Menu Plan Monday ~ May 16/11

As I type this (Sunday night) I can’t stop reading the devastating coverage about a town in my province not far from where I live that is literally burning to the ground from out of control wild fires.  It’s absolutely devastating.  The entire town (of approx 7000 I believe) was ordered to evacuate and I am praying they all made it out to safety.  Will you join me in praying for these families and of course for the rain to come.

So hard to concentrate on anything else right now but I do have a few resource links I wanted to share with you to help in your menu planning endeavors.

Resources:

Last week I had a few grilling recipes on the menu (both the chicken and the kabobs were delicious) and I can’t tell you how great it was to eat bbq again.  Yum!  I recently found this free grilling recipe book printable over at Design Finch I wanted to share with you.  Enjoy!

Very cute free menu planner and grocery list printable.

Another fun menu planner board tutorial this time using a cookie sheet.

My menu:

Monday: Tortellini Marinara

Tuesday: Asian-Style Baby Back Ribs served with baked potatoes

Wednesday: Barbecued Flank Steak with Grilled Veggies

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Bruschetta Chicken served with perogies and veggies

Saturday: Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Simple Supper Sunday

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu plan guidelines and banner selections are here.

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

29 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ May 16/11

Kelli @ 3 Boys and a Dog says

My prayers are with them, Laura! I live in Alabama and now that the tornadoes are gone, the river is flooding! Crazy times, crazy times!

Lynn says

I am so sorry about the wildfires. It is so hard to watch something like that happen. I hope everyone keeps safe.

The Happy Housewife says

Laura,
    I’m so sorry to hear about the town! That is terrible. No wonder you can’t think about other things right now. I’l be praying!

Toni

April says

My heart and prayers go out to those who are affected by the wildfires. I hope your not in the fires way!

Crftysahm says

The fires are terrible. Our home towns in Texas and New Mexico are having wild fires as well. Miles and miles of them.

I love your blog. What time do you usually open up the MPM for posting the links? I gave up last night a little before midnight PST.

Kristi says

Sending prayers to those affected by the wildfires. How very scary!

Martha (MM) says

The closer to home the more scary disasters like that are. Sending thoughts and prayers for those affected.
    Menu all linked up for this week. Thanks for hosting Laura.

Wendy @ Celiacs in the House says

So many communities and families affected by weather and wildfires this year. They are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Tammy @ Skinny Mom's Kitchen says

I agree I am so happy to be grilling again..even though it is FREEZING again this week! I am trying to lose my last 9 pounds (lost 1.5lbs last week) to reach my goal weight so my menu plan is kept at 1500 calories a day for a slow and steady weight loss. I have some new dishes and lots of wraps this week. Hope you like it ;)

Thanks for the resources you provide every week they are always super helpful!

Rita says

I love love love bruschetta chicken. I’ll have to put that on our menu for next week. As always, thanks for hosting.

Gina says

So sorry to hear that!

Lindsey says

Oh my goodness, I hope everybody made it out of the path of the wildfires safely. Your menu plan sounds yummy. Chocolate chip pancakes are calling my name at the moment :-)

Crystal & Co says

We had some massvie grass fires here in Texas during April. They lasted for weeks. Destroyed many homes and a lot of land. Such a sad situation.

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage says

Oh my goodness, SO very sorry to hear about those wildfires! How sad- I can’t imagine losing our house. Said a prayer for those families right away…

Mary Jane says

Hi Laura I would like you to comment on bbg or grilling. Do you have a gas bbq or do you use a charcoal bbq? I would like your advice on which one you have. I would like to mention I purchased the savvycents wallet. I am very pleased with the quality.

Janet says

My prayers are with the families impacted by these fires. I totally understand how hard it is to concentrate at this time. I was the same way when the tornadoes went through Alabama destroying my hometown and the town where my sister lives among others. And now with all the flooding too, there are just a lot of people hurting and in great need. Remembering them all in my prayers.

Miranda says

Thank you so much for asking people to pray. You probably live closer to there than I do, but it’s extremely scary. We live about 6 hours away and I also want to implore people to pray – this is so very scary!

Emma Hobes says

Prayers go a long way. I hope the people affected with this tragedy will have the support and help they need to be able to get back on their lives. My heart goes out to them.

Diane says

I’m so sorry to read about another tragedy. I hope it has resolved by now. Thinking of you and your neighbors.

Lulu says

Not linking up this week but just kind of discovered your blog (although I think I have been here before!)- I wrote my menu plan for this week on my blog today (Tuesday in Japan) and some friends liked it and I said that I thought someone did a Monday menu plan blog meme- a couple of hope to join in from next week and I will link up to your site so others can come here if they like to also link up!

Off to check some of your recipes now!

ps:

Sorry to hear about the tragedy in your province! It has been one thing after another lately…..my hometown, Brisbane, Queenland flooded in the new year, NZ had a large earthquake (my mum is a kiwi) and then on Mar 11th we had our own tragedy here in Japan- thankfully myself and family and my friends were all okay but sadly many were not. I hope everyone made it out safely and that the rain comes soon or that they get the blaze under control.

Kristi Schneider says

Great recipes…I plan on trying a few of them. I personally cannot plan a weekly menu. I just make sure I have plenty frozen veges, garlic, onions, spices, chicken broth, beef broth, rice, pasta, meats and various beans ready to go. I enjoy cooking creatively…whatever strikes my mood.

Shayla @ Design Finch says

Thanks so much for linking to the grilling recipes on my blog! I’m so happy that it’s finally grilling season again!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to all those affected by the wildfires.

Mercy says

So so late in linking up, had no internet access this week. All linked up now, lots of yummy recipes, so drop by and say hi.

Comments