Kitchen Organizing

I have to say that organizing kitchens is a real favorite of mine.  I’m not sure what it is about kitchens but I think it has something to do with how methodical and purposeful it is.  We spend a lot of time in our kitchens and they need to make sense for how we work in them.  This of course will be different for everybody, there is no right or wrong way to do it.  I like that.  A couple of years ago I helped my girlfriend straighten out one of her kitchen cupboards so it worked for her.  It took no time at all for us to go through and re-arrange some things so we could maximize the space and make efficiency a priority.

I shared about it here on my blog some time ago but this week I’m sharing the story over at Janelle’s Comfy in the Kitchen blog (yes we traded spaces this week ~ she was here on my site earlier this week sharing her Easy Apple Dumplings recipe!).

Anyway some of you might remember this basket gone bad that I found in my girlfriend’s cabinet:

Yikes, that’s never good.  Come on over to read the rest of the story :)

Filed under: Kitchen

Comments

13 Responses to Kitchen Organizing

Sandy says

Clicked on the links and got the “This page cannot be found.” Said it might be out dated. Just saying…

erica says

yep. I’m getting “page not found” too

Kristie says

Same here

Stephanie says

The links are working now for me. :-)

When are you coming to California? You can can help me do my kitchen. lol

Barb says

I love your blog! I have always loved organizing. Right nowk, my favorite room to organize is the kitchen. I don’t have a lot of counter or cupboard space so I am always trying to find the best way to utilize both.

Amy says

Love the tea/beverage stations! Such a great idea to put all the tea bags in one basket. :)’
    But I have a question. How do you consolidate/tidy boxes of loose tea?

How about a tin container of some kind so they stay fresh. Consolidate the bags right into the tin.

Ellie says

Every January I start the year with organizing my kitchen. I love to do it. It needs it because of all the use it had during the holidays. Often helpers put things back in different places than where they belong. Sometimes it is a better place than where I had them stored. A kitchen is easier for me to declutter because there are few sentimental decisions, mainly practical ones. At this stage in my life, do I really use all those trays, platters, etc?

After having the family here and then suddenly gone and the house too quiet, I find the process of going through the cabinets gives me a sense of purpose and then a feeling of accomplishment. Silly, I know but it works for me.

Thanks, Laura, for keeping me on track.

Ralph says

I have a lot of tea and that is the only part of my pantry that I keep organized. I will have to read your post so I get everything else together.

Comments