Menu Plan Monday ~ January 7/13 - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ January 7/13

MPM-Winter

Hello, hello, hello!  Here we are in week #2 of the new year.  I hope you found your menu planning last week to be super successful so you keep it up :)  My kids are back to school today after the holiday break and I am so not looking forward to having to set the alarm again and being back to the busy days of school, activities and homework.  Blech!  So with that in mind, it’s especially important that I select easy meals for this week.  I do not need to stress about what’s for dinner with everything else going on.

Next week is our January dinner club night.  This month’s theme is Greek.  I have never made any type of Greek food before, not even a greek salad I don’t think.  Anyone want to share a tried and true Greek recipe with me in the comments?  Remember it has to be something easy because I tend to mess these things up :)

Recipe Indexes:

I want to remind you about the Recipe Index Round-Up post I have going on.  I lost the links to the old one and am trying to re-create it.  Please link up your recipe link if you have one.  It’s going to be a fantastic resource!

recipe-index-roundup

Have a great week!

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Weeknight Chicken & Pasta served with spinach salad

Tuesday:  Black Bean & Corn Taco Bake served on tortillas

Wednesday:  Busy Day Pork Chops served with baked potatoes and broccoli

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Appy Night ~ Hot Pizza Dip

Saturday:  Grilled Pepper Jack Chicken Sandwiches

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join the growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Comments

35 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ January 7/13”
    Diane Balch says:

Good morning… the same problem with the linky as last week, bummer. Let me know when it is working.

Hi Laura,
    I’m not seeing the linky, just code.

Hi Laura – just wanted to let you know it looks like the code for the linky is broken! Thank you for hosting, as always!

Pary Moppins says:

Thanks for the linky!

Curious about the Recipe Index Round Up, but the link isn’t working. What is it?

Betty says:

It looks like the Recipe Index link isn’t working.

I can help with easy Greek Recipes!

Here’s one example http://stuffedveggies.blogspot.com/2012/11/greek-giant-beans-gigantes.html

There are lots more to choose from in my recipe index. All super-easy & lend themselves to bulk or freezer cooking.

Hope they help you with your get-together : )

I agree I need easy peasy this week – and for the rest of the school year. Those pepper jack sandwiches look great. You can make them even easier by using shredded chicken that you make ahead of time :) Then press it into a panini!! Ooohhhh that sounds good!

I posted my menu plan for the week as well. As usual I added all the make ahead tips and pics.

Thanks Laura! Have a great week!

Jean says:

Oh, Greek food sounds good! I only know Greek food from restaurants though so I’ll be watching to see if anyone shares some recipes. I tried to keep my menu simple this week as well.

Do you have to bring food? Really easy would be to bring a bottle of Ouzo. :) OK, if you have to bring food, I’ve got an easy recipe for a Greek Pasta Salad that’s quick to make: http://celiacfamily.com/greek-pasta-salad-with-chicken/ You can make it with or without the chicken, but good Greek olives and Feta cheese are the key.

I just linked a menu to menu plan Mondays with a week of Greek Freezer Meals. Hope you find a few you like ; )

The black bean & corn taco bake looks so yummy. Thanks for hosting!

Joanne says:

How about some homemade hummus and assorted goodies (pita bread wedges, baby carrots, cucumber slices, bell pepper strips) for dipping?

Gretchen says:

I have pork chops on my menu this week too. Maybe I will try your recipe.

Venessa says:

For your Greek dinner party, you MUST make Skordalia! My grandmother was from Greece, and this is one of my favorite Greek foods. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/skordalia-greek-potato-and-garlic-dip-recipe/index.html

Thanks so much for hosting!! What a great party!

I’ll be hosting my very first link party starting tomorrow morning. I’d love to swap more links with you, Laura!

Here is the link to our party page: http://www.thehopelesshousewife.com/link-parties/

Whoops! I mistyped the title of my contribution in your Menu Plan Monday link party above. The sweets are called Peppermint Bark Rice Krispy Treats, not my name! :) Any chance you could change that for me, Laura? Thanks a million!

• 20.1.1
        Laura says:

Hi Erika, I had to delete your link because it wasn’t to a weekly menu plan. This linky is just for menu plans, did you mean to link up to your menu plan?

Rebecca says:

How about Greek Spaghetti. It’s easy and tasty, my Greek Grandfather loves it:
    Regular spaghetti or angel hair (I use whatever long pasta I have around, really) 2 lbs
    Stick of butter (1/2 C) browned/toasted – not just melted, and not burnt
    Parmesan cheese to taste
    Toss Spaghetti in butter to coat and add parmesan, maybe 1/4 C at a time until it coats evenly and tastes good (sorry I don’t have exact measurement for this, you know Grandparents and their recipes, maybe make it for yourselves ahead of time and see what you think of a run-through)

Jill says:

You have turned me into something of a meal planner. I live alone and thought that there would be no value to me planning meals. But I find by planning I am eating more nutritiously, wasting less food and minimizing trips to the market. So the environment and I love it!! Thanks a lot!!

I also love the quality and diversity of your guest blogs.

Comments