Guest post ~ The BEST Strawberry Bread

guest-post

Over the course of the summer, starting today and every Thursday following, I’ll be featuring some amazing guest bloggers here on I’m an Organizing Junkie.  Today I’d like to welcome Sandy from Reluctant Entertainer.  Sandy is a beautiful lady inside and out and always shares such fantastic yet practical entertaining advice.  Won’t you please join me in making her feel welcomed here.

strawberries

I love it when my daughter is inspired, on her own, to bake in the kitchen. And I love it when she heads out to our strawberry patch to pick berries for me!

strawberry-bed

Last week that is exactly what happened.  She’s 12 now, and can easily navigate through the kitchen, partially because she’s a girl and she’s 12 (way different than my boys!), and that we have the baking ingredients semi-organized.  Two main ingredients for Strawberry Bread?  Flour and Sugar!  Easy to pull out, measure, and tuck back into the cupboard.

flour-sugar-storage

My daughter’s been making this delicious recipe, 4 loaves at a time. It’s so mouth-watering delicious, as soon as it’s out of the oven, it’s devoured!

strawberry-bread

Strawberry Bread

3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup cooking oil
Mix it all up – by hand.
Add the berries at the last.

strawberry-mix

Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes in small loaf pans, or around 60 minutes in 2 large loaf pans. Remember each oven is different, so make sure and UNDER-SET your timer, so you don’t over bake the bread!

I know Laura made strawberry bread for her daughter’s teacher a while back. And any kind of hospitality involving food is usually loved and appreciated.

Have you made or tasted this BEST Strawberry Bread recipe before?

How do you store your flour and sugar?

Side note from Laura:

Here is a picture of the mini Strawberry Banana loaves I made for teacher gifts.   I packaged them up with the Strawberry Rhubarb Preserves I also made.  Very inexpensive and easy to do.

strawberry-banana-bread

teacher-gifts

Thanks Sandy!

Filed under: Guest Bloggers, Recipes

Comments

39 Responses to Guest post ~ The BEST Strawberry Bread

Andrea says

YUM. I LOVE strawberries. This looks SO good! Maybe I’ll get motivated and give the recipe a shot.

brandi says

That looks so yummy!!! I want to try it so I guess I will be heading to the store for some strawberries…I knew I should have bought them yesterday! I store the flour in a Ziploc freezer bag and the sugar is in a clear sealed container

Janell says

I made this bread this weekend! It was absolutely delicious and made my house smell amazing. My husband and kids gobbled it up!

Jen@beautyandbedlam says

Yum, Sandy. I have a strawberry bread recipe but this looks fabulous. Cant wait to try it. :)

Denise says

I store my flour, sugar, and all of my other baking staples (salt, baking soda, baking powder, brown sugar, etc.) in Tupperware Modular Mates. It’s easy to see what’s inside, they stack, and they keep everything fresh (especially great for brown sugar).

Diane says

I want to try this bread. Those gifts you gave would be so well received by teachers . What a great idea!!!!!!!!!!

LouAnne says

Wow! That looks amazing! Can’t wait to make it!

Michelle G says

My pantry staples are also in Tupperware Modular Mates. Love them! I have strawberries from the Farmer’s Market that need to be used ASAP – so we will be making this bread today. Thanks!

ter says

This looks good think I’m going to try it. I got some strawberries from the farmers market!

Donnetta says

I store my flour and sugar in containers similar to yours, except, mine are round and the flour one is bigger than the sugar one. :-)

Amy Lynne says

Yummy! I think we’ll be trying that recipe out around here!

Sue Bates says

I’d never heard of strawberry bread. I made it last night and it is amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

Becky says

This strawberry bread sounds delicious. I’ll have to make some. Strawberry rhubarb bread as well. I made banana blueberry bread the other day, 2 loaves worth. Yummy!!! I’m sharing one though with our pastor and family. Happy day!!

Christa says

That looks amazing! I’m going to have to try it. Thank you Sandy!

brandi says

I tried these tonight and they are so yummy!!! It was all I could do to even get it in the oven b/c the batter was delish as well! Thanks for the recipe

Sarah says

I’ll remember this post to look up if/when I get motivated to make strawberry bread. It looks fabulous!

My mother-in-law makes a strawberry bread with black walnuts. The black walnuts have such a strong and distinct flavor; it makes the bread interesting.

I store flour and sugar in rectangular Tupperware Modular Mates. As if there were any other way. ;-) I keep telling you, and I maintain, that you would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Tupperware Modular Mates.

Marisa says

That bread looks amazing! As a teacher, I would love, love, love to receive those as gifts =)

JessieG says

The only “fruit” breads I have ever had are banana bread and pumpkin bread(not fruit though right?) LOL

In AZ (it was 116 degrees today) I simply can’t grow a strawberry patch but that would be so LOVELY! They are cheapo though at the farmers market so I think I am gonna try this out this week-

Since it seems easy enough for a kid to do I may pull my 7 year old SON into to help measure stuff. Us moms of boys need to raise them up with these skills to surprise their future wives with ya know LOL

JessieG says

oh and I store my sugar and flour in clear plastic containers with tops that seal tight that my husbands grandmother used to store hers in before she passed away ;-) I don’t believe they are a brand of any sort but very sentimental

Teresa says

This looks delicious and a change from the banana nut bread I always make. Do you need to store the bread in the fridge to keep the berries fresh?

Kelly says

I LOVE this bread. Thank you so much for sharing.

I use Tupperware Modular Mates. They are great not only for storing pantry items but I use them to store laundry detergent, markers, crayons and numerouse other things. The possiblities are endless.

Heather says

I made these today as a send-off gift for my parents who are traveling cross-country. They LOVED them. I substituted 2 cups of the flour for whole wheat flour. Next time, I might play with the ingredients some more to try and make them a bit healthier, but these are DELICIOUS!!! :) Thanks for sharing!

Julie says

These look good! I would think that you could make them into muffins as well. Thanks for the post, I now have something to use my strawberries up on (they are starting to get soft )

Denise M says

FYI-Made 4 mini loaves today and required nearly 50 mins to cook. Took the first batch out at 40 min and was still gooey in the middle- not sure how to recover…

Kristin says

Made this yesterday, and it is fantastic! Never had strawberry bread before. This recipe I will make again. Tried making it a little healtier by using whole wheat flour (2 c.) and only 1 c. all purpose flour. Also substituted applesauce for half of the oil. Came out great! Did take a while to bake but worth it! Thanks for the recipe :)

Oh that is so good to know about the substitutions. So glad you liked it!!

Kamila says

Great recipe. Very sweet, didn’t use cinnamon. Great breakfast bread!

Kamila says

Good breakfast bread. Kids and us (parents) really enjoyed.

Chris says

What kind of oil is best to use? Canola or Vegitable?

I don’t think it matters too much.

Erin says

How many smaller loafs does this recipie make?

I think this makes about 8 smaller loaves.

Heather says

I tried to make this today after a trip to the berry patch. It smells wonderfully, but I obviously did something wrong. The loaves collapsed in the middle instead of popping up like bread. Any suggestions on the order to add ingredients? Maybe that is where I went wrong, since I am not the most experienced baker.

Comments