The Ultimate Collection of Moving Tips!

Over the last couple of weeks I’ve found several terrific moving posts from around blogland that have been helpful and I wanted to compile them here for anyone else in the midst of moving.

The Ultimate Collection of Moving Tips at I'm an Organizing Junkie blog

10 Best Shortcuts to Get Your House Ready for a Move ~ @ Buttoned Up

Free Moving Label Kit ~ @ World Label

Moving as Sanctification Part One and Part Two and Part Three ~ @ Extravagant Grace

An Essential Checklist for Moving into a New Home ~ @ Simple Mom

The Bullet List {Moving Tips} ~ @ The Mother Huddle

Professional Organizer Moving Tips ~ @ Organize Right Now

The Start-to-Finish Guide for Moving to a New Place ~ @ Lifehacker

A Successful Move ~ @ Unclutterer

The Ultimate Moving Checklist for Families ~ @ Frugal Mama

Awesome Printable Moving Checklist and Planner ~ @ Squawkfox

Is It Possible To Feel Organized While Moving? – 6 Tips to Help ~ @ Org Junkie (guest blogger)

Podcast ~ Preparing Your Home for Sale ~ @ The Organized Woman Show

I just love these fun free printable Change of Address Postcards and Free Moving Cards ~ @ Executive Homemaker

Free moving label printables ~ @ Martha Stewart

A moving tip that made life so much easier ~ @ Org Junkie

Packing Labels – Free Download ~ @ The Project Girl

Professional Organizer’s Blog Carnival ~ Moving Edition Part One and Part Two

Useful Moving Tips and a Packing Plan ~ @ It’s Overflowing

If you know of any great moving links I’ve missed, please feel free to leave the link in the comments for us.  Thanks!

Filed under: Link Love, Moving
The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

30 Responses to The Ultimate Collection of Moving Tips!

Alicia's Homemaking says

I shared my top ten ways to move smoothly and economically not long ago (we moved 2 months ago!).

Thanks Alicia, that’s terrific!

Destri says

Thanks so much for including my list! I will look forward to yours, I still have one more move ahead of me!

Amy says

Hi Laura,

So nice to be included here! I’m glad you found my moving checklist for families to be useful.

p.s. I’m addicted to organizing too!

Take care,
    Amy

Stacey says

Let me just say how thankful I am that I found this post today. We just sold our house…but have yet to find a new one. So, needless to say I am feeling overwhelmed by the idea of moving, and starting school next week (I’m a teacher). Thanks again!

Erin Gallagher says

Laura,
    I’ve been following your blog for the past year, and I cannot begin to express my happiness at seeing the “Ultimate Moving Tips” post on my Google reader yesterday morning. I will soon be making my first out-of-town move to Jacksonville, Florida (entirely by myself), and have been sleepless with stress and anxiety. Reading these fantastic tips and advice from others who have also experienced this stress is such a comfort. This could not have come at a better time. I thank you so much, and I continue to be a loyal reader!

Lea Schneider says

Hey Laura-
    Thanks for linking to my site and ultimately to Bonnie Dewkett’s great book! She is a relocation expert.

If anyone needs some one-on-one professional organizer help planning their move and working on what to keep and what to get rid of, we do offer that service on my website. Just wanted to let you all know in case that was helpful.

Happy Organizing,
    Lea

Isabella says

this is a great list!! Thank you!!

HOwever, this link doesn’t want to work: 10 Best Shortcuts to Get Your House Ready for a Move ~ @ Buttoned Up

Find self storage says

Your site was great with interesting resources. Those thoughts about self storage is a huge help to anyone! keep sharing your ideas!
    JK

Laura K says

Oh I will be coming back to this for reference when I start packing!

washington dc movers says

You’ve provided very useful and great tips for moving. Thank you very much.

Nichole P Bell

moving reston va says

The tips you’ve given is very useful for individual and companies as well.

Dawn says

I can’t tell you how much this means to me. I had decided that for this move (first inter-state move on my own) I would be sooo organized. I found myself lacking in many areas; especially labels.
    You’ve helped me so much, and my unorganized, attention deficit brain thanks you so much.

Sarah says

Hi!

I just love your blog, which I discovered after I bought your book! This post is exactly what I needed now that we’re moving and I’m pregnant with my first baby so I’m finding this entirely overwhelming! I did just want to add this little link to what I think are the BEST labels for your packing boxes! They’re really clear, and they even have blank ones so you can put your own room names on them if you need.
    Thanks!
    Sarah

Brooke Sperry says

Thanks for taking the time to gather these resources. I’ve been trying to put together tools for my moving customers on my Moving Tips Blog which has been a time consuming process, to say the least! Your blog has been a great help to me and it will be helpful to my customers too.

Dianna says

I’m loving this list! No matter how many times you move you can always pick up new tips. So here’s my big tip keep the extra car/truck keys handy! I drove my husbands truck (which I never do) to the store and locked my purse, phone, keys AND toddler in the truck! Husband had to dig through boxes to find the extra keys. Thankfully it was a cool morning and he found them quickly but I could see myself having to break the window if it had been summer. On a side note my little guy never got upset but I’m sure I was a sight making faces and talking to the truck while I was waiting.

movers baltimore md says

I’m not sure where you are getting your info,
    but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning
    more or understanding more. Thanks for fantastic information
    I was looking for this info for my mission.

Jenna says

If anyone is moving, you should check out Updater (www.updater.com)! It provides change of location services all in one place, from filling out your change of address forms to notifying the businesses that you care most about — minus all the headaches and paperwork of moving. I’d suggest it to anyone, especially since it’s free and only takes 5 minutes of your time.

Daisy says

I really hate moving out because of all the difficulties of packing especially when you have lots of stuffs that need to be packed. The worse thing is it does not end there. You certainly have to unpack your things after you have moved in, which is another of my hated parts of relocating or moving in. so, thank you for all these tips you have shared. These are really very helpful.

Comments