Menu Plan Monday ~ Sept 17/12 - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ Sept 17/12

It’s another week, it’s another week, here we go into another week.  You really have to imagine me singing that because I’m always singing around the house.  And not well I might add.  I just do it mainly because it annoys the heck out of my children haha.  They especially love it when I use my “beautiful” opera voice! :)

I shared these adorable free printable grocery shopping lists on the MPM Facebook page yesterday but wanted to share them here too.  They are just too cute not too!  Click on the image to download.

Source:  Angeli at LivingLocurto.com

Also I wanted to make sure everyone’s had the opportunity to enter to win a copy of the e-book called Cut It Out! How I Feed My Family of 10 for $500 a Month Without Coupons.  In it you learn how to build a price book (a downloadable template for you to use and adapt for your own use is included), how to plan you meals and how to use the foods you already eat to begin to reduce the amount of money you spend at the grocery store.  It is available for sale for $3.99 as a pdf, it is also available for the Kindle or the Nook.

Please visit this post to enter and enjoy the recipe for Killer Meatballs while you are there :)

I don’t really have a recipe highlight from last week but I’d love if you’d share one with me from your week!

Have a wonderful week everyone!

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Beef Burritos

Tuesday:  Foil-Pack Chicken & Broccoli Dinner

Wednesday:  Bruschetta Fish Dinner (for me) and turkey sausages for the rest of my fish allergic family

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Ham & Cheese Ziti

Saturday:  Quick Homemade Pizza

Sunday: YOYO (you’re on your own!)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Comments

18 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ Sept 17/12”
    Char says:

Instead of deciding what we want and then going to see what I have to buy for the week, I have started to take stock of what we have before I make the menu so we can use up some of the excess and I can save more money on groceries each week.

Have a great week everyone!

Susieqtpies says:

Thanks for hosting! I love stopping in each week!

We invited you to be in our Top 25 Weekly Blog Parties board on Pinterest http://pinterest.com/susieqtpies/top-25-weekly-blog-parties/

We think that you are one of the best! We hope you accept and feel free to pin your weekly menu plan and any other linky you host. You can pin anything you feature through your parties, too!

Have a great week! Susie

Thanks for hosting Laura. That ham and cheese ziti looks great. I’ll have to give it a try.
    Hope you have a great week!

I really love the Ham & Cheese Ziti recipe! I’m definitely going to give that one a try soon. I wonder if I’ll be able to pass off the spinach as parsley, like I often try to do when my kids ask me what they’re eating and I don’t necessarily want to tell them! LOL!

We had ground venison in some chili not too long ago. I never did spill the beans on that particular little secret. ;-)

Have a great week, everyone! And, as always, thanks to Laura for hosting!!

Cute printables! Thanks for sharing them here. Have a great week!

Jenny says:

Cute printables! Happy to post my first meal plan on here today. I love looking at everyone’s plans. I have even added many of the recipes found here into my own meal planning. I also love finding new blogs to read.

I have missed MPM!! I have not posted a menu plan since June – I know craziness! It has been so busy.

Anyway, it is up with some make ahead tips :) Love the printables and I need to go check out and like the new MPM facebook page.

Have a great week Laura!

Thanks for featuring our printable shopping lists! Love your Menu Plan Mondays:-)

Heather says:

Last week, I created a menu plan for a Paleo Diet, and found some great new recipes including a quick and easy Bacon-Wrapped Chicken (http://jensgonepaleo.blogspot.com/2010/01/bacon-wrapped-chicken.html) and Roasted Potato Salad with Avocado Pesto (http://www.dietdessertndogs.com/2012/09/10/roasted-potato-salad-with-avocado-pesto/).

Tabitha says:

We tried 5 new recipes last week from kojodesigns.com. They were freezer cooking recipes.I love how simple they were to prepare and they were packed with flavor! Will definetly be cooking them up again soon!

Thanks for hosting! Highlight from last week is the Homemade Whole Grain Pita – http://thecheapskatecook.com/2012/09/11/insanity-on-a-budget-homemade-is-cheaper-recipe-whole-grain-pita/
    I found the secret to puffy whole grain pita; pretty happy :-)

Laura says:

The printables are adorable! I’m almost out of scrap paper and free grocery lists from various stores too, so these will be great!

I need to start planning my meals more regularly. We’re gone just about every night of the week and with working full time and everything, it’s just hard to do. Hubby and I used to plan meals each weekend, but, we slowly dropped that habit. We did our menu planning around 3 or 4 years ago and haven’t returned to that wonderful habit, since.

Robin says:

Love your website, Laura! Beef burritos sound great! Do you have a recipe?

Just discovered your blog and I love this idea! Starting menu plan Monday for myself!

Woohooo about time someone said something useful , do you know when there will be more added like this? very interesting, thank you

Comments