Menu Plan Monday ~ Dec 5/11

It’s December!  Time to break out the Christmas button, yay!  I also have this one available as well:

I think it might be time to have a new one made.  I’ll have to see what I can do for you :)

So I made it home safe and sound but am sad that my house isn’t decorated for the holidays yet.  I almost always have it done by now but with being away I didn’t get a chance.  I was hoping the magical decorating elves would make an appearance while I was gone and transform it all for me but unfortunately they must have been busy elsewhere.  Guess I know what I’ll be doing this week :)  I like to get my decorations up early and take them down early (I’m itching to do it come boxing day).  How about you?

It was so wonderful to celebrate my Gran’s 95th birthday with her.  She is doing so well and it was so good to see her.  Great cake too!

How was your week?

Here’s what we’ll be eating this week:

Monday:  Tangy Pineapple Meatloaf served with rice and broccoli

Tuesday:  Honey Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken served with perogies and carrots

Wednesday:  Do Ahead Ravioli Sausage Lasagna

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Broccoli Cheddar Soup served with Bread Machine Garlic Bread

Saturday:  Pizza Quesadillas

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Comments

29 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ Dec 5/11

Lynn says

I am glad you had a great trip. The pizza quesadillas on your plan this week sound really good and very kid friendly!

Angela says

I love to decorate for the holidays! We start the weekend after Thanksgiving (American Thanksgiving). After Christmas we put away quite a few things, but I always make my hubby leave the tree up through Jan 1st (he would pull everything down the day after Christmas also, but I take so long to put stuff up, I like to enjoy it a bit longer). Then on New Years we put the tree away and start the new year with a fresh slate. Love it! Have fun decorating this week!

Miz Helen says

Hi Laura,
    What a blessing to celebrate 95 years with your Gram. Thanks for hosting and have an awesome week!
    Miz Helen

Patty @ South of the Fork says

95 years is so awesome!

I am going to put your Do Ahead Ravioli Sausage Lasagna on next week’s menu. MMMM MMMM Good!

Mindi says

What an amazing celebration! Happy 95th to your gram! We put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving and are still working on putting up the rest of the decorations. We usually leave them up for way too long. My husband loves Christmas and would leave them up all winter if I let him! We have celebrated my birthday (Jan 10th) for many years with the Christmas decorations still up.

Tiffany says

Happy 95th Birthday to your Gram! How wonderful!

Cindy says

Glad you had such a wonderful time!! I haven’t had the chance to get our decorations up either, so don’t feel too bad, LOL. Hopefully this week. Have a great one!!

Queen of the House says

Happy Birthday to your dear grandmother! Wow…95! :)
    Love the pizza quesadillas idea! Have a great week.

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage says

Hey Laura! Sounds like a fun trip.

We start our decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving here with all the house decorations. We do a live tree (living in Oregon, it seems silly not to!), so we wait to put that up until 2 weeks before Christmas. It stays up a few days after, but then I like to have everything cleaned up by the 1st.

Oh, and I tried to follow the Honey Garlic Chicken recipe, but it comes up as a 404 page- that it doesn’t exist. It sounds good, so I hope it does exist somewhere! :-)

All fixed now, sorry about that!

Ryder says

We always decorate and put the tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving. The rule in my house is that all the Christmas decore has to be packed back up and put away in the attic before January 1st otherwise, you carry all of your back luck from the previous year into the new year. Anyways, here’s our menu for the week:

Sunday: Five Guys

Monday: Turkey pot pie, greenbeans, salad

Tuesday: Hamburger Mac & Cheese (w/ ground turkey), broccoli, salad

Wednesday: Leftover pot pie

Thursday: Balsamic grilled pork chops, roasted potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts

Friday: Turkey kielbasa sauteed w/ onions, mashed potatoes, braised red cabbage

Saturday: Leftovers

April @ Angel Foods Kitchen says

Glad you enjoyed your trip and that your grandmother had a good birthday party. Happy Belated Birthday to her! I sure miss my grandma…

I have my tree up, but still have a few more decorations to add to it. The lights are on at least! :) We always leave our tree up till Jan. 2nd. My mom and dad taught us growing up that it helped ensure good luck for the New Year. Oh the traditions and memories we carry with us from our childhood.

Thanks for hosting another week of MPM and have a great week Laura! :)

Janet says

Happy Birthday to your Gran! The pizza quesadillas look fun and easy!

Katie @ Riddlelove says

Yay for December birthdays! We just celebrated my brother’s 30th yesterday. :)

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds says

You’re funny. I broke out your Christmas button, too! Thanks for hosting, and for making the buttons available!

Wendy @ Celiacs in the House says

It’s such a blessing when we have elders in the family who live to be in their 90s and are still vital and active and sharp. They can share so much with the younger generation. My husband’s grandpa lived to be 99 and we miss him dearly. Hope you get that holiday spirit spread throughout your house this week.

Jennie says

I would love to try the Honey Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken but it says that page couldn’t be found.

Sorry about that, all fixed now.

Gaby @ Tmuffin says

I always thought I didn’t have time for menu planning, and I touch on that a bit in my blog post today at http://www.Tmuffin.com.

But since I spent so much time meal planning and cooking last week, the next few weeks seem like such a breeze! I’ll have to work in those pizza quesadillas too. We often do open-faced tortilla “pizzas” OR quesadillas. Why didn’t I ever think to combine the two? Thanks for your blog and for hosting this linky. I am excited to browse around and get more menu planning ideas.

Jessica says

We leave the decorations up until Epiphany — can’t take ‘em down until the wise men come! Last year I still had the naked tree up on my daughter’s birthday (11th), so I covered it with 2′s and called it a birthday tree!

Michelle Sexton says

Ha! I think I am going to make that Honey Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken tonight! Thanks for the idea! P.S. I love how you offer your menu for the week.

Kelly @ Dysfunctionally Functional says

~tsk, tsk~

Yep, I’m late again!

And, ooh, does that Honey Garlic Chicken sound absolutely scrumptious, or what?!?

We’re going to [hopefully] get our tree this upcoming Saturday, and then we’re going to [hopefully] get it all purty and decorated on Sunday. We usually leave our tree up until Russian Christmas, which is January 7th. Some years we’re lucky, and the tree holds up well. Other years, not so much. One year, by the time we got the ornaments and lights off the tree, 97% of the needles were on the floor. My husband always burns our trees in his outdoor fire pit…that particular year, I swear I heard the, “Whoosh!” as what was left of our poor tree went up like a Roman candle.

Have a great week, everyone!

Comments