Menu Plan Monday ~ Dec 3/12

It’s December, yay!!  I love switching over the calendar to the start of a brand new month especially a month as exciting as December!  I hope you all had a nice weekend and are ready to set yourselves up for another organized week of menu planning.    All you have to do is select 5 easy recipes, pick up the groceries needed and prepare them throughout the week for your family.  I think too many of us over think the whole menu planning thing.  It just doesn’t have to be complicated gals and don’t let anyone tell you differently :)  You will be amazed at the benefits planning a few meals can bring.   Try it out this week before the season gets away on us, you will be so happy you did!

Recipe Highlight:

Last week’s favorite recipe goes to the Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole in the Crockpot.  This was so EASY to throw together, seriously.  Comfort food at it’s best, my family went crazy for it.  I was happy it didn’t require any cans of cream soup which I try to avoid yet it was still super creamy and delicious.  Definitely going into my Family Favorites Recipe Index for sure!  Now if only I had a picture to show you right?  Yep forgot to take one because we gobbled it up too fast.  Sorry!  I guess it’s a good thing I’m not a food blogger :)

Also if you missed Angie’s recipe earlier this week for yummy Cranberry Orange Scones, be sure to check it out.

Facebook Page:

For those that don’t know we have a Menu Plan Monday Facebook page where we can hang out and share recipes and tips.  I hope you’ll stop by to mingle and chat and join the community!  The box below (it takes a minute to load) will take you right there.

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Creamy Pasta with Sausage (missed from last week)

Tuesday:  Healthy Chicken Parmesan Wraps served with spinach salad

Wednesday:  Make Ahead Un-Stuffed Shells (one of my very favorite meals!)

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Baked Chicken & Acorn Squash

Saturday:  Breakfast for dinner:  Easy Oven Pancakes (this sounds so much quicker & easier!)

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own!)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join the growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Comments

19 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ Dec 3/12

Emily @Random Recycling says

Menu planning helps in so many ways for our family. Budget, time and it helps to create flexibility. Since it’s a crazy month, I added a note in this week’s meal plan about our fallback menu items.

Miz Helen says

Good Morning Laura,
    I need one of your Cranberry Orange Scones to go with my morning coffee. Hope you have a great week and thanks for hosting!
    Miz Helen

Julie @ Kid Deals Chicago says

We just had pancakes last night for dinner. I may have to try the baked pancake idea since they can all be made at once. Much easier with a new baby. I use a vegan recipe with white whole wheat flour, almond meal and flax seeds. Pancakes are one of my kids’ favorite dinners!

Jamie at Prepared to Eat says

I agree, meal planning doesn’t have to be hard. I don’t think you really have to reinvent the wheel every time you do it. Although when everyone is sick and food doesn’t sound good to anyone, it sure is a lot harder to plan!

Lynn says

Those scones look really good! And the tater tot casserole sounds great as well. I hope you enjoy the oven pancakes. I love how easy they are.

Angela says

WOW! Those scones look amazing! I’ll have to work on a GF adaption after my oven is fixed this week. Yum! Thanks for hosting this every week. It keeps me focused on menu planning even when it is just a simple one pulled together for a busy week (most of the time-LOL) or planning for a big gathering. And I love seeing everyone’s ideas! So inspiring!

Kelly @ Dysfunctionally Functional says

Your menu looks fabulous, Laura…as always!

We’re both doing the Creamy Pasta with Sausage recipe this week! :-) In fact, we’re both doing it tonight! I can’t wait to try it. I just love pasta paired with cream sauces!

Have a great week, everyone!

Janet @ Frugal & Focused says

Oh, those scones look so good. I pinned them so I could give them a try soon! Delicious looking menu as always. Thanks for hosting the linky.

Tammy @ Skinny Mom's Kitchen says

Those scones look yummy!! We also love stuffed shells over her in our neck of the woods. I did a couple double duty recipes this week. Meaning I used 1 ingredient twice. That means less cooking and mess for me :)

Have a great week.

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage says

I so agree on the menu-planning, Laura! It sure doesn’t have to be complicated – and after you’ve done it awhile, it’s easy to just look at previous menus and repeat – which means no actual planning at all, ha! Oh, and I’ve been meaning to try those unstuffed shells for awhile – gotta do that!

Nasia says

Menu planning is always good. I absolutely love those scones – cranberry and orange are two of my favourite things to put in food! :) if you could take a took at my blog as well i would appreciate it!

Jean says

I did so much better with menu planning once I realized I could keep it simple! It really does make a difference. Thank you for hosting this.

Rona says

Easy Oven Pancakes sounds perfect for the busy holiday season. Great for big groups. Thanks for linking to the recipe. I saved it in my Pinterest recipe file.

Tirabaralla says

Thank you for hosting this, yum yum yum!

Cari @ReachForTheStarBerries says

I want to give that Cheesy Chicken Tator Tot Casserole recipe a try for sure! Maybe it will be on my menu for next week. I read the tip about the oven pancakes and wow! That would be great for the holidays because you can spend time with your family instead of in the kitchen with the food.

Cari @ Reach For The Star Berries