Menu Plan Monday ~ March 16th

Hi everyone, I’m going to post my menu a little early as I’m heading out of town to take my son for allergy testing.  For nine years he has been dairy, gluten, egg, nuts, fish and soy free.  I’m praying that this is the year we get a negative result.  Even to just cross one thing off the list would be such a blessing.

I’ll be back on Wednesday so I’m going to post my menu now for Wednesday on.  Not sure what my hubbie is eating Monday and Tuesday but he’s a pretty resourceful guy and a great cook so I’m not going to worry about that :)

Wednesday: Italian Pork Chops served with perogies and broccoli

Thursday: Chicken, Basil and Spinach Quesadillas

Friday: Homemade Pizza

Saturday: Turkey Ravioli Lasagna

Simple Supper Sunday

This week, because I am away, Erin from $5 Dinners is kindly hosting MPM for us.  To link up your menu all you have to do is head on over there and add your link as you normally would here.  Thanks!

Talk to you soon, I’ll miss you!

Comments

33 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ March 16th

Michelle says

It all sounds so good Laura .Good luck on the allergy testing.The Chicken Basil and Spinach Quesadillas sounds so yummy.Do you have to drive far?

Sara says

Good luck with the allergy testing- While breastfeeding my daughter she developed food allergies and I had to go on a severe diet (none of the top 8 allergens plus some others). It is VERY difficult. Thankfully, she is only severely allergic to egg now. Every year we have that “hope” that the test will be negative! Hope you both get some more “choices” :)

Debi says

Sending loads of good thoughts your way! I hope he gets lots of negative results and gets to cross lots off that list! What a tremendous blessing that would be! We’ll be thinking of you!!!

Sharon says

Those quesadillas sound delicious! Thanks for the link. :)

Sharon says

Yes, and good luck with the allergy testing. Sorry. I meant to include that in the original comment.

Nique says

Oh my goodness I love perogies!!! I’ll have to keep them in mind for next week.

Simply Sara says

Good luck with the allergy testing!

My 5 yr old son has always been allergic to dairy, eggs and nuts.(just cutting out these foods has been very challenging- I so feel for you and your son!)
    Just last month he showed a negative to the dairy, so he’s now going to do a milk challenge.
    I’m so excited at the idea of being able to introduce dairy into his diet. I say this only to encourage you and say it DOES happen!
    I hope you come home with exciting news too!

Ruthie says

All the best with your son, Laura!

Dara says

I hope you get at least one negative! Good luck.

Peggy says

I’ve been looking for a blog like this! I am SO in need of organization in our home as I also have a home buiness too.

Peggy

Susanne says

Praying for good results for your son.

Sandy says

Thanks for sharing your recipes, they sound yummy.

debi b says

Have a great holiday and what a yummy week to look forward to :)

Alaina says

You must let us know how the quesadillas turn out…they sound wonderful!

Amanda says

Hope you get good results from the allergy testing!
    God bless,
    Amanda

New Recipe Lover says

Good luck with the alergy testing. I’m making perogies this week too! I’ve never made them from scratch but I’m going to give it a shot, we shall see how it goes. :)

nellbe says

All the best for your son’s tests. I have my fingers crossed for good news for you all too.

Snow White says

Praying for you and your family about the allergies. I have a tree-nut allergy, and oral allergies to fresh fruits/veggies…so in some ways I can relate. I hope your trip goes well. I also hope your family enjoys the Italian pork chops!

Donna says

Good luck! Allergies of any sort are not easy to deal with.

Michelle says

Laura,
    Thanks for the menu! They all sound very good.

I hope all goes well with your son and his allergy testing. I just read in the Sunday paper that Duke is doing some new testing and has had some good results in the early stages of testing. This is for peanut allergies. I don’t believe it’s available for the whole population yet but it is good news. Here’s a link.

Best,
    Michelle

Sarah H. says

Best wishes with the allergy tests!!

Beckie says

This is my first week planning my menu. I hope it works well for my family.
    Your ravioli lasagna sounds delicious! I’d love the recipe! ;)

Mindy says

Good luck with the allergy testing!! I have 2 kiddo’s with 2 different food allergies. My daughter is Dairy and my son is egg. I hope you receive some negative test results! {positive vibes going out to you!}

Jenny says

We are waiting to see the pediatrician to take Jonas(my 9 year old) to see if he get some allergy tests done. We are having issues with major excema flareups, and want to get to the bottom of it.

Bonnie says

Hope you get some god news at the allergist ….

Comments