Menu Plan Monday ~ July 11/11

Happy Monday everyone!  Gosh that sounded cheerful didn’t it?  Don’t be fooled I’m not really a huge fan of Mondays, I just pretend I am to make myself feel better :)

So I forgot to tell you about one of my special birthday gifts that made me jump up and down like a little school girl.  Seriously I was so excited.  Some of you might remember a few years ago my husband purchased my first piece of Crazy Daisy serving ware.   I am simply in LOVE with the crazy colorfulness of all those flowers.  Here’s a picture of that first piece, it’s a cake stand (not that you can tell).

Then I got my teapot which I occasionally use as a vase.

And then from a girlfriend, the serving platter.  I promise it’s crazy daisy under all those yummy twice baked potatoes!

I’ve now moved away from my home town where you can purchase this pattern of dishes and I’ve not been able to find them here in Alberta at all.  So imagine my surprise when my girlfriend came to visit and added to my collection with a….CRAZY DAISY APRON!!!

No way!  I had no idea there even was such a thing.  If you know me, you know I love me my aprons and I wear them ALL the time.  Isn’t it pretty?  So happy!!  It’s the little things in life isn’t it? :)

Weekly Resource:

Check out this fabulous menu planning resource on setting up a 30 Meals System.  So great!!

Announcement:

Next week I am going to be away and have asked my friend, the lovely SnoWhite of the Finding Joy in My Kitchen blog to host for me.  SnoWhite is a regular participant of MPM and offers many terrific recipes on her site.  I’ll put up a reminder next week so you don’t get lost but just wanted to give you the heads up in advance.

My Menu Plan:

Monday:  Dinner out!

Tuesday:  Cheesy Beef Tostados

Wednesday:  20 Minute Teriyaki Chicken & Rice

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Quick Homemade Pizza

Saturday:  Summer Spinach Salad and Chicken Pesto Paninis

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Comments

32 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ July 11/11

The Happy Housewife says

Cute! That is such a fun pattern. I absolutely LOVE your teapot vase. That is so clever!

Toni

FoodontheTable says

The apron is adorable! I’m not a fan of Mondays, but the week has to start somehow. Have a great week!

Liz@HoosierHomemade says

Looks like you enjoyed your birthday! Love the apron!
    Thanks for hosting!
    ~Liz

Jackie Lee says

I love your apron ~ that is a fantastic pattern!! The Paninis look really good. Where do you find the right kind of bread?
    I’ve also found, if you don’t have a Panini maker the Foreman Grill works wonderfully! ;)

Wendy @ Celiacs in the House says

That is a fun pattern. I imagine your personality is colorful, upbeat and cute just like it. I’m obsessed with the very basic and primitive Polish pottery. Not sure what that says about me. ;) Have a great week.

Liz@Fresh Plate says

Thank you for hosting yet another great MPM! Love the apron. I have a weakness for aprons. Have a great week.

Liz

Tammy says

I agree! That is a cute & fun pattern!
    Thanks, Laura, for letting me share here since I don’t blog.
    July 10th – Salad & crudités served at lunch & dinner
    Sun. – Grilled chicken, barbecue, burgoo, green beans, corn on the cob, tomato and cucumber salad (family in town until Tues. night-parents brought barbecue & burgoo)
    Mon. – Us –out* (HOD The Melting Pot or a restaurant.com GC for a Japanese restaurant); children with grandparents
    Tues. – Italian Restaurant with family
    Wed. –Oldest son’s choice after doctor’s appt.
    Thurs. – Beef & bean nachos
    Fri. – Spaghetti, cheese bread
    Sat. – TBD
    Lunch – M – Southwestern chicken wraps (using leftover chicken-great Martha Stewart recipe-I omit the jalapenos & red onion for the kids), T –pick up, W – popcorn chicken, peas & carrots, Th – egg salad, F – leftovers
    Snacks – nutella or pb, fruit, dried fruit, yogurt, boiled egg whites, nuts, applesauce, cheese, cookies, popcorn, cottage cheese, crackers, Goldfish crackers
    *We usually go out 1 night a week or so with our children, but since we have grandparents who are in town to watch the kids, we’re going out as a couple. It always feels weird. I feel like I should be helping someone do something or making sure that the kids are “minding” their manners.

Miz Helen says

Hi Laura,
    Looks like you had a great birthday! I love you Crazy Daisy and I would be excited about those goodies as well. Thank you for hosting today and hope you have a wonderful week!
    Miz Helen

Sharon says

YOYO!
    I love that! :) That’s usually what our weekends consist of.
    Happy Belated Birthday!

Ketherian says

Thanks for the great link to the 30-menu system. It’s really gotten me thinking. I think I already have 30-meals (possibly 30-meals per season really) that I gravitate towards; but having them neatly typed up and collected in one easy-to-find place is a great idea — especially when it comes to side dishes to go with the main. I find pairing foods difficult at the best of times (often resorting to a simple mixed green salad).

Tiffany says

That pattern is so happy! I love it!

Bethany says

Think I’m going to try the 20 min chicken stir fry for my stir fry this week yumm!!

Gina says

Love that Crazy Daisy pattern!

Jackie Brown says

You’re like me, you like cooking gifts. Those are my absolute favorite. Happy belated bday, it sounds like it was blessed.

Thanks for hosting Laura! Love the daisy pattern!

Jamie @ thrifty veggie mama says

Thanks for hosting! I am beginning to love aprons too. I think my next sewing project will be an apron.

April says

What a cute apron! Thanks for hosting another week of MPM. :)

Queen of the House says

Thanks for showing off your pretty things! :)
    I need to wear aprons more….my mom ALWAYS did (and still does)! :)

Meyser says

Waw! Love the pattern! And those twice baked potatoes look yummie!!

Susanne says

Oh, lucky you! That is an adorable apron. I’m an apron girl too.

Kathleen says

I love that pattern. It’s so cheerful and happy!

Mrs. Fuzz says

Your menu looks so good this week! I am craving that summer spinach salad now…

Betsy @ Romance on a Dime says

Here is my Menu for this week (I have some of the recipes on my blog):

Dinners

lots of fruit!

Snacks/Desserts
    Homemade popsicles
    Peach Crisp
    No-Bake Energy Bites

Breakfasts
    Homemade Waffles with Homemade Syrup (see recipe below)
    Cereal

Jill of Our Seven Dwarfs says

Hey! I hope that you enjoy my Summer Spinach Salad! Thanks so much for providing the link on your list! It is a winner in our family! Thanks again!

Jill of oursevendwarfs.com