Menu Plan Monday ~ April 23/12

Last night was our first hot dog roast of the season, it was so good!  Spring is here!  I’m not a huge hot dog fan normally but every once and awhile one cooked over the open fire sure hits the spot.   Not to mention a couple marshmallows and chocolate sandwiched between a couple of graham crackers.  What’s not to love about that!  Mmmmm…smores!  Now here’s where I’d show you a picture for the drool factor but I totally neglected to take any pictures…AGAIN!

Today I want to tell you about another great ebook I just recently read.  This one is written by Rachel over at KitchenCourses.com and is titled 52 Weeks to Inspired Cooking.  This ebook has been designed to help all home cooks who have lost their way to get their cooking mojo and inspiration back!   I was excited to read this one because I hear all the time from people who are in a menu planning rut and I wondered if this ebook could help and I definitely think it will.

For every week of the year Rachel provides you with a prompt to help you bust out of your cooking rut once and for all and will help you bridge the gap between amazing meals you’d love to enjoy and the meals you actually get to enjoy!  This isn’t a cookbook but rather a book of fun weekly ideas to get you excited about cooking again.  Rachel is offering Org Junkie readers a 50% off discount…..use code OrgJunkie50 at checkout if you are interested.  Code will expire May 13th.  It is a bit pricier for an ebook but the 50% off discount helps for sure.  I’m not an affiliate just wanted to let you know about a great resource.

So last week I asked about casseroles and many of you said you love them but disliked using the cream of soups.  I would have to agree and am always looking for recipes that don’t include them.  If you’ve got one to share please feel free to add the link in the comments.  Thanks!

Have a great week!

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Mini Chicken Pot Pies (I’m excited to try this one as I think these would be perfect for a potluck)

source:  Betty Crocker

Tuesday:  Pizza Casserole

Wednesday:  Teriyaki Grilled Chicken served with baked potatoes and veggies

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:   Honey BBQ Meatloaf served with rice and broccoli

Saturday:  Spinach, Pepper and Alfredo Pizza

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own!)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

24 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ April 23/12

Pary Moppins says

I agree. There is something about a hotdog cooked over a fire that is so nostalgic and comforting – as well as super tasty! Thanks for hosting. :)

Ginger says

I will have to try the mini pot pies. They look so cute and delicious! Thanks for the link party.

Gina says

Those little potpies are so cute! My kids would love that Pizza Casserole, I’ll have to give it a try.

Queen of the House says

Mini chicken pot pies!!!! Please let us know how those worked out (and if your family liked them)! :) Have a great week!

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage says

What a great family tradition that is to roast hot dogs and smores! Your kids will certainly remember that- reason enough to eat a hot dog. ;-)

One of my favorite no-soup casseroles also uses up leftover ham – but the reason I love it is probably because of the cheesy-crispy-buttery crust! Here’s the link:

I usually make it in ramekins – I put a lot of casserole-type dishes in them because they are easy to serve. And let’s face it- they look a whole lot nicer on the plate (and in the picture!) than a glob of casserole. :-) But a regular 13×9 pan works, too.

Tammy @ Skinny Mom's Kitchen says

Those chicken pot pies look great!! I love making meals like that – perfect portion control!

My menu pan is a little simple this week because my prego sister is in town and it has been an exciting whirlwind of activity. Most of my meals I did make last weekend during my freezer cooking session. Thank goodness!

Have a great week Laura!

Dannette says

Please let us know how those Chicken Pot Pies turn out as they look amazing! So fun!

Oh and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to use any other MPM banner except for the new spring one as it is SO CUTE!

Have a great week!

Janet says

Those MIni Chicken Pot Pies look so fun. Thanks for hosting!

Minty @ under de mango tree says

That e-book sure looks interesting. I’m always looking for new ways to keep it fresh and creative in the kitchen! One of the ways I do it is through pinning new ideas to my Pinterest (pinterest.com/mangochutnie). :)

Tiffany says

Thanks for hosting. I haven’t forgotten about reviewing your app, I’ve just gotten distracted. It will happen!

Kelly @ Dysfunctionally Functional says

I’m jealous! We have a brand new fire pit this year, and on account of the cuckoo weather we’ve been having here in Northeastern PA, we’ve yet to get out and have a hot dog and s’mores night. I can’t wait, though!

Have a great week, Laura — and everyone! — and thanks for hosting!

Sara @ Mom Endeavors says

How fun! Thanks so much for sharing the link to my pizza casserole post! :) Hope your family enjoys it! I love how easy & versatile it is!
    Have a great week!

debi9kids says

LOVE the mini pot pie idea! Very cute :)

Steph (The Cheapskate Cook) says

Thanks for hosting! The ebook sounds fantastic! You’re right. It’s easy to get into a rutt, and a book that’s more about inspiration than about recipes could be just the ticket to get someone out.
    I think there are a ton of recipes for homemade cream-of-whatever-soup to replace canned varieties in casseroles.
    My two favorite Real Food (and super frugal) casseroles are here:

Marishannon says

The mini pot pies look like a great idea!

Lisa @ Cheap Thrills says

Instead of cream of soups, I like to make a quick roux and add a cup and a half of milk to thicken to creamy deliciousness. If I have it, I’ll sub half the liquid for chicken or veg stock. But sometimes, nothing beats a good cream of mushroom casserole — at least for DH.

Cariann says

Trying to use up some freezer stuff this week… Love the mini Chicken Pot Pies…

Valerie says

Love the chicken pot pies idea…will have to try that.

I just finished my every-six-months clear out of the pantry and freezer. That’s when I take everything out and see what’s been forgotten about deep in the depths and plan a menu around it to use it up. I love the challenge of trying to make a meal with what’s on hand, buying only the bare minimum of additional ingredients. I call these “bonus meals”. Not only does it free up space and use up stuff that would soon need to be tossed, but it also ensures a pretty light grocery bill that week.

This time I found an old envelope of Lipton dried vegetable soup that had a recipe on the package for Sesame Glazed Chicken. It was so yummy and delicious. You just brown some chicken breasts in a little olive oil and then mix together the soup, water, some ground ginger and a cup of orange marmalade and then toss in some broccoli florets. Cover and simmer and serve over cooked rice with a sprinkling of sesame seeds. Couldn’t have been easier, and I had everything on hand!

Candi says

Thanks for sharing the link to my pizza :) Hope you enjoy it!

Comments