Menu Plan Monday ~ Aug 16th

Hey there!  I had so much fun spending a couple of hours this past weekend going through last week’s MPM links while watching Glee on my computer at the same time (I’m working my way through the first season of the show and I like it only I can’t figure out why LOL).   Anyway I found some delicious recipes that I can’t wait to try.  Thanks ladies!

The sad part for me though about going through the list was the number of entries NOT linking to any kind of menu plan (just looking for free advertising I guess).  That is not nice and it really makes me loopy.  Please don’t waste anyone’s time doing that.  Your links will be deleted if I catch it and if someone else catches it please let me know if you don’t mind so I can take care of it.  It’s just not fair to everyone else that is playing nicely.

Last week’s recipe highlight definitely goes to the Skillet Tacos and not just because Lynn posted the recipe on my blog :)  Really this recipe was delicious and easy and even my picky eater ate it right up which never happens!  You’ve got to try it!

Two menu planning resources for ya this week:

Top 10 Grocery Store Savings Tips ~ @ The Creative Mama

Wipe Off Weekly Menu Board ~ @ Makes and Takes

Here’s what we’ll be eating around here this week:

Monday: Strawberry Salad with Mozzarella Pesto Grilled Cheese (found through Frugal Granola)

Tuesday: Pizza Roll Up Burritos (found through Starting Over At 40)

Wednesday: Dinner out (yay!)

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Inside-Out Lasagna (found through Following in my Shoes)

Saturday: Minestrone Soup with Bread Machine Garlic Bread

Sunday: Sherry’s Aussie Chicken (found through Homemaking Joyfully)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

57 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ Aug 16th

The Happy Housewife says

I LOVE Glee. Erin from $5 Dinners got me hooked on that show, and I too cannot figure out why I watch it, but I do!
    Can’t wait to for season 2, although I still am catching up on season 1. :)
    Toni

Rita says

I’m off to check out skillet tacos. We’re focusing on Mexican this week. Have a great week!

Liz@HoosierHomemade says

My DH actually watches Glee, I “hear” while working in my office. The strawberry salad sounds yummy! Thanks so much for hosting!
    ~Liz

Phoebe @ GettingFreedom says

I’ve never watched Glee before, but will all the talk about it, I just might have to check it out.

Off to check out the Strawberry Salad and Mozzarella Pesto Grilled Cheese. My mouth is already watering. :)

Lynn says

I am so glad that you liked the skillet tacos. I need to put that on my plan again soon because my family loves them too. Your plan for this week looks great.

Laura @ Homemaking Joyfully says

Those skillet tacos do look wonderful. Bookmarking for sure!

Also, thanks for the link love – that Aussie chicken is delicious!

Tiffany says

Glee – I love it, but I keep thinking I should give it up :-) It’s just delightfully cheesy.

That about sums it up LOL!

Elizabeth says

You’re watching it online? I looked and couldn’t find Season 1 online. Everybody’s talking about this show so I feel like I have to watch it!!! LOL! But I’m one of those that likes to watchin in order. :)

MomsManyProjects says

Bookmarked the Inside-Out Lasagna to try later! Now it’s time to check out everyone’s weekly menus!

Julie says

You probably love GLEE because it imitates life. I mean really, don’t you burst into song as you walk through the grocery store or are organizing your closets? :)

Well maybe not the grocery store but definitely while I’m organizing LOL!

Laura Jane says

Inside-out lasagna? Yes please!

Thanks for the great meal ideas. I’m always finding something new on your site! =)

Queen of the House says

Checking out the Pizza Rollup Burritos! I think my boys would love them for a snack even!
    Thanks for hosting again this week! :)

Elizabeth L. says

I LOVE Glee! I was in show choir in high school, and although Glee is nothing like what my show choir was like, it brings back really great memories.

Plus I like to imagine a world where we all break into song and perfect choreography at random times during the day. :)

Hahahaha…that must be it…I typically break out into song throughout the day…only problem is I can’t sing LOL. Drives my kids crazy which makes me just want to do it more :)

Sheena says

The mozzarella pesto grilled cheese looks delicious. I want to try it!

Kristie says

Awesome recipes. Any good websites for good/easy crock pot recipes? With kids going back to school and oldest going into kindergarten I need to incorporate something easy but good!
    Thanks!

Suzanne says

You should definitely check out Stephanie O’Dea’s website – crockpot365.blogspot.com. She cooks gluten-free, but most of the recipes could be done the “normal” way, too, for those who don’t need to eat gluten-free. Her recipes are fabulous and fairly easy!

• 17.1.1
        Kristie says

Thanks, I added her website to my favorites!

s says

I absolutely LOVE glee but when I try explain the show to other folks, I end up speechless – do I really like some show where they spontaneously break into showtunes? But I’m telling you, the episode that they broke out into the song/dance at the mall for “You can Dance if you want to” from back in the 80’s had to completely on the floor laughing – it was just too hysterical for words (my husband seriously thought I had lost my mind). Anyways, love your meal plans – the links are often overwhelming for me, so I love when you share the “best of”. I also sometimes will just randomly select one and look each week, and I really hate it when its not a meal plan…so glad you will delete those!

Sherry says

Oooh, I hope you enjoy the Aussie Chicken! We love it! :D

Thank you for hosting!

Alea says

The Inside Out Lasagna sounds great. Off to check out the details…

Melissa says

Thanks as always for the linky. Sorry that some people don’t do direct links. That stinks and people should respect the linky! ;)

I’m not worried about those that don’t leave direct links but rather those that aren’t menu planning at all and just looking for free advertising.

debi9kids says

Well, I totally forgot to even link up last week, so I know it wasn’t me ;) LOL
    That skillet taco recipe sounds yummy. Going to have to try it. Mmmmm

Hi Debi, I’m not referring to those who don’t link directly to their menu plan but to those that don’t link to any type of menu plan at all. Usually someone looking for some free advertising. So rude!

cindy says

The pizza roll up burritos sounds yummy!!! I am checking out everyone menus lots of good stuff out there!!

Scrumptious says

I love Glee, too, but am similarly baffled as to why. I’ve decided just to go with the flow and enjoy it. :)

Your menu is phenomenal this week, especially strawberry salad with mozarella pesto grilled cheese. And pizza roll up burritos – wow! And inside-out lasagna! It’s the kind of menu that makes me sigh a little over being vegan and gluten-free.

Thanks as always for hosting! I didn’t know people link here to posts that don’t include menu plans! How crummy! Sorry you have to “police” that – what a drag.

I do love my cheese that is for sure LOL.

Yes some people unfortunately are linking up just to get links back to their site as a free form of advertising…blech.

Emily/Miss Mommy says

Hi! A couple of us have started a Glee Club over here in Scotland…that might sound like we sing and choreograph off the tops of our heads, but what I really mean is that we veg out and watch the show. It’s great fun!

Michele says

For some reason my MPM is not showing? Anyone else having trouble?

Lisa @ Simplified Saving says

Do any of you have good ideas for meals that I could take with us to all the games and events we have this week? I nearly had a nervous break down when I sat down with the calendar last night to do our meal plan! I really don’t want to do PB & J or bologna sandwiches every night. I figured you may have some good ideas for me!

I may try the Burrito Pizza Rolls this week. Cold pizza seems to work, so maybe cold pizza rolls will work too!

Thanks in advance!

Lisa

Welcome to MPM!

Michele @ Frugal Granola says

Thanks for the link! :) We made the pesto with the overgrown herbs in our garden. It was delicious.

For some reason, I’m thinking I may have actually found that recipe link from you originally, but I’m not sure… :)

Blessings,
    Michele

LOL, yes you may be right. It seemed familiar to me and I was so happy to be reminded of it :)

Ashley @ Just Another Mom of 2 says

I have become addicted to Glee myself! I got started with the Madonna episode, and have been hooked ever since. I first thought it was kind of strange when it came out, but now I can’t miss it :)

Thanks for providing this great linkup. I spend a few hours every Monday night going through these links and searching out recipes!

a soldiers wife says

I’m looking forward to getting back into menu planning now that fall is around the corner.

Camille says

LOVE the new linky!! So fun! I haven’t been menu planning since May so I just got back in the loop and just love that new feature.

Birdie says

I tried menu planning while I was pregnant and it didn’t work out too well. This is my first time back in probably six months and I love the little thumbnails! Thanks for such a great idea, it is just the encouragement I need to cook and *not* eat out all the time!

<3 Birdie

Megan says

THANKS for the frugal granola link – I can’t wait to explore! Hope you enjoy your week.

Angela says

I’ve made the Aussie Chicken and we LOVE it. The mozzarella pesto grilled cheese sounds delicious too!!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy says

I haven’t been posting my menu plans here but I’ve been tempted to. I plan every week what I am going to make but don’t often post the actual recipes on my blog right away.

Thank you for trying the Pizza Roll Up Burritos. They are delicious and seem to be one of the most popular recipes. I hope you enjoy them!! Thanks!!

They were delicious, thank you!!

lori says

I had no idea so many people actually plan a whole weeks menu. I start my dinner menu at 4:30 on the ride home from work. I thought I was doing good. Let’s see tomorrow……fish something, yeah! I’m so super organized now. Enjoy my crawfish bread recipe folks.

Darla says

I have a question, are the monday meal plan graphics available? I do not want to “lift” it without permission.

Hi Darla, yes you can absolutely use any of the MPM banners you see on this page:

There are a lot to choose from so I hope you find something you like there :)

Comments