Menu Plan Monday ~ April 26th

Well we made it through an amazingly busy week of piano festival.  My daughter did really well and I’m just so proud of her.  How cute is it that her nails matched the piano :)

I’m so thankful we planned an easy menu last week, everything went really smoothly and I must tell you that my recipe highlight goes to the Mozzarella Pesto Grilled Cheese.  YUM!

Plan your menu, see the difference!!

So this week on my menu I’ve got:

Monday: Enchilada Casserole (family favorite!)

Tuesday: Pesto Chicken served with baked potatoes and veggies

Wednesday: Cheesy Ham and Pasta Bake

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Homemade pizza in less than 30 minutes

Saturday: Whole Wheat Cinnamon Waffles (you’ll need to scroll down on link for recipe)

Sunday: Church Potluck ~  Oriental Salad

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

There are still some very cute Flirty Aprons left to be had for only $20.00.  Click here for more info and coupon code.  Don’t miss out!

Comments

84 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ April 26th

Shannan says

Love, Love, Love the nails!

The Happy Housewife says

We make a similar enchilada casserole, but we call it Mexican lasagna, it is a favorite around here as well!
    Have a great week!
    Toni

Sheena says

I am interested in trying the homemade pizza in less than 30 minutes. That sounds like something I could pull off on a week day.

Christi says

Your daughter’s nails are ADORABLE! It makes me want to get a pedicure. :)

We have an enchilada casserole that’s a family favorite too. Do y’all eat a lot of Mexican/Tex-Mex like we do?

Oh yes I love Mexican!

Char says

I am going to put the Enchilada Casserole on my list very soon!! Sounds so yummy.

Since I did a full months worth of menu planning in one day last week, getting my menu ready this week was a breeze!!

Have a great week.

Liz@HoosierHomemade says

Thanks so much for hosting! We had Cheesy Pasta & Ham last week. I prepared and cooked a week’s worth of meals, it turned out really well and our dinners were a breeze. Funny that you have that on your menu this week.
    The Enchilada Casserole sounds yummy!
    -Liz

Marjorie says

So glad I started participating in MPM. It makes my week so much easier when I plan ahead. And I’m learning tricks and shortcuts along the way that make preparing dinner a breeze. Love it!

That’s what I like to hear Marjorie, very cool!!

Bibi says

The nails look so cute.

Great menu again. Love the Pesto Chicken recipe. I have to try it sometimes.

Alicia says

Enchilada casserole..yum!

Alicia says

By the way….I am always AMAZED at how fast people link up to this!!! How do they do it so fast???

I can never believe either LOL

Tifani says

I sure wish we had some church potlucks to attend. I miss those so much!

I absolutely love potlucks and not potlucks where everyone plans what they are bringing. I love a good ole fashion potluck where you just show up with something. It’s so fun to see what everyone brings. We do a church potluck every week and RARELY do we ever have doubles.

• 11.1.1
        Charla @ Healthy Home Blog says

That’s cool that y’all have a church potluck every week. I think people get to fellowship more at a potluck besides having some of the best tasting food around! :)

Rachel says

Going to check that enchilada casserole out now. :) Looks like a yummy week ahead for your family!

Charla @ Healthy Home Blog says

Sorry my link was entered more than once. I had to be at work early and had family members enter it for me. They were very helpful but accidentally entered it more than one time.

Julie says

Congrats on doing well in the piano festival. My daughter also played in a piano rally this week (her first one). Tis the season for lots and lots of rehearsals, productions, and recitals that call for quick & easy meals. :)

Elizabeth L. says

I have been forgetting to link up the past few weeks, but I remembered this week! Hope everyone has a fabulous week full of good food!

Just a granny says

This is always a source of inspiration – especially for finding something new to try or a twist on an old favorite. I usually make a 3-week “plan” – not set in stone – just guidelines. I always consult my freezer inventory – so that I remember to use what I have on hand. One thing that I have notice on some of the posted menus is what appears to be unbalanced menus – lot of starch and no green veggies (one dinner menu had pasta AND potatoes, and no other vegetable).
    How important is it to menu posters to provide a balanced nutritious dinner?
    Anyway – thanks to everyone for posting your menus.

The Raven says

Thanks again for organizing this fiesta!

Can’t wait to try the enchilada casserole.

Irene says

I so much enjoy joining you for Menu Plan Monday. Thank you, and enjoy the week.

Crystal says

Your menu this week sounds dlious! Love the nails btw. SO CUTE!

Kerri says

Love your daughters nails! How fun.

The enchilada casserole sounds yum. I’m looking forward to a week of all my favorites….
    Although…I actually have not shopped for this menu yet. I am trying to tame my sons but I’m thinking I’m gonna have to go it alone…now if I could just find a babysitter.

MomsManyProjects says

My week starts on Sunday, but I love how much easier dinners are with a weekly meal plan!

Kelli @ 3 Boys and a Dog says

I have a super busy week, so an easy meal plan for us.

I have several contests going on and lots of other posts for my Home Office Organization Series. Be sure to stop by, if time permits. :-)

Sherry says

Love the nails! I’ll have to show that to my daughter as she plays, too. :D

Aiming4Simple says

I have used that pizza crust recipe many times. It’s very versatile too. I often use it to make hot stuffed sandwiches, calzones, etc. The whole wheat cinnamon waffles sound delicious too!

Beverly says

that enchilada casserole would be good for my husbands bday party!

Elizabeth says

Busy week ahead. Getting the menu together was essential! Thanks for the inspiration!

Honey says

I fell off the menu planning wagon for a few weeks, but I am back. It is so much less stress when I know what I am cooking for dinner. I can’t wait to see what everyone else is making.

Blessings
    Honey

MommyNeedsCake says

Oh man, we have sooooooo much ham left in our freezer. I’m going to need to check out that Cheesy Ham & Pasta!!

Millie @ Real Food for Less Money says

Your daughter’s nails are adorable!

I love the looks of that Pesto Chicken. We don’t usually have pesto but I might need to change that and give that chicken a try.
    This week I’m hoping to spend some time working outside so I’ve planned easier meals. That will probably start being the norm around here with as busy as things are getting.

Christy says

We do pizza on Fridays, I’ll have to check out the homemade pizza in 30 minutes and see if it will work for us!

Crystal & Co says

Love your daughter’s nails! Gotta try those pesto cheese sandwiches!

Linda@Parker's Paradise says

we love enchilada casserole, too. I have been planning menus for so many years, I don’t remember ever not doing it. I used to have a state-funded daycare in my home and it was a requirement that became a wonderful habit and a tool I came to depend on. Everyone always knows what I am cooking! :}

Andrea says

Eek…this post just reminded me that I haven’t pulled anything out of the freezer yet!
    I had 40 complete meals in the freezer 10 weeks ago at the start of my maternity leave and they’ve been a lifesaver… if I remember to pull them out!

Trina says

After lurking for a few weeks, this is my first time linking. I’ve found some really great ideas — I just wish I had enough time to try them all immediately!

Welcome Trina!

Melisa says

Love your daughter’s nails! Just wanted to let you know I’m trying the free trial of the Plan to Eat thingy from your Recommended Resources and so far I’m loving it. I think it is just what I’ve been looking for. I also love Menu Plan Monday. I never post, but I always look here for menu ideas.

I love Plan to Eat!!

Gina says

As always, thanks for hosting each week, Laura! Hope you havea wonderful week :)

Jennifer says

i love MPM I haven’t joined up in a while, but honestly this has helped change my family’s eating habbits… we have since strayed so I am back!! lol God willing we don’t eat out at all this week and we will save about $75, that is a lot of money!!!

Tiffanee says

Looks like another delicious week at your house. LOVE the nails! What a fun idea. Congrats to your daughter. That is so cool!!

Jennifer says

So excited to be able to do MPM again! Hubby has been busy with work for a year and life has been more hectic then I would like!

Thank you for hosting this and I would love to hear what other Military wives do on deployment! My babies are 5 and under!

Judi @ Frugal Frolic says

I giggled when I read about all the leftover ham in your link. We have lots too! Ours is set aside for pizzas, mostly. I wish we had more, we got such a great deal on it! If only we had more freezer space.

I’ll be adding that enchilada recipe to my recipe files — I think my family would love it.

Sarah says

The Mozzarella Pesto Grilled Cheese sandwiches sound so good! I may have to change my plan on Saturday from Breakfast for dinner to those!

Rose says

This is my first time participating in MPM, but I’ve wanted to for a while. I’ve always planned a weekly menu, this is just my first time time publishing it. I’m hoping this will keep me from saying “I don’t want to cook. Let’s order pizza” like I tend to do a lot. :)

BTW, Your daughter’s nails are absolutely adorable!

So glad you’ve joined us!

Beth says

some days, there just isn’t a good plan in mind – so glad you host this so I can copy someone else!

That’s the best part of Menu Plan Monday for sure!!

• 46.1.1
        Anita says

I’m glad it’s still “legal” to copy someone else’s menu plan! :)

Anita says

That mozzarella recipe you mention looks AWESOME! Did you use the bread that’s suggested?

No I just used some type of 12 grain bread and it was so yummy!

• 47.1.1
        Anita says

Thanks for letting me know. It looks delicious! (Was it a fairly quick and easy recipe?)

• 47.1.1.1

Yep it was the same as making grilled cheese sandwiches. Super easy!!

• 47.1.1.1.1
            Anita says

Even better!!! :)

Carrie says

OOPS! I accidentally wrote “First Time.” forgive me.
    I love that you have all of these links. I used some of them to plan my own menu! Thank you!

Nel says

I’m new!

Welcome Nel!

Racquel says

Love the menus! Thanks!

Penny says

This is my first time participating in MPM. I have been planing our family menu for quite a number of years but seeing as I’ve just started blogging I thought it would be a great idea to publish it!

We are having homemade pizza this week too but normally buy our pizza crust. BUT I’m thinking I’m going to give your homemade pizza crust a go! Thanks for sharing!

Penny it’s super easy to make and so much healthier than store bought. I think you’ll love it. Let me know how it turns out for you!

• 51.1.1
        Penny says

Thanks Laura. I will do just that!

Marilyn says

Love the nails!! They are the cutest ever!

The Debt Darling says

I am going to try your homemade pizza crust recipe. Maybe I can get the girls to do that Friday night at home rather than going out. Saving money every day then! :)

Brenda says

That pizza crust recipe looks great! I think we will be trying that soon. :)

Beth says

I have been enjoying all of the information and other peoples links that I have found on your website. Thank you for all of your work. This is great. This also got me back in the groove of making my menus again.

Alea says

I remember the stress of piano competition week! It was smart to plan easy meals for that week. I am looking forward to trying the Enchilada Casserole – looks delicious!

Camille says

I just linked a menu. I don’t think I’ve linked one here before, but I’ve followed the blog off and on after a friend recommended. I really need to get better at meal planning, because I want to save money, and I love to cook, so it would be beneficial to me to do so. These links are always so inspirational! I love it. :) Happy cooking everyone!

Jessica says

I think homemade pizza will be on our menu for next week. You reminded me that I have crusts in the freezer.

Camille says

Anyone have THE BEST Meatloaf recipe? I’m looking for a good one. :)

Julianna says

we love homemade pizza here too!

Candi says

I haven’t done MPM in awhile! Back at it to save money and time :)

Moonstruck Mommy says

I love the nails!! I brought my daughter with me to get our nails done last weekend and she won’t stop talking about it! So cute! :D And let us know how the Cheesy Ham & Pasta Bake is, it looks yummy!!

Forgetfulone says

I’m going to have to try that ham and pasta bake! Yum!

Ellen says

Thanks for hosting this! I’m enjoying my third week! :)

Rachel says

I am new to the blogging world and I just stumbled upon your website through Profitable Mommy Blogging and the Menu Plan Monday icon. I LOVE your blog! You are music to my eyes! :-) Going to add the Menu Plan Monday to my sidebar and start participating! Thanks!

Becky L says

I sat down with my $5 Dinner Mom cookbook after lunch today and made out some menus for 6 meals. Tonight I’m making Hearty Ham stew instead of using beef cuz I already had ham and it’s broth out defrosting (pg208). Meat and potato lasagne pg 153; cranberry pork chops~a crock pot meal pg 171; salmon (canned) in cheese sauce and veggies and biscuits (own recipe); spaghetti squash and chicken bake pg 126; sour cream chicken enchiladas pg 125; deep dish pizza potpie, pg 81; some of these might be found on website http://www.5dollardinners.com
    Some of this menu may go into next week as well. I’ve not been good at menu planning for awhile. Shame on me, I get into a rut, forget , you know how it goes!
    Laura, I like my blue chocolate apron I got from Flirty Aprons via your site for $20 with code. Fast shipping! I had it shipped to my work place and wore it the rest of the day at work, fun! :p

Comments