Menu Plan Monday ~ Oct 20th

Well hello there!  I’m so glad you’ve stopped by.  It’s another week and another menu.  I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

As you know last week here in Canada we celebrated Thanksgiving.  I hosted dinner for 11 people and we had such a wonderful time.  Dinner was an hour late because the darn turkey bird was taking it’s sweet time cooking but other than that small moment of panic it all came together nicely in the end.

I tried a new vegetable recipe this year and was it ever good.  Whenever I host a dinner I like to prepare as much of the dinner as possible in advance.  I have a small oven and once you get the turkey in there you don’t get anything else.  The day before I made up my stuffing, veggie casserole and dessert.  The morning of the party I put my stuffing in the crockpot and baked both the vegetable casserole and homemade buns before putting the turkey in.  The dough for the bun recipe is done in the bread machine and it is really wonderful.  Later while we were carving up the turkey and right before we ate I just had to heat the two things up in the oven.  Easy and absolutely delicious!

Acorn Squash Feta Casserole

Golden Honey Pan Rolls

Also in preparation for the US Thanksgiving I wanted to let you know about a great contest going on over a ilunchbox.com.  They have teamed up with Spice Hunter to bring you all the spices you will need to create sensational holiday dinners and treats.  A prize valued at $150.00!  For more details on how to enter visit ilunchbox.com.

Here’s what we’ll be eating this week:

Monday: Fajitas

Tuesday: Lynn’s Panera Bread Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Wednesday: Turkish Chicken Thighs served with french fries and carrots

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Crock-Pot Apple-Bacon Pork Chops with rice, zucchini and mushrooms

Saturday: Spaghetti

Sunday: Simple Supper Sunday :)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections here.

Have you entered my latest giveaway?

Comments

90 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ Oct 20th

Niki says

beautiful place setting. I hear you on the lack of space once the turkey is in. My friend recently bought one of those plug in roasters. She LOVES it. It cooks in several hours and best of al the oven is free for side dishes. She got hers at superstore for $25. Initially she used it for camping but now uses it for all of her turkeys. have one on my christmas wish list.

$5 Dinner Mom says

What a delicious and simple Thanksgiving meal! Glad you all enjoyed it! I had my menu plan scheduled for 10 pm est and wow…yours posted at the SAME time! Glad I checked after mine posted! Cool! Have a delicious week…that broccoli cheddar soup looks awesome!
    Erin

Mom24@4evermom says

Your menu looks delicious. I can’t wait to try the recipe for the rolls.

Jill says

Oh! Thanksgiving! My favorite holiday of all. Only one more month to go here in the States. Those Golden Pan rolls love SO good! I’ll have to try the recipe. And I’m going to have to have broccoli cheddar soup – soon!

Jill

Allie says

Thanks for being here every week. Even if I stray for a while, I always get back on track, just so that I can post my menu with you! Your Crock-Pot Apple-Bacon Pork Chops with rice, zucchini and mushrooms looks great! Have a fantastic week!

Allie
    Learningtobefrugal.com

Lynn says

I hope you like the soup. I clicked on it because I was curious to see what recipe it was. I was suprised that it was mine. :) I hope you enjoy it.

Dusty says

Mmmm…I can’t wait until Thanksgiving here in the states!

PlanningQueen says

Those little buns look so delicious. Sounds like the Thanksgiving dinner was a wonderful success.

Olivia says

I am really excited for Thanksgiving this year for my family. :) Your spread looks delicious (especially that casserole!).

mjpuzzlemom says

The broccoli cheddar soup looks yummy. Thanks for hosting!

MJ

Sherry says

Your Thanksgiving sounds wonderful. I can’t wait until ours. :D

That soup and the pork chops sound delish!!

Annie says

Hey I didn’t even ask how your stuffing turned out…see you on Wednesday!!!

It’s true, I neglected to mention I’ve never made stuffing before..is that weird? I was scared but I did it and it turned out great!

Jamie says

Having a menu every Sunday night is helping so much and I’m getting great ideas from other menus on here! Thanks.

kat says

wow, that acorn squash feta casserole looks amazing!

Charlotte says

Your food looks delicious – makes me wish we had Thanksgiving over here. But alas I have to wait until Christmas when it will be too hot to cook such a hearty dinner.

Becky says

Can’t wait to try the roll recipe myself!! do they come out all sweet and airy like? I have been dying to find rolls similar to ocharley’s and never find the right recipe

Amber (BGH) says

WOW! I can’t believe you’ve got so many entries already!

Too funny that you showed pics and a recipe for acorn squash the same day I’m asking what to do with one. :P

And I love the sound of the crockpot pork chop apple thing. I may modify that a little and try it next week with the pork chops in the freezer – yum!

Jen says

I love the crock pot apple bacon pork chop idea! Sounds YUMMY! I will be sure to try it!

Connie says

I spent many hours linking to menus and recipes last weekend. I got totally inspired. I plan to become a regular!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Naomi says

Sounds great! Hosting 11 people though sounds tiring! Well done!

Da-Niel says

Wow, that looks like a great Thanksgiving meal! I can’t wait for Thanksgiving! I’m back on the wagon with menu plan posting after missing a week. :)

Martha says

Your Thanksgiving table and the food looks wonderful! :-)

Wonderwoman says

I am in the process of planning our table setting for Thanksgiving and always looking to do something different. What are the napkin rings made out of? Thanks for the beautiful pictures!

Steph says

Your Thanksgiving looks like it was SO yummy! Glad everything worked out well, even that pesky ol’ bird! :)

Lisa says

Your Thanksgiving table looked great and the food looked delicious! I’m glad it all worked out for you!

Have a great week!

Lisa

Rona says

Happy Thanksgiving! Looks like you had a terrific spread.

Robin says

Thank you so much for hosting this!! I have been a big fan of Menu Plan Monday (and this site in general) for a long time and finally participated :)

Traci says

Yep, adding those rolls to my recipe box….thanks for sharing.

Also, I can’t BELIEVE how many people are on this now…..on Monday a.m., I used to be in the top 100 people….wow, now it is almost to 200 this a.m…..and that isn’t including the people who will post after me….wow….

Tara says

SO many recipe’s so little time… I’ve found a ton of new recipes to add to my collection from you gals- THANKS!!

Pippajo says

Yay, my second one! Glad you had a happy Thanksgiving. I’m just get started thinking about ours (but need to get through Halloween first before I start planning in earnest)!

Kalisha says

I just posted my husbands birthday menu for his big 3 5 today!

I just learned how to make drop biscuits the other day, but those honey pan rolls looks so good!

Amydeanne says

hey! Hope you had a happy thanksgiving, we went for Ukrainian sausage and ham with potatoes instead of traditional turkey! Great menu ideas! and what a neat meme. My first time trying it out!

Seòna says

I love your Thanksgiving photos. Using a crockpot is definitely the way to go when your oven is full. I’ve never tried using one for stuffing, but I see it mentioned a lot during the holidays. I will have to give it a try and see how I like it.

Courtney says

Thanksgiving dinner looks so yummy and pretty!

Sheena says

Recently found your blog through blog surfing. I kept wanting to try menu planning, and now this week, I finally got to it. =)

Margaret says

I think I need to try that squash casserole!

JJ - Lady Di says

I’m glad your Thanksgiving went well, even with the slight delay. And thank you for the Chocolate-Peanut Butter cake idea. I’m sorry that I didn’t get back to you earlier – life has been a bit stressful. :( Anyway, since I decided to re-join Weight Watchers this week – I think I’ll go with some biscotti – a bit easier for me to enjoy in moderation. ;) That recipe has been in my To Try file for when I have some friends over that LOVE chocolate and peanut butter though!

That turkey looks fantastic! I might just have to switch my Saturday meal for a Turkey this coming weekend.

~~Rhonda says

Our older son will be married on Saturday, so the menu for this week is rather lean. We’ll be doing a lot of eating out or delivery to keep things as easy as possible. ~~Rhonda

Christy says

Those rolls look delicious! :)

Carla says

Your Thanksgiving meal looks divine! And I am most definitely trying those honey pan rolls! My mouth is watering just thinking about them!

Gina says

Happy Thanksgiving! I am going to borrow the Acorn Squash recipe for our Thanksgiving. It looks really interesting.

Angela says

What a gorgeous table. I am sure the celebration was as great as the food. :)

Chubbie Chica says

Looks great! I have my menu’s posted as well, including WW points!

Annie says

A recipe for Panera’s broccoli cheese soup!!! I may be changing my menu this week. Thanks :)

Kathy C. says

I love Panera’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup, so I’m absolutely going to have to try that one! Yum!

Jessi says

What a lovely table setting.

And I’ll be checking out the recipe for those yummy looking rolls. :-)

Jennifer says

Your set table looks gorgeous!
    I’ve followed your blog for so long now.
    I’m happy to report that I’ve learned better organization skills by using unique items! I’m loving my menus, too.

I’ve tagged you over at one of my blogs, if you’d like to play along.

Angie says

Looks like you had a fabulous spread there for Thanksgiving. The place settings are pretty. Have a great week!

Leann says

i’m new here. Your site looks great, full of wonderful tips and tricks!

Kristi says

Hi, I’m new to Menu Plan Monday. I hope I did this correctly. We’ve been going to the grocery store every other week, so I plan for 2 weeks at a time. It saves time and money running across town to buy odd and end grocery items.
    God Bless!

Jacqueline Parks says

I forgot to leave my link yesterday! I am enjoying perusing the menus each Monday.

Trish says

The Golden Honey Pan Rolls look tasty! I bookmarked the recipe and hope to try them soon. Thanks for sharing!

Liss @ O. E. says

I’m a day late adding my link, but my menu is up! I’m trying out some new recipes using whole grains this week.

Alicia says

I am sooooo loving this!

Char says

Love the Meal Plan Monday idea!

warning earthquake in america says

Support organisations and the United Nations have appealed to the international community for support. The response has been overpowering, and planes are staying turned away from Toussaint L’Ouverture Worldwide Airport.

funnygamefree says

your site is very interesting. thanks for sharing!

Adrian Thrun says

You may have already been pressured out lately? Are you require New Wedding mementos tips? Should you choose to, I recommend you this website that tells you about marriage. After visiting, understand a total deal more!

Nathanael Mathisen says

Hiya, I am really glad I’ve found this information. Today bloggers publish just about gossips and net and this is actually irritating. A good web site with interesting content, that is what I need. Thanks for keeping this web site, I will be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.

Comments