Menu Plan Monday ~ Dec 12/11 + free holiday menu and baking planner printables

Hi everyone!  Thank you for joining me here and sharing your menu plans.  Planning my menu for this week means getting organized for all the extra baking I need to do.  This week I have two events I need to bring baking to.  One needs to be a fancier dessert for the teacher appreciation luncheon at my daughter’s highschool and the other is some cookies for a cookie gifting party (we aren’t swapping, just gifting) for a friend.  So I spent way too long on the internet today searching recipes galore and think I found some excellent options.

For the highschool teachers:

source: Bake, Eat, Repeat

These lovely looking Eggnog Latte Cupcakes.  Yum!

For my friend:

source: Taste of Home

These Cookie Dough Truffles because hello?  Sweetened condensed milk, yum!  We’ll leave the walnuts out though.

So that takes care of this week.  I’ve penciled them into my Holiday Baking List along with more things to be prepared for next week.  I created this baking list printable last year to help me stay organized and it worked really well.  Since I kept my list from last year I was able to easily refer back to it to see what worked and didn’t work.  Very helpful indeed!  If you would like to download and print a copy for yourself just click on the image below.

Also you might find my Holiday Meal Planner from last year helpful as well.  Again just click on the image below to download.

Additional menu planning resources this week:

Recipe Organization – Tips and Tricks ~ @ Annie’s Eats

13 Meal Ministry Meals ~ @ Comfy in the Kitchen

Free Printable Christmas Themed Menu Planners ~ @ Heavenly Homemakers

Alright friends, I hope you have a fabulous week with minimum stress.  Look forward to reading your menus.

Our weekly menu:

Monday:  Pizza Quesadillas (missed from last week)

Tuesday:  Crockpot BBQ Chicken served with fries and carrots

Wednesday:  Pierogi Beef Skillet

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Ranch Pork Chops served with rice and broccoli

Saturday:  Apple Cinnamon Pancakes

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Filed under: Menu Plan Monday, Printables
The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

28 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ Dec 12/11 + free holiday menu and baking planner printables

The Happy Housewife says

I’m baking this week too! Thanks for sharing the free printables. I’ll be downloading mine this morning!

Toni

Liz@PocketChangeGourmet says

The Cookie Dough Truffles are on my list. I made them last year and they are great!
    Thanks for hosting Laura!
    ~Liz

Lynn says

Both of those desserts look great! I think everyone will enjoy them. Have a great week.

Kelli Miller (@momof3boys3702) says

Oh this is going to be one of those days I am afraid! :-) It took me about 5 minutes to even get your site to come up… kept getting a 500 error. I also have a to do list 9 miles long AND some of my readers are asking for bread machine recipes, so I have to start baking bread so I can find good ones that are kid friendly. LOL!

Tiffany says

I haven’t started any Christmas baking yet. I need to get on the stick!

Queen of the House says

Cookie. Dough. Truffles…..oh my! :D
    Thanks for the link, and have a great week!

Patty @ South of the Fork says

Thank you for the printables. AND YUMMMMMOOOO to the cookie dough truffles. Yes. I’ll use THAT link! :)

Happy week ahead to you!

Kelly @ Dysfunctionally Functional says

Both of those desserts look *amazing*, Laura!!! Must try!

I, too, am baking this week! I’ll be baking even more next week. And cooking some of my Christmas dinner items ahead of time. ~sigh~ I really love to cook/bake, and I love being in my kitchen, but during this time of year, it seems as though I *live* in my kitchen, and that I don’t particularly love.

Ah, well. ‘Tis the season, right? What can you do?

Have a great week, everyone!!

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage says

Thanks, Laura for the Holiday menu printable- don’t know how I missed it last year. I usually don’t print out menu planners because they always have to much wasted on them (lunches & bfst. that I don’t plan and grocery lists that I don’t need)- but this one is PERFECT for these weeks before the holidays! I love the column for holiday prep- I usually need to do something every day for our various family celebrations and parties, so I’ll really use that column. ;-)

I’ve already done some of my baking ’cause I ran a week of holiday cookies on my blog. I even have a chocolate truffle that’s in a bar form- no time needed shaping little balls, but all the yumminess. :-)

Yum will have to go check it out, thanks!

Sinea says

Those Eggnog Latte Cupcakes are a work of art….and I LOVE egg nog! Mmm.

Lisa says

My son and I have made those cookie dough truffles together for 3 years now. We love them! I first tasted them in an office “cookie” exchange (there were other candies, too) and loved them. My son took one bite and immediately wanted to make more!

Lisa says

Pierogi Beef Skillet sounds interesting. Ukrainian pastries with Italian Seasoning!! We’d probably like this one.

Lucky @ Making My Own Luck says

Those cupcakes look awesome. I just got done baking cookies for 50 people, but that might take me back to the kitchen. Also, I totally agree — you can’t go wrong with sweetened condensed milk!

Mindi says

Those cookie dough truffles look sooooo good! I’m baking this weekend and may have to add those too the list.

Gaby @ Tmuffin says

I made your pizza quesadillas last week! Thanks for the inspiration. Also, seeing that you’re planning to make pancakes this Saturday… I’m assuming that’s for dinner, and it’s such a great idea to work a breakfast for dinner into menu planning. Breakfast is so much easier than dinner for dinner!

JILL says

These all sound great. I appreciate the idea’s. I’m hoping I can get into a habit of planning menu’s to make life alittle less hecktic and get everyone at th table together…. We have EFMH (every man for himself) too often, lol..

Angela says

Yummy menu! The YOYO night made me laugh. We sometimes have Find Your Own Food Friday. Love it! :)

Megan says

Ooh, the Ministry Meals website is a great resource – thanks so much for posting it! My sister-in-law just wrapped up a master’s degree in education, and I’ve been struggling with what to get her as a gift. I might see if she’d be willing to let me make a week’s worth of dinners for her freezer sometime next semester once she starts teaching. Enjoy those cookie dough truffles, and thanks so much for hosting!!

Hogward says

I love to have cupcakes. Yummy menu plan. Particularly i like to have Cookie Dough Truffles

Elizabeth@ReadySetSimplify says

Wow. I’m totally going to try the cookie dough truffles. I haven’t done anything for Christmas yet – not even a tree up. I really need to get going! I love the baking list, too. Thanks!

Netty says

OK so I’m not such a cooking expert. Where do you find the chocolate candy for the truffles? I have used chocolate bark in the past but not candy. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I would LOVE to make the truffles.

I use the chocolate candy melts, they look a bit like a wafer. They are often in bulk although places like Michaels carry them in bags in their chocolate sections.

• 25.1.1
        Netty says

Thanks Laura…I will check my local Michael’s store. ;)

Comments