Menu Plan Monday ~ August 1/11

Hi everyone!  My kids got home yesterday, yay!  I missed the little stinkers :)

Last week I did a week of easy dinners and it was so simple and delicious!  I love dinners that take all off 15 minutes to throw together and are healthy too.  My husband didn’t even mind because I always made sure to include a meat.  Basically on Monday I cooked up a whole chicken in the slow cooker and that lasted us at least three meals.  I didn’t turn on the oven the entire week and I even managed to lose all the holiday weight I’d gained…bonus!

So this week with my kids returning I wanted to start introducing a new food to my allergic son (11).  He has some food aversions due to his extensive food allergies so getting him to try new foods can be pretty painful.  I found some safe wheat free oats that I’d like him to try and I think this recipe for Dairy-Free, Egg-Free Baked Oatmeal might just do the trick.  Wish me luck!  Thanks to a MPM participant for the recipe lead :)

I also want to send a big thank you out to a lovely reader who was so kind to send me some extra chalk board markers she had on hand to solve my menu board dilemma.  So awesome, thank you!

Menu Planning Resources:

Menu Board Tutorial ~ @ Fussy Monkey Business

Menu Board Remix ~ @ The Letter 4

Free Downloaded Menu Plans ~ @ Mel’s Kitchen Cafe

Additional Menu Planning Resources

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:   Mini Taco Bowls

Tuesday:  Drunken Pork Chops served with rice and broccoli

Wednesday:  Brown Sugar Chicken served with baby potatoes and corn on the cob

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Pepperoni and Mozzarella Panini’s served with a green salad

Saturday:  Weeknight Ravioli Bake

Sunday:  Church Lunch Potluck ~ Bacon Pinwheels

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU PLAN THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

26 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ August 1/11

Rita says

I’ve never seen chalk board markers before. What a neat thing! Have a wonderful week.

Liz@HoosierHomemade says

I’m so excited to link up our new blog for the first time! Pocket Change Gourmet just launched! We share budget friendly meals with a little bit of flair!
    Thanks for hosting Laura!
    ~Liz

SnoWhite @ Finding Joy in My Kitchen says

I completely understand the hesitation to try new foods… with food allergies that can be a scary thing — but I think you’ve found a great recipe to try.

The pepperoni mozzarella panini of Lara’s is amazing. We love those sandwiches during the summer. The balsamic vinegar adds just a little extra something special.

Miz Helen says

Hi Laura,
    I am going to try your Brown Sugar Chicken it looks delicious. Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful day!
    Miz Helen

Natanya @ Fete & Feast says

I’m into week two of my daughter being back into town and back to kid-friendly cooking. I’m on a mission to introduce new foods as well and if I even get a couple into rotation I’ll take it. Enjoy having your kids back!

Jenna @ Newlyweds says

Glad you guys had a good vacation (from the kids, lol). Hope you enjoy the drunken pork chops, they are my hubby’s favorite!

April says

The brown sugar chicken sounds different but yummy, adding it to my try it list. Good luck with introducing your son back to oatmeal. I hope it works out well. Thanks for hosting and have a great week!

Tammy says

Your menu looks great, Laura! Martha Stewart has a wonderful baked ravioli recipe. I use dried herbs with it, and it’s great!

Anne @ Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy says

I hope your son loves the baked oatmeal and thanks for mentioning me:)! I can totally understand the food aversions combined with food allergies… have one of those myself. The last time I made the baked oatmeal, I added peaches instead of apples – it was awesome!

Penguin's Palette says

I have found so many yummy recipes thanks to MPM! I just want to thank you for that!!

Evelyn says

I’ve copied a few of your recipes down to try during August…thank you so much for sharing; it all looks and sounds SO good!

Kelly Hess says

Thanks for the links to the Taco Bowls and Paninis – they are going on my menu plan for next week!

Tammy @ Skinny Mom's Kitchen says

That menu board from fussy monkey business is AWESOME!!! I love the tutorial. I always considered myself craft challenged but I just might have to try this.

Queen of the House says

Just love the link for the mini taco bowls! I am incorporating them into my menu this week! :) Thanks!

Nina Marana says

Your menu looks delicious . The ravioli bake looks delicious

Gretchen says

Wow, great recipes. I think I clicked on all of them to check them out.

Judi @ Frugal Frolic says

My younger son is away for his second week at Boy Scout camp… I know he’s having fun but we miss him! It’s a lot harder than I thought it would be having him away for this long. I have a special meal planned for when he gets back on Saturday :)

Bethany says

Normally when I go through your menu plan there are 1 0r 2 I will bookmark to try. Today I bookmarked 6 of the recipes…what an awesome andyummy plan you have prepared for this week=)
    Thanks for hosting

MrsD05 says

I don’t have a blog so I’ll post mine here. I am trying to get back into menu planning (which I did for years) after taking about 6 months off.

Sunday- Meatloaf patties, egg noodles, corn
    Monday- fried pork chops, rice pilaf, green beans for me, corn for hubby (that is about the only vegetable he’ll eat)
    Tuesday- Grilled hotdogs, chips, fruit
    Wednesday- Chicken Enchiladas, Mexican Rice, beans
    Thursday- Turkey Bacon & Hashbrown Quiche, fruit smoothies
    Friday- Italian Sausage Pizza, salad/fruit
    Saturday- Happy Birthday to my hubby! I get the night off cooking because his mom is making one of his favorite meals

MrsD05 says

I liked the drunken pork chops idea so much that I decided to make those instead. :-)

Jessica says

I really like that blackboard menu idea! How cute, and probably not too hard (for my husband) to make!

Wenchie@Fixing It With Glue says

I’m so excited to join in this week – I’m really very new at this whole organisational thing, and I only started menu planning last week. WOW does it make life easier.

When I’ve a little time this evening I’m going to do a trawl of everyone else’s posts for ideas for next week.

Betsy @ Romance on a Dime says

I’m new and joining in on the Menu Plan Monday!! I’m excited. I love planning meals that are healthy (In recent weeks I’ve selected many recipes from Cooking Light).

Comments