Menu Plan Monday ~ June 6/11 - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ June 6/11

Hello my friends!  I hope you had a terrific weekend.  We enjoyed such a fun family church picnic today.  I feel so blessed and thankful to be a part of such an amazing church here in my new community.  It has made the moving transition a whole lot easier that is for sure :)

For today’s potluck I was to bring a dessert.  I decided on Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars from Taste of Home and they were so yummy (although very fattening but nothing a little sack racing couldn’t burn off..ha!).

So last week I had the Macaroni and Cheese Casserole on the menu and I have to confess that I really had my nose turned up about it while making it.  Something about the lumps of cottage cheese just didn’t appeal to me and I really thought it was going to taste gross.  Well imagine my surprise when it turned out delicious, I totally wasn’t expecting that at all and the entire family really liked it, yay!

Weekly menu planning resources:

File box menu and recipe organization ~ @ Crafty SAHM (love this idea!)

To Plan or Not To Plan…This Is The Question ~ @ Canadian Parents

menu planning
source: Liz

Need more recipe inspiration…check out this great collection of recipe indexes!

Our menu this week:

Monday: Thai Beef Salad with Crispy Noodles (missed from last week)

Tuesday: Memphis Style BBQ Pork Chops served with Red Potato Bundles and grilled veggies

Wednesday: Baked Chicken with Dijon and Lime served with french fries and corn

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Easy and quick Taco Bake Recipe

Saturday: Tortellini Salad

Sunday: YOYO (your on your own)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Comments

33 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ June 6/11”

Yum! Those toffee bars look great! If I hadn’t just started this workout program with dh, I might make them!

Have a great week.

Toni

Oh my goodness, that dessert looks AMAZING! You know you made me click and print, right? Darn it! LOL! Just what I need during bikini season, more fattening foods. Thanks, Laura! LOL!

Rita says:

The bars look wonderful!

The Chocolate Chip Bars look yummy! I ate at PF Changs this past weekend for the first time, the Thai Beef Salad reminds me of there.
    Thanks for hosting Laura! Have a great week!
    ~Liz

OMG, OMG, OMG! I just realized you linked to me.. oh dear, I might need to tell my host to be prepared for some massive traffic today. :-)

I want to hear your opinions on that Taco Bake Recipe. We absolutely love it.

WOW the Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars sound and look amazing!! Thanks for hosting MPM! Have a great week.

April says:

That Baked Chicken with Dijon and Lime sounds delicious, added it to my “Try It” list. Thanks for hosting another week of MPM Laura!

Mary Ann says:

Those bars look awesome! I may have to make those for our Sunday fellowship. That way we won’t eat them all!

Jennifer says:

I love this linky party. It is the only one I seem to consistently do. It really helps keep me on track for dinners which ultimately helps keep me on track for our budget.

Thanks for creating this and hosting it every week.

Tiffany says:

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve had a menu to share. It’s good to be back. Thanks for hosting!

I just want to thank you for doing this every week! It really keeps me in line to ensure I put up my weekly menu, and I love seeing what everyone else is making, too!

Crystal & Co says:

That dessert looks awesome!

Thanks for always hosting!

As usual your menu plan looks fabulous!! And also I love your resources. My menu plan again is sticking at 1300 – 1500 calories a day to keep me moving forward to my goal wieght. Just 6 more pounds to go. Have a great day!

Those bars look awesome! Fattening but worth it, thanks!!

Maria says:

I hope you like the tortellini salad!

Beverly says:

I am going to give those toffee bars a try. I know my kids would love them.

Liz says:

Oh, those bars really do look delicious. This was my first time linking up, and I messed up on my name part (Oops!) but I am so inspired by all you menu-planners. Can’t wait to check out some other menus :D

lylah ledner says:

Laura!!!!! I have been away toooooooo long from your beautiful blog…..it’s awesome!!!! I’m gonna peruse through here to find some ways to add to the organization here at our farm!

xoxo lylah

Martha (MM) says:

Yummy menu this week. I bookmarked a couple of the recipes to try too soon. Thanks for hosting Laura, have a great week! :-)

Love the toffee bars Laura! Have a great week and thanks for hosting :)

Love your YOYO plan!!! :) I think I need to include that in my recipe stash! LOL! :)

Hi! Super excited to be linking up for the first time! <3

Janet says:

The Tortellini Salad looks amazing! Thanks for hosting.

Gina says:

Glad the mac & cheese turned out okay and that everyone liked it. I mix it real well so there aren’t any lumps. The kids love it!

Tiffanee says:

Oh those bars looks amazing!! You menu sounds delicious. Can I come eat at your house this week??

Sabrina says:

I love that you are promoting making menu planning. I love the photo of your grocery list. Too many people do not do this. It is so important these days to eat right and you are doing a great job at showing people how. Thanks.

Tara V says:

those bars look so yummy!
    thanks again for hosting!

Julieann says:

Hi Laura!

I just wanted to say, I really love your blog:)

Thank you for always hosting the Menu Plan Mondays. I may not always play, but I so enjoy looking at everyones menus and getting such wonderful ideas.

I will have to try the cottage cheese in my mac n cheese, too.

Happy Tuesday.

Julieann

Kimberlly says:

I have a question. I’ve been doing menu planning since January — I finally found a system that works for me. But I have one problem. I plan a week at a time (maybe I should plan two weeks or up to a month?) but I always wait until the last minute to find recipes. Literally, 5 minutes before I leave for the grocery store I am trying to print my grocery list, and usually cursing myself for not remembering to buy ink for the printer (again).

I’m getting really tired of waiting till the last minute, but with a move coming up, and a needy 9 month old (my 5 year old is easy peasy) I have a hard time sitting down and going through allllll my recipes that I have, or alllll my cookbooks or alllll the websites just to find 5-6 recipes for the week. Is there any way to avoid doing this? Menu planning is a stressful time of the week for me. I like to try to make at least 3 new things each week, if not more, though I do have a couple of ‘go-to’ recipes that we all love.

Any tips on how to make my menu planning easier?

Shaunta' says:

I see you have to be fast to link up. I thought I was ahead of the game since I was going to post today. Hopefully, I’ll do better next week. Nevertheless, here’s my plan for the week.

Brooke says:

I LOVE your site! All of the organizing ideas get me inspired..my closets are thanking you!
    Better luck next week on my timing:

Here’s my menu though: