Easy Christmas Recipes and Using Up Leftovers
The following is a guest post from Crystal of Crystal & Co.
Do you host Christmas at your house or do you travel to have dinner with family and friends?
If your menu is not complete or if you’re still looking for that perfect appetizer, side or dessert to make I have some easy recipes to share with you.
- Grilled Salsa Steak Appetizer- this is so simple to prepare and makes 24 delicious bite-size appetizers.
- Crockpot Spinach Artichoke Dip- this is an easy crockpot dip that is ideal for traveling.
- Pizza Dip- this is another yummy appetizer that will be perfect for everyone to munch on while you’re waiting for the turkey or ham.
Easy Christmas Sides
- Crockpot Green Bean Casserole- this is perfect if you are traveling and responsible for bringing a side dish and equally awesome if you’re doing all the cooking and need something you can prepare and forget about until time to serve plates.
- Easy Corn Casserole- if you’ve been asked to bring a side to Christmas dinner, this corn casserole is a crowd pleaser!
- Crockpot Garlic Mashed Potatoes- this is another excellent side that requires little work. Your holiday guests will love this!
- Apple Pecan Upside Down Pie- this is a delicious twist on a traditional dessert.
- Ranger Cookies- Santa loves these.
- Jello Poke Cake- this is a very easy dessert the kids can help make for Christmas guests.
- Crockpot Lava Cake- easy cake that everyone will love.
- Crockpot Blueberry Cobbler- super easy dessert for a crowd that prepares easily in the crockpot. No babysitting while you’re working on other holiday preparation. Score!
- No Bake Blueberry Banana Pie- this is a recipe my mother has made for years at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love traditions.
- Pina Colada Cake- another one of my mother’s recipes that guests always love.
Utilizing Leftover Christmas Ham and Turkey
- Crockpot Hashbrown Casserole- If you have leftover ham you want to use up once the holiday season has come and gone, this makes a great breakfast.
- Ham and Cheese Pasta Bake- this is a favorite at our house.
- Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas- use leftover turkey or ham in this easy dinner idea later in the week.
- Nachos- use leftover turkey to make these simple baked nachos.
- Crockpot Enchilada Casserole- use leftover turkey instead of chicken.
- Tex Mex Wraps- instead of the beef roast, use leftover turkey and use the crockpot to heat it up. Dinner will be done in no time.
Other Recipe Resources:
What is your favorite go-to Christmas recipe?
Crystal is mom to five boys, author of the mommy resource site Crystal & Co., and lover of easy recipes. She shares endless ideas and solutions to help busy moms just like you. If meal planning is something you struggle with, check out her eBook How to Meal Plan: A Step by Step Guide for Busy Moms.