Menu Plan Monday ~ April 9/12

I thought a fun new banner for spring was in order.  We still have a little snow on the ground here but with all the sun lately that we’ve been getting it’s only a matter of days until it’s all gone.  Yippee!!  I just love spring!

We had a wonderful day yesterday celebrating not only Easter but my daughter’s 15th birthday as well!  After church my husband and I took just my daughter out for a special birthday lunch.  This is a tradition we have with our kids and they love it because they get mom and dad all to themselves.  For supper she picked Shephard’s Pie for dinner and Peanut Butter Pie for dessert.  For the Shepherd’s Pie we did a version of this recipe and it was really good but the best part of dinner was by far the dessert.  Oh my heavens, was this Peanut Butter Pie recipe ever delicious.  I’m pretty sure it’s my new go to dessert.  Super easy and yummy, yummy, yummy!

What was your favorite Easter dish?

Also for those that might have missed it, last week I posted about my top three favorite food allergy resources.  Be sure to check it out if food allergies are something you have to deal with.

I hope everyone has an organized week by planning a weekly menu! :)

My Weekly Menu:

Monday:  Leftover Shepherd’s Pie (yay!) served with a green salad

Tuesday:  Slow Cooker Honey Glazed Ham served with scallop potatoes and broccoli

Wednesday:  Ham Fettuccine Bake (using leftover ham)

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Enchilada Casserole

Saturday:  Pepperoni Pizza Waffles

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Comments

25 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ April 9/12

Amy @ A Little Nosh says

I’m doing shepherd’s pie this week too. I have a TON of leftover mashed potatoes from this weekend.

The Happy Housewife says

Looks like a great menu and I LOVE your new spring banner! We’re past spring here in Florida and into summer. It was nice while it lasted, lol!

Toni

Miz Helen says

Good Morning Laura,
    Your menu plan and especially the Enchilada Casserole looks very good. Hope you have a wonderful week and thanks for hosting!
    Miz Helen

SnoWhite @ Finding Joy in My Kitchen says

Love the new spring banner!! Hope you had a blessed Easter with your family celebrating His amazing gift to us. Glad you’ll get to enjoy ham this week, even though that Shepherd’s pie looks quite good — I love ham leftovers :) We tried that fettuccine ham bake and really enjoyed it.

April @ Angel's Homestead says

Looks like a yummy week at your house Laura. I’ve been MIA in the menu planning department for the last two weeks, thought I was to busy to make one. Boy was I wrong! I was to busy, NOT to have one. Glad to be back on the menu planning bandwagon. Thanks for hosting and have a great week! :)

Tiffany says

Love that pretty new banner!

Angela says

Love the new banner – so sweet and springy!

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage says

We celebrated our daughter’s 16th birthday this weekend, too (though her actual b-day was March 29) – and she picked a peanut-butter & chocolate cheesecake. Teens really like their peanut butter, I guess. :-)

Oh, and I took your advice and I’m just signing my daughter up to cook some days – she actually doesn’t mind it…but she doesn’t offer it either, so just scheduling it in on the menu works for us. :-) Another reason to love menu planning!

Janet says

Love the new banner! And that peanut butter pie looks amazing. Thanks for hosting!

Adelina Priddis says

Love the banner!
    My parents always took us out for a birthday dinner too! It’s something I’m still trying to implement with my hubs and kids. It’s really such a great parent child bonding time without all the siblings there to distract.

Kelly @ Dysfunctionally Functional says

I love ham! I do one in the crock pot for Christmas, but I bake one for Easter (since there’s no turkey hogging up the oven, pardon the pun). I’m Russian Orthodox, so our Easter is this coming Sunday…and I can’t wait!!

Thanks for hosting, Laura! Ooh…and BTW…I made the Rainbow Spring Dessert yesterday, since I had family over for dinner — even though it wasn’t a holiday, and they’ll all be back again this week, LOL! Everyone LOVED it!

Have a great week, everyone!

Trish @ Finances With Funk says

I so needed some leftover ham inspiration. Thanks for the fettuccine recipe. That just might work it’s way in this week or next.

Patricia says

Thanks for sharing this. That pie looks to die for. Love the ideas.

Keri Noack says

I have always wanted to plan the whole week’s meals in advance to efficiently use ingredients, thank you for all the ideas! And I LOVE using my crock-pot, I can’t wait to try the honey glazed ham… yum!

Gina says

Oh, that PB Pie looks amazing! Alas, with a severe peanut allergy in my house, we never get to have it. I’ll have to ask a friend to make it so I can come eat it at her house :)

Susanne says

Happy Birthday to your girl! Love those kinds of traditions.

I’ve heard of that pie but have never tried it. I’ll definitely have to now that you say it’s super easy.

Rona says

The Peanut Butter Pie looks delicious.

Comments