Menu Plan Monday ~ May 18th

orgjunkiempm1

Hello!  Welcome to another edition of Menu Plan Monday and starting our week off on an organized foot.  Sometimes I think about how I use to go grocery shopping and it completely boggles my mind.  I wouldn’t have any idea what I was going to cook so I’d just walk aimlessly around the grocery store dumping whatever looked good into my cart.  No rhyme or reason to it at all.  Then throughout the week as I finally decided what I wanted to cook I’d have to head back to the grocery store to pick up missing ingredients.  It makes me so sad to think of all the time and money I wasted back then.

Now I love that, with my plan and list in hand, I can be in and out of the grocery store in about half an hour each week.  And because I go every Monday morning at 8:30 am I’m usually only one of a handful of people in the store which means no chit chatting or lineups to slow me down.  Just the way I like it!

Thanks to everyone who participated in MPM last week.  The winner of the Week over Week Calendar was Amy from Heart Matters.  Congratulations Amy!

Now let’s see, my menu highlight of last week would have to be the Thai Chicken Fettuccini.

thai-chicken-fettucine

It was easy to prepare and tasted delicious however I would definitely make more sauce next time as I felt there just wasn’t quite enough.  I’m a saucy girl, bring on the sauce :)

Alrighty so I put out a call to Twitter looking for recipes this week and some lovely ladies were kind enough to come to my aid.    I’m such a huge fan of Twitter…feel free to follow me here if you want.

So here goes:

Monday: Pizza Braid served with salad (thanks to Amy at The Finer Things in Life) ~ I’m going to cheat though and use my bread machine to make the dough

Tuesday: Healthified Mexican Pasta Skillet (thanks to Sharon at The Bird’s Nest)

Wednesday: Pork Chops with Black Beans served with rice (thanks to Celiac Family) ~ I love black beans!

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Maple Glazed Chicken served with potatoes or fries

Saturday: Spaghetti and meatballs

Simple Supper Sunday (which means one last ditch effort to clean out the fridge before Monday’s grocery shop or something easy like grilled cheese sandwiches and soup)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Comments

63 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ May 18th

Leslie says

Have a great week everyone!!!

Sorry about that ladies, all fixed now!

Jenn says

Posted my menu. Have a great week!

Lisha says

oops…I somehow double-posted! Delete #22.

Amy says

If I didn’t have my Kitchen Aid, I’d cheat and use the bread machine for the pizza braid, too. ;-) Enjoy, and thanks for linking to it!

mjpuzzlemom says

Maple Glazed Chicken looks yummy! Thanks for hosting!

purple moose says

I missed the last two weeks, oops! I’m on the ball this time though. :) Happy eatings!

Betty says

I missed for a few weeks, but I am back
    Betty

Denise says

I’ve missed participating in MPM and am sooo glad to be back! I can’t wait to see what everyone else is cookin’ up!

Dee says

I’m a newbie to this whole posting your meal plan idea! Seems like lots of people are keeping up on it so well… gotta try it! :)

Jena OrganizingMommy says

there are benefits to checking in late! I still sometimes do the scenario you mentioned–aimlessly walking through the store, buying whatever looked good etc. It is a crazy way to live. I like having a menu and list ready to go.

debi b says

How fun! I will have to start following you on twitter now too :)

looks like some great recipes…

Alea says

I am sorry; I must have done something wrong the first time I used Mr. Linky, so I did it again.

Sue says

I do go to the store with a list, but it’s a list of things that we’re low on or look good for the week. I have a general idea in my head, but I haven’t quite got to the Menu Planning stage yet. I know it will come soon though! I’m reading this weeks menu and it’s like DUH – I could use my bread machine to make pizza crust?! Never thought of that before. Poof the light bulb went on. Thanks!

Rebecca says

I agree about the benefits of meal planning! I’ve started planning the next week ahead roughly (I don’t plan the whole week because sometimes meals get bumped ahead a week). This helps when there are good sales on things I might need for the following week.

The pizza braid sounds great. Do you make it dairy free?

Lisa Hartjes says

I’m here again this week!

That pizza brain recipe looks pretty good! I’m going to have to give it a try soon.

Amy @ MomsToolbox says

I am flattered that you’re going to try out one of my meals! (Especially since I’ve been away so long.)
    I hope you like the maple glazed chicken. Like I said, it was a hit over here.

SheilaG says

I posted something different this week. Instead of a full meal plan, I posted on the research of the benefits of eating together as a family! It really is one of the most important things we can do when we’re raising our children, and that’s why I’m glad Org Junkie motivates us every week!

Visit To Love, Honor and Vacuum today!

Sharon says

Oh! Your recipe highlight from last week looks delicious! I love Thai food! Is it not too spicy so that kids could eat it, too?

I’m glad to see you’re trying the Mexican Pasta Skillet. :) We’re trying it tonight for the 1st time, but it has good reviews and looks yummy.
    (if it turns out NOT good, I’ll e-mail ya;)

Thanks, Laura!

Wendy says

I know what proteins or main dishes will be on the menu, but the sides and veggies are now determined by what is local and looking fresh and delicious.
    Glad to hear the Thai pasta dish worked. That looked good to me last week.

jsprik says

looks great!! might have to try a couple of those!! ;)

Mrs. Jones says

Thanks for helping me get my act together!

~Heather

Amber @ Classic Housewife says

Ooh, that Healthified Mexican Pasta Skillet looks really good – I copied the recipe, I think we’ll try it this week. :)

I hope you don’t mind that my MPM this week is ASKING for recipes. I’m going to browse through looking for some new ones, but I am really in need of some new frugal meal recipes to add in.

Amy says

I’m looking for some new ideas for grilling food!

Jules says

Love, love, love the inspiration!! Thanks for hosting Menu Plan Monday : )

Gudrun says

I am back – somehow, I remembered to post my menu plan last week but forgot to come here and link up!

Anywho, this week I have a Cheesy Beef-and-Rice casserole that is very tasty. Plus 13 suggestions for Hot Night Dinners – we have been having some of those lately.

Happy Menu Plan Monday!

Christine says

I always get inspired reading all of your meal plans! Keep ‘em coming!

Kate Hesser says

Looking forward to trying the pizza braid!

Jodi says

Thank you for hosting this. I have been following Menu Plan Monday for quite some time now, and have just started my blog so that I could join in on the fun. Thanks again!

Ketherian says

I’m slowly getting into the habit of posting my menu (thanks to this site); but unfortunately my menu rarely survives the reality of my week. Usually reality is better than my menu; but more expensive. How do you stay on track?

Lisa says

I’m new AND a day late. But I love seeing everyone’s menus and getting great ideas. Thanks!

Lisa says

OOPS! I totally messed up the link the first time. Can you delete the first one (#369)? I’m sorry for the hassle!!!!

Comments