Menu Plan Monday ~ May 24th - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ May 24th

And another week goes by, just like that.  I hope you all had a most excellent weekend.  Today is a holiday for us (Victoria Day) so we have one more day off….yay!  No special plans but that’s what I love about it :)

Last weeks menu highlight is being awarded to two of the recipes I tried because they were both so delicious.  The Have-It-Your-Way Tacos and the Special Spinach Salad were terrific and I am recommending both recipes :)

The other day when I was blog cruising I found this awesome tutorial on how to make the cutest Meal Planner Menu Board.  If you are the crafty type you will definitely want to check it out.  It would also make a terrific gift idea as well.

Here’s whats on our menu this week, another keeping it super simple edition:

Monday: Thai Beef Salad with Crispy Noodles (missed from last week)

Tuesday: Salmon Quesadillas

Wednesday: BBQ Chicken and Cheddar Sandwiches

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Make your own Pita Bread Pizzas

Saturday: Spinach Salad with Tortellini, Dried Cranberries, Almonds and Feta

Sunday: Church potluck ~ Bread Bowl Seafood Dip

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Comments

42 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ May 24th”
    Christi says:

Oooh, those Have it Your Way Tacos DO sound really good! I love finding new recipes to try!

Alicia says:

#9! THat’s definitely the best I’ve done so far! Hahaha. :) Um, that bread bowl looks amazing!

We do pita bread pizzas a lot, as well as French bread pizzas, English muffin pizzas, tortilla pizzas… I guess we like pizza at our house, lol. Heading over to check out your salmon quesadillas- we love salmon too!

Sheena says:

Pita bread pizza sounds yummy!

You are right! Time is just flying by…it’s just crazy!
    Thanks so much for hosting another great MPM!
    ~Liz

Kerri says:

I made the Hoison Pork last night! It was so good!
    I also made the Spinach Basil Quesadillas in the middle of the week…..also very very yummy.
    Have a great week!

The spinach salad looks great. I’ve never had it with tortellini. I will definitely have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

Charla says:

We love salmon in our house but have never tried it in quesadillas before!

Bibi says:

The Salmon quesadillas sounds really good. Maybe that’s the way to get my kids eat salmon.
    I love making pita pizzas. It’s so quick and delicious.

Char says:

I want to try that Thai salad – it sounds awesome.

Have a great week.

Char

Tifani says:

As usual, your church potluck recipe tempts me most of all. I have an amazing crawfish dip that we thin out to use as a pasta sauce. Maybe I need to post that one next week.

Enjoy your holiday. There’s nothing better than relaxing on a day off with no plans.

Have a delicious week:-)

This is my first MPM!! Thank you for the inspiration to be a little more organized!!! :)

Theresa says:

I am new here and just posted my weekly dinner menu. I wanted to include my recipes but wasn’t sure of the best way to do that. Do I just include them in my post? I noticed most are linked. Thanks.

Maranda says:

My first week linking up. Looking forward to checking out some menus for inspiration!

Charity says:

Thanks for putting up my menu board! Now I have found your cool blog!

Julie says:

Not very exciting this week for suppers but should be a little more interesting food by the weekend. Thanks for hosting MPM!

Sherry says:

I love doing dips in bread bowls! :D They are so much fun! :D

Thank you for hosting this each week! :D

We love salmon quesadillas! I made something similar for Christmas Eve dinner. I was looking to use salmon in a way that I could “stretch” it a bit. I didn’t cook the salmon in advance, as in your recipe, I just spread cream cheese, scattered smoked salmon, and added fresh dill. Put the second tortilla on top then cook. This was a HIT and my kids keep asking me when we’re having this again! Thanks for the reminder, I may surprise them with this when school is out.

Thanks for some more menu ideas for spinach — I have a lot growing in my garden, so I’ll be needing them soon!

Kristin says:

Joining the hop again for my second week! Wondering when you put your link up? Is it the same time every week? I always check first thing Monday, but then by the time I see it, there are already 150 linkers!

Tara V says:

everything looks fantastic!

Taunya says:

Joined it again! Thank you Laura, I always find some gret recipes here!

What an awesome idea! I’ve joined in and added my menu plan to your linky :) I also linked to you in my post. Thanks for such a wonderful idea!

Christy says:

I will have to check out the pita pizzas!

Laura
    Thanks for a new taco recipe(and a helpful new site) and that Thai Beef Salad sounds great. Have a beautiful week.
    Wendy

Jen says:

This is my first one posting in awhile. Hopefully it will help us stick to the plan better!

Gudrun says:

Cold weather planned for this week, even though we live in the west coast! I get to pull out a couple favorite winter recipes….

Scrumptious says:

Back in the swing of things after two weeks away from planning. I’m losing steam a bit, but hopefully checking out other people’s menus will get me inspired again! Thanks, as always, for being the hostess with the mostess!

dddiva says:

Everything sounds wonderful, as usual.

That is a cute menu planner board…I’m way too messy to keep something like that looking nice. I’ll have to stick with my printouts :)

Ashley says:

Love, love, love this! Thank you so much for organizing MPM.

Melody says:

I’m glad you reposted the Thai Beef recipe because I’d already forgotten about it and want to try it sometime. :) Thanks for organizing this, I’ve come across some great blogs!

The quesadillas look delicious. How’s the seafood thing going w/ the family? Are you finding a lot of new seafood recipes that please the troops?

Jamie says:

That bread bowl and veggie plate looks AWESOME.

mrs spock says:

We’re doing Have-It-Your-Way tacos this week too- thanks for the idea!

Dee says:

Very COOL online software there for making up a menu plan!!

I feel super-inspired by those salmon quesadillas… such a simple thing, yet we NEVER eat them. Looking forward to it this week – thanks!
    ~ Greetings from IComLeavWe (International Comment Leaving Week) #115!!!

Elizabeth says:

I had planned to make Soft Tacos this week until I saw the recipe for Enchilada Lasagna in the June/July issue of TOH. I switched to that instead, and boy am I ever glad I did! It was So Yummy and my Family Loved it! :) I am going to post the recipe on my blog today.

I’m also looking forward to trying the TOH recipe for Poppyseed Chicken Salad this week. I have a feeling it is going to be more of a girl recipe! Don’t think it will quite fill up my BIG BOYS, so I added baked potatoes to the menu. Any other idea for what I could add to a main dish salad to fill up man sized bellies??? :)

Cindy says:

We call it “Leftover Roundup.” :) It sounds like an amusement park.

Lara says:

Hope you enjoy the BBQ chicken and cheddar sandwiches and thanks for the all the traffic coming my way. :) Love your blog!

Totally forgot to add this on Monday. Sorry! We went to Disneyland.

Comments