Menu Plan Monday ~ Dec 20th Christmas Menu! - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ Dec 20th Christmas Menu!

Hey girlfriends!  I hope you are enjoying the holidays.  We are having a wonderful visit with my parents but it’s always amazing to me how fast time flies when you are having fun :)

If you didn’t get a chance to see it, I posted yesterday about the holiday menu planner that I use and included the free printable for you as well.  Be sure to check it out!

I’ve been a baking machine these past couple of days and I wanted to share the recipe links with you because these are all very simple and quick holiday recipes.  Easy, easy!

Mini Cherry Cheesecakes (crowd favorite!)

Butter Tarts

Peppermint Bark (one of my favorites!)

I love packaging these up for gifts

Finally I made some Chocolate Pretzel Bites…delicious!

I later saw this adorable video showcasing this same recipe over at Raising Homemakers.  How cute is this:

Gosh what a sweetheart!

So there you have it, easy and simple recipes for your holiday enjoyment!  Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!!

Here’s what we’ll be eating this week:

Monday: Pepperoni Pizza Pie

Tuesday: Cheesy Ham & Pasta Bake

Wednesday: Chicken Caesar Wraps

Thursday: Dinner out at friends…I’ll be bringing White Chocolate-Raspberry Cheesecake Bars (yum!)

Friday: Santa Pancakes…too cute :)

Saturday: Merry Christmas!  Land of Nod Cinnamon Buns for breakfast, Turkey, Slow-Cooked Sausage Dressing, Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes, Golden Honey Pan Rolls, Creamy Vegetable Casserole, Frosty Peppermint Dessert

Sunday: Next Day Turkey Soup

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Don’t forget to enter to win a copy of my newly released book, Clutter Rehab: 101 Tips & Tricks to Become an Organization Junkie & Love It!

Comments

32 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ Dec 20th Christmas Menu!”

Love the pretzel bites with M&Ms. They are so cute. Thank you for the holiday meal plan resources. We’re going to be doing a lot of cooking!

Great plan! I love all your candies and treats! I am baking this Thursday and I might have to add the peppermint bark to the list. Looks good!
    Toni

Oh Laura! Putting that mess on that cheese cake ruins a perfectly good cheesecake. LOL! ;-)

Rita says:

Peppermint bark is so good – reminds me of peppermint ice-cream. Your pictures make everything look wonderful. Have a great Christmas!

I haven’t made those Cherry Cheesecakes in years, I might just have to add those to my list!
    Thanks for hosting Laura!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    ~Liz

I love that you always seem to feature a food item that I’ve never seen before. This week it’s butter tarts and they look good…but not for my diet!

Happy Holidays :)

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Melissa

Yum! I love the Santa pancakes idea!

Lynn says:

That frosty peppermint dessert looks so good and easy! I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

SnoWhite says:

Looks like a great week, Laura! I love seeing what other folks are making for Christmas — and many of the recipes you’ve listed are tempting me :)

Have a blessed and merry Christmas!

Miz Helen says:

Hi Laura,
    Your menu for the week looks very good and I would love one of those Butter Tarts. Thank you for sharing and hosting us today, Merry Christmas!

Kristina says:

You’re food looks really good. I have a friend who always makes the choc pretzels and now I will know how to do it also. Thanks!

Everything looks beautiful!

Merry Christmas!

Have a yummy Christmas:-)

Christy says:

Hi Laura,
    I’m having trouble with the link again :( Here’s my plan: http://organicprincess.blogspot.com/2010/12/menu-plan-monday.html

I am hoping to get some baking done this week. The tarts and cheesecakes look delicious!

Christine says:

Merry Christmas! This is my first time participating, so I’d like to say thank you for setting this up and I’m really looking forward to checking out lots of recipes and ideas. Those butter tarts look like they’ll be first on my “to try” list.

Stephanie says:

Thank you for sharing your menu and Christmas week plan. My family and I were just talking about what we should have for our meal (they wanted Thanksgiving..I said ‘no way’! We need to mix it up a little for Christmas). We did decide to have turkey, gravy,noodles and mashed potatoes, creamy broccoli & cauliflower, and fruit salad.

For breakfast my husband and I usually make bacon and Belgium waffles (homemade).

Cindy says:

Those Santa pancakes are too cute. I may make these for Christmas Eve dinner. Hope you and your family have a terrific Christmas and thanks again for hosting MPM!!

Michele says:

Because I am on xanga I can’t post my meal plan but you can check it out here:

The Mommy says:

Thanks for the great ideas! I will be adding Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes this year, I think! My tip for cutting potatoes: Peel if necessary and then run through a french fry cutter before cutting. Makes the pieces beautifully uniform!

Merry Christmas!

Love the peppermint dessert, I might be trying this one! Also, going to try your honey buns, they look wonderful! Thanks for the links. Merry Christmas.

The pretzel bites are adorable! My FIRST menu plan Monday! Can’t wait to be a regular and check out everyone else’s menus and recipes! :)

Megan says:

Thanks for always sharing such great and practical recipes! I was wondering if you thought the mini cheesecakes would freeze well?

tamara says:

Thanks for the treats at the start of your post. I will testing some of them tomorrow with my children. I wonder if we do pretzils here in New Zealand.

Anyway thank you for helping me stay sane all year. I have had some inspired and less inspired weeks but this week definitly is one of my inspired moments. Perhaps that is because I am on holiday and summer is making us all happy.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Jenean says:

Those pretzel bites look delish!!! Will definitely be trying that recipe this week. Thanks for sharing!

Shaylin says:

I am planning on making the white chocolate raspberry cheesecake bars, but I got white chocolate chips instead…..any suggestion on how much to use? Or how much a square of white chocolate =? I am so excited to try that recipe! Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe.

Lara says:

I’m glad you enjoyed the pretzel bites! Thanks for the shout-out!
    Have a wonderful week!