Menu Plan Monday ~ March 23rd

mpmpencil

Hello all!  I hope everyone is doing well and ready to tackle our menus for another week.  There are so many great recipes out there that I do have trouble narrowing down which ones to try :)

Thanks again to Erin at $5 Dinners for doing such a magnificent job hosting last week so I could take a break.   We had a wonderful trip with such awesome results.  For those that might have missed our good news my son had no reaction to eggs and wheat on his skin testing!  We now just have to wait on the blood test results before we get our hopes up too high.  Still as you can imagine it is impossible not to get a little excited about the possibilities :)

Last week’s menu highlight definitely goes to the Chicken, Basil and Spinach Quesadillas.  Yummy!!  What was your favorite recipe last week?

Here is what we’ll be eating this week:

Monday: Fajitas

Tuesday: Coconut Chicken served with sweet potato wedges and frozen veggies

Wednesday: Teriyaki Tenderloin served with rice and broccoli

Thursday: Pasta Meatball Soup

Friday: Leftover buffet

Saturday: Breakfast for dinner ~ Whole Wheat Waffles with Blueberry Syrup

Simple Supper Sunday

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Have you entered to win a Fridgefile yet?  Visit my review site for details.

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

56 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ March 23rd

Homemaker Barbi says

Good news about your son- our fingers are crossed for the tests!

Barbi

Alaina says

Can’t wait to check out everyone’s menu…for now though…I am off to bed. Must sleep!

Betty says

Thanks, glad you are back.

Angela says

We love breakfast for dinner.
    Glad the testing turned out well – here’s to good results on the bloodwork!

$5 Dinner Mom says

Looking forward to hearing the final test results!!! Liking the sounds of Pasta Meatball Soup! Off to check it out!

Erin

Snow White says

did you modify the quesadillas in any way to not have pesto made with nuts? If so, I’d love to know how … I’m interested in that recipe too :)

HeavenlyHomemaker says

YAY for your allergy results! (I’ll pray for the blood work to confirm what the skin test said!)

Thanks for the waffle linky love! Hope you enjoy them and THAT YOUR SON CAN EAT THEM!!

The Happy Housewife says

Great news on the testing. I just clicked over and read the recipe for the pasta meatball soup, it looks good! Hope you have a great week!
    Toni

Joy @ Five J's says

Oh, I’m so glad you liked the quesadillas! That was my favorite meal that week as well. Zesty Cooks meal suggestions have been wonderful. This week is all-Zesty meals as well.

Debra says

Glad you had such good results on your sons testings. This is my first time to join the Menu Plan Monday group.

Jane says

Ha! Me again, forgot to tell you that I am new to this. Bet you could tell? :)

Marci says

The whole wheat waffles and blueberry syrup sound awesome! The kids are on spring break, so I think I’ll treat us all to that one morning this week.

stacy says

Hi, I just found your blog and have decided to do the weekly menu plan. I was able to add one of the banners to my blog but I can’t figure out how to make the link back here clickable. Can anyone explain how to do that?

purple moose says

Such good news about your son!! I bet that will simplify your life quite a bit. YAY!

debi b says

Mmmmm, your Wednesday dinner sounds very yummy!!!
    Happy Monday!

Simply Frugal says

I’m so glad to hear you are getting the test results you want to see so far! that’s great! Thanks for hosting and I’m glad you’re back!

ToyLady says

Welcome back – and that’s GREAT news about your son!

Joelle Folian says

Great news on the testing! Looking forward to trying the Pasta Meatball Soup.

Have a great week!

jennifer says

I’m so excited to start planning and sharing my menus with you-all! I feel like I’ve just kicked my quality of life up a notch!

susieshomemade says

Congratulations on your son’s results. I hope that those that are still pending come out fine too:-)

Wendy says

Laura
    I was thinking quesadillas for next week. That chicken, spinach and basil recipe sounds like a winner to me. Stop by for my giveaway: Carol Fenster’s Gluten-Free Quick & Easy.

SheilaG says

I love quesadillas, too. This week I’m doing all crockpot, though, so that I can use the afternoon to exercise (don’t I sound insane?). It really does help writing out one’s men early, so thanks, Laura, for inspiring us all!

Visit To Love, Honor and Vacuum today!

Holli says

So glad you had good news! Hope it continues to be good.

Holli T.

Roan says

I am still working on sorting and filing my photos! I hope I am done in time for the monthly roundup!

Michelle Twitty says

I just created a new cooking blog! I dont really think anyone reads my menu posts, from my other blog, so I decided to create a food blog and Hope more people will check me out! Thanks for all the great recipes and ideas; I need it!

Lucky says

I’m so glad your appointments went well!

Gudrun says

my kids are big fans of meatball soup, your menu sounds great!

Mine is up – the second week I have participated. I am loving this, Monday morning starts out great as I am actually organized and ready to go. Thank you for the encouragement. :-)

Sarah H. says

The pork tenderloin and chicken recipes sound awesome!

Jessica says

I really want to try those Quesadillas you posted the recipe for! We LOVE quesadillas and so I’m excited for a new idea!

MyLinda says

Thank you so much, I’ll definately be trying the teriyaki tenderloin and pasta meatball soup!

JJ says

Congrats on the allergy testing! My sister’s son is allergic to nuts, shellfish, and something else I can’t remember at the moment but she was so excited when he outgrew his allergy to eggs. He still isn’t a big cake eater though (ice cream is a different matter) and he still either checks stuff or brings them to her to check. She has since found out that she’s allergic to onions, potatoes (raw) and celery in addition to a few other things. I am lucky in that I’m just sensitive to eggs and milk (I was able to help her during the egg allergy time) but we’ve been talking about how the things we’ve tested positive for are all things we found ourselves avoiding naturally for the most part anyway. I found I didn’t feel good when I have too much milk or eggs, but it does make cooking for others a lot easier when everything can be the same.

Jennie says

Welcome back! I hope folks like the recipe I posted this week. It’s a nostalgic favorite of mine. :)

Your coconut chicken sounds delicious — I may have to put it on next week’s menu here!

Kim says

Hi! This is my first time trying to link. I think I did it right! I love reading everyones meals, and thought I would give it a try. I’m just figuring out the whole blogging thing. :)

Kim says

I’m number 340, thanks!

Nikki says

This is my first time linking up to “Menu Monday.” I look forward to getting ideas from other ladies!

Amber @ Classic Housewife says

LOL! Your supper on Saturday reminds me – last night I dreamed about waffles, (with cream cheese between them instead of butter) with blueberry compote on top. Think that’d be good? :)

Everything looks yummy as usual!

Trish says

Lasagna was my favorite meal last week.

Glad things went well for your son – I hope the blood test results are good news too.

Gerky says

I left my information. Thanks!

SavvySuzie says

Glad to hear that things are looking up!

I am SO late posting this week, but better late than never :)

Lindsay says

I’ve been wanting to cook by a menu for so long, but I’ve been procrastinating. I’ve finally done it! Thanks for all the great ideas!

~Spider~ says

That coconut chicken recipe sounds good! I thought it might be a curry recipe, but it looks like something my whole family might like.

Karen ~Georgia Angel says

The teriyaki tenderloin looks interesting. I’ll have to check that one out.

Mama Kalila says

Whoo hoo! I got it up before the end of Monday… only a day later than intended lol. Oh well, at least I got all the kinks worked out w/ my blog.

Your menu looks good btw… except it always makes me sad to see coconut anything. I love the way it tastes, but I’m very allergic :-(

Jo's Quirky Cooking says

Those basil, spinach, pesto quesadillas do look great! I’m making pesto this week, so I’ll have to make enough for that recipe too!

Sandy says

Thank you for sharing with us.

Casey says

I need to try the coconut chicken! Sounds delicious.

crystal says

How do I get a url?

crystal says

I want to be apart of menu plan mondays and it says that I have to have a URL to do so. And i do not know how to get one.

Gabinet Masażu Lublin says

I’m just writing to make you know of the superb encounter our girl gained reading through yuor web blog. She noticed several pieces, including what it’s like to have a marvelous coaching spirit to get many others easily fully grasp a variety of specialized subject matter. You truly exceeded people’s expectations. Thank you for coming up with the practical, trustworthy, revealing and as well as cool thoughts on this topic to Sandra.

pokerguidekk says

Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the images aren’t loading correctly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.

Comments