new year.  I hope you found your menu planning last week to be super successful so you keep it up :)  My kids are back to school today after the holiday break and I am so not looking forward to having to set the alarm again and being back to the busy days of school, activities and homework.  Blech!  So with that in mind, it’s especially important that I select easy meals for this week.  I do not need to stress about what’s for dinner with everything else going on.

Next week is our January dinner club night.  This month’s theme is Greek.  I have never made any type of Greek food before, not even a greek salad I don’t think.  Anyone want to share a tried and true Greek recipe with me in the comments?  Remember it has to be something easy because I tend to mess these things up :)

Recipe Indexes:

I want to remind you about the Recipe Index Round-Up post I have going on.  I lost the links to the old one and am trying to re-create it.  Please link up your recipe link if you have one.  It’s going to be a fantastic resource!

recipe-index-roundup

Have a great week!

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Weeknight Chicken & Pasta served with spinach salad

Tuesday:  Black Bean & Corn Taco Bake served on tortillas

Wednesday:  Busy Day Pork Chops served with baked potatoes and broccoli

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Appy Night ~ Hot Pizza Dip

Saturday:  Grilled Pepper Jack Chicken Sandwiches

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join the growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Comments

35 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ January 7/13

Diane Balch says

Good morning… the same problem with the linky as last week, bummer. Let me know when it is working.

Diane Balch says

That was quick… have a great week.

Cathy @ Chief Family Officer says

Hi Laura – just wanted to let you know it looks like the code for the linky is broken! Thank you for hosting, as always!

Sorry about that Jessica, the links all fixed now :)

Betty says

It looks like the Recipe Index link isn’t working.

Not sure what happened there, but it’s all fixed now. Thanks!

Tammy @ Skinny Moms Kitchen says

I agree I need easy peasy this week – and for the rest of the school year. Those pepper jack sandwiches look great. You can make them even easier by using shredded chicken that you make ahead of time :) Then press it into a panini!! Ooohhhh that sounds good!

I posted my menu plan for the week as well. As usual I added all the make ahead tips and pics.

Thanks Laura! Have a great week!

Jean says

Oh, Greek food sounds good! I only know Greek food from restaurants though so I’ll be watching to see if anyone shares some recipes. I tried to keep my menu simple this week as well.

Yes we do it potluck style. Your salad looks yummy, I printed the recipe off. Thanks!

Anna@stuffedveggies says

I just linked a menu to menu plan Mondays with a week of Greek Freezer Meals. Hope you find a few you like ; )

Gretchen says

I have pork chops on my menu this week too. Maybe I will try your recipe.

Oh my word, does that ever sound AMAZING!!

Erika Monroe-Williams says

Whoops! I mistyped the title of my contribution in your Menu Plan Monday link party above. The sweets are called Peppermint Bark Rice Krispy Treats, not my name! :) Any chance you could change that for me, Laura? Thanks a million!

• 20.1.1

Hi Erika, I had to delete your link because it wasn’t to a weekly menu plan. This linky is just for menu plans, did you mean to link up to your menu plan?

Rebecca says

How about Greek Spaghetti. It’s easy and tasty, my Greek Grandfather loves it:
    Regular spaghetti or angel hair (I use whatever long pasta I have around, really) 2 lbs
    Stick of butter (1/2 C) browned/toasted – not just melted, and not burnt
    Parmesan cheese to taste
    Toss Spaghetti in butter to coat and add parmesan, maybe 1/4 C at a time until it coats evenly and tastes good (sorry I don’t have exact measurement for this, you know Grandparents and their recipes, maybe make it for yourselves ahead of time and see what you think of a run-through)

Mmmm that sounds yummy!

Jill says

You have turned me into something of a meal planner. I live alone and thought that there would be no value to me planning meals. But I find by planning I am eating more nutritiously, wasting less food and minimizing trips to the market. So the environment and I love it!! Thanks a lot!!

I also love the quality and diversity of your guest blogs.

Thanks Jill! I love to hear that menu planning is working out so well for you. Very cool!

Comments