Menu Plan Monday ~ July 2/12

Hi everyone!  Today is a stat holiday (day off for many) in Canada due to yesterday being Canada Day.  We celebrated Canada’s 145th birthday!  Today we relax :)

So this will be short and sweet today but I do want to share a couple of pictures of the great food we shared with friends.

Some shish kabobs on the bbq:

Some yummy punch:

Homemade buns!!!

Canadian Flag Cake that I made for dessert:

These smores on croissants were soooo good I can’t even begin to tell you!  Caramilk chocolate and  marshmallow in a croissant, wrapped in tin foil and baked in the oven.  Mmmmmm.

I hope all my Canadian friends had a fabulous Canada Day too.  And to my US neighbors, I hope you all enjoy your July 4th festivities coming up this week!!

Here’s what we’ll be eating this week:

Monday:  Stirfry with leftover shish kabobs :)

Tuesday:  Taco Bake

Wednesday:  Honey Mustard Chicken & Veggie Pasta Salad

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Homemade Pizza (bread made in bread machine)

Saturday:  Honey Rosemary Pork Chops served with baked potatoes and corn on the cob

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own!)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Comments

18 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ July 2/12

Rita says

Such beautiful colors in the food pictures! Have a wonderful week!

Angela says

Oh my word, those smores look scrumptious!!! (And I’m sure they have no calories… ;) )

Susieqtpies says

Thank you! Have a great 4th of July! Those Smore croissants look awesome! I might lick my monitor.

SnoWhite @ Finding Joy in My Kitchen says

Those kabobs look amazing! What a fun way to celebrate – and especially with that dessert! Yum. If you guys have really warm weather on Friday, come pizza time, you should consider grilling your homemade pizza. It’s super easy, if you haven’t done it, and you will love it.

Kelly @ Dysfunctionally Functional says

The shish kabobs look amazing. The cake is adorable. And as for the s’mores on croissants?

Dear Lord, I want those for breakfast…today…NOW!

Croissants are a breakfast thing, right?

Gotta run to the store! :-)

Have a great week, all!

Karen @ Abundance on a Dime says

I have a picture of a Canada Flag Cake (somewhere!) that I must have made over 20 years ago. Mine was a cheesecake. This year we went with a really simple dessert – vanilla ice cream with wild black raspberries :) Hope you’ve had good weather there for the holiday – it has been fantastic here in Southern Ontario!

Heather @Celiac Family says

I have never seen a Canadian Flag dessert before! LOVE IT. Have a great, relaxing day!

April @ Angel's Homestead says

What great pictures of your food! I really, really want one of those croissants right now. Happy belated Canada Day!

Rona says

Happy Canada Day!
    I love the chicken kabobs. We haven’t had them for awhile so maybe I should add them to next week’s menu plan.
    Thanks for hosting MPM!

Steph (The Cheapskate Cook) says

Love the festive food!!! That cake is so creative!
    I linked in at #141 (someday I might join soon enough to be in the double digits, lol) with a frugal, whole foods-based menu for the entire month. I’m focusing on real, healthy food and some organics but sticking to our small budget this month.
    Thanks for hosting! I love it.

Ryder says

Hey! I’m back. Wow, it’s really been a while since I’ve submitted a meal plan. My husband has been out of town for the last 6 weeks on business, and it’s looking like he might be gone for the rest of the summer. I thought it was hard to cook and plan for two, but one is so much harder. I’ve had no desire to cook more than scrambled eggs and veggie burgers, but I am hoping a plan and some variety will help to make the summer go more quickly. I am trying some new recipes from a book I got for Christmas (Cooking Light: Way to Cook Vegetarian). They are in no particular order:

~Broccoli Casserole (I’m gonna throw in some tofu I have leftover in the fridge and leave out the mushrooms), roasted brussel sprouts, salad

~Mexican Casserole (leaving out the fake meat and doubling the beans), fresh corn on the cob, salad

~Lentil & Edamame Stew, Salad, bread of some kind

Stay cool folks!!!

Andrea Merrigan says

Wow the kabobs and crescents look fabulous! I’m linking up this week.

Carrie Butterwick says

Thanks so much for all the great inspiration! Now is when I should be doing these meal plans as work is so busy – but I always think – oh – I’ll sit down and do that when things slow down…that is totally the opposite of what I should be doing!

Marcia Francois, Organising Queen says

Darling Laura, I had to click through to tell you…. YOUR CANADIAN DESSERT IS GORGEOUS!!!!! Well done :)

Also, how do you get your buns so perfect? I’m not being rude!!! Your bread rolls (is what I call them) are so even and “perfect” – mine come out very “ugly” but taste good

Comments