Menu Plan Monday ~ Feb 11th

Welcome to another week of getting our meals organized so we can bless our families!

I wasn’t overly thrilled with any of the new recipes I tried last week so hopefully this week I do a little better.

My friend Sandra always includes pictures with her weekly menus which I just love so I’m going to include a few today as well. If you haven’t visited Sandra’s food blog you are missing out it’s terrific.

Here is what we’ll be eating:

Monday: Sausage Spaghetti Pie (didn’t make this past weekend)

Tuesday: Beef Stew served with bread machine whole wheat bread

Wednesday: Corny Chili served with Golden Oatmeal Bread

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Chicken in Pesto Sauce

Saturday: Apple Chicken Quesadillas

MPM guidelines can be found here.

66 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ Feb 11th

Connie says

I am loving all of these Spaghetti Pie/Casserole recipes!

Have a great week!

Natalie says

Your menu sounds awesome! I’m going to have to check out some of those recipes. YUM!

Karen@FamilyBriefs says

Your menu sounds yummy this week! Love the pics – thanks for hosting as always!

Sandra says

Laura, thank you for mentioning my blog, that means a lot to me :)

I am shocked that I’m not #180’something today LOL feels good to be one of the first ones for a change :)

I love that you’re posting pictures too, it’s great seeing exactly what you’re going to be eating…what can I say, I love food LOL

Your menu sounds great as always, especially the sausage spaghetti pie and the chili :)

Tamy says

Those quesadillas sound really ood!

Kiy says

Hmmm, quite a few of your recipes look tempting this week. May have to try some of them!

Proverbs31 says

“To keep my recipes as healthy as possible I always substitute low fat ingredients where possible and use whole wheat varieties in place of the white stuff. Small changes like this make a huge difference in fat/health content but rarely in taste.”

I do the same thing, too. In fact, I also talked about it in my MPM post today. =) And I also have chili and chicken with pesto on my menu. Must be in the air or something. ;)

Everything looks delicious, of course – Have a good week!!

Chrissy says

Thank you so much for doing this. I am really enjoying reading all the wonderful blogs.

Q&Q says

I’m over at Taste of Home checking out those Apple Chicken Quesadillas. I’m an online member, have the cookbook and WAAAY too many back issues.
    I’m also off to the dollar store tomorrow. I’ve been organizing the kitchen drawers. They really need a huge overhaul but first I need more containers.
    Thanks for the great inspiration!

Jasmine31 says

The beef stew and quesedillas sound good!

Mrs. F says

This is the first time I have ever actually planned the week’s menu for my family. I must admit, I am very excited about it!!!!

gina says

We are having Stew this week too.. and I may switch out something for your quesadillas!

Katie says

those quesadillas sounds delicious!

Misslionheart says

I’m using the Sausage Spaghetti Pie recipe this week, it looks great!

shaunda says

THANK YOU, for hosting this WONDERFUL post…

mjpuzzlemom says

Looks like a good week! Thanks for hosting!

NSB Mom says

Happy Monday everyone!

Desiree Rutter says

Wow, the quesadillas are crazy cool! I am having chili tonights too, but I think yours sounds a little more interesting. May have to switch! You messed up my menu plan! :) I love this site and I think you rock!

Debi says

Mmmm…I’m definitely going to have to try that Sausage Spaghetti Pie! I know my husband would love that one!

I just had to stop to thank you for Menu Plan Monday. I don’t know why I can’t ever seem to get around to posting my menu anymore, but you’ve definitely gotten me in the habit of planning on a weekly basis. And for that I am eternally grateful!

The Happy Housewife says

I love the idea of sharing pictures. Everything looks so yummy!

Jenn @ Frugal Upstat says

Well I finally got my act together and want to join in on MPM. . . am I missing something or is the Mr. Linky not up? I’m a tad confused. . .

Margaret says

I love the photos you have for your meals!It is always so much fun and inspiring to see what others are making.

Lori says

I couldn’t believe how good those quesadillas looked, so I put them on my menu as well! Yumm!!

Leni says

I planned ahead of time! This is a great habit to get into.

Char says

Looks like a yummy week Laura. I may have to make myself the apple chicken quesadila for lunch one day.

PlanningQueen says

I need to start changing over the non white rices and pastas. It will make a difference I am sure to how healthy our meals are.

Renee' says

Great menu plan and pictures!

Wifey says

I’m going to have to try that Spaghetti Pie, it sounds like something my kids would love!

Vickie says

Well I posted my comment on the Peter Walsh entry. Oh well, it is that kind of day. The pictures look great! That really helps me because I am a visual person. Have a blessed day Laura!

Kate says

Thank you for hosting this – I had started joining in in the Autumn but then lapsed. I’m back now with a whole fortnight planned out! I’ve never even heard of apple chicken quesadillas before, I might have to stop by to try one!

Beverly says

I am also having chicken quesidilla’s will have to try with the apple sounds delish!!!

kelly says

looks great! thanks for hosting!

Beverly says

Those sound delish! I will have to try tp put apple in my chicken quesidilla’s

Mommychicky says

The apple chicken quesadilla sounds really good. Thanks for hosting and have a great week!

Sharon says

Thanks for hosting, as usual. :)
    The apple-chicken quesadillas sound interesting & good. I’ll have to save that recipe-thanks for the link.

Have a great week! I enjoyed your healthy tips, too. :)

Susanne says

Yummy,Laura. All the pictures are making my mouth water.

April says

I want to try out both the spaghetti pie and the quesadillas! Yum!

Killlashandra says

Wow, the Sausage Spaghetti Pie does look good. I’ll have to try that spin on spaghetti. My step daughter gives me the cross eyes sour look whenever we have spaghetti, maybe an alternative will help. :)

Mrs. Wilson says

mmmmm …. sounds yummy!!!

I actually posted this week – I kind of skipped last week due to laziness.

andi says

I love the pictures. my food doesn’t look that yummy.

marye says

we are scraping the inside of the pantry this week due to pay problems…but mine is up!

Anki says

Apple chicken quesadilals sounds good.

Michele says

Thanks for hosting this – it’s a great way to help people like me who are new to menu planning.

Becca says

oooh, thanks for sharing the apple chicken quesadilla recipe – that looks yummy!

Robyn says

I’m new, but I’ve always enjoyed Menu Plan Monday! This week, we’re eating out of the crockpot each day.

JJ - Lady Di says

Looks great!

Hubby’s sick, so I’m not even sure what all I’ll end up making since I’m not even sure what he’ll want to eat. He didn’t even want me to make Chicken Noodle soup since he wasn’t even sure he’d want to eat it! Poor thing! Either way, my menu is posted even if it’s not very inspired.

Lisa says

I just posted for the first time!

Teri says

Your menu sounds great! Since you’re all about organizing, I thought I would clue you in to my new organization system for my recipe/dinner ideas. It works for me (hey! I might have to post that on WFMW!) & I thought it might help someone else, too!

I set up a document in Microsoft Word with 3 columns on one page. I have main courses, side dishes & dessert ideas listed (numbered). This makes it easy for me to refer to the list if I’m stuck in a rut or I just can’t think of what to make for dinner on any given night. I’ve got all of my ideas & old stand-bys right before my eyes!

Then, to organize it even further & to help me keep tabs on the recipes, I hyper-linked the word document directly to the page of any of the recipes that I’ve obtained online. This way, when I find a recipe that I would like to try, I can just add it to my list w/o printing it out yet & I won’t lose the recipe! When I’m ready to try it, I just open up my Word document & click on the link & I’m ready to print it out! If I like it, I will copy it onto a recipe card in my box. If not, it gets deleted from my list & the paper copy heads for the (recycling) round file! :)

Penny says

The Apple Chicken Quesadillas sound really good. I may have to give those a try one of these Fridays.

jenny-up the hill says

The Corny Chili sounds delicious…my family hates Chili though! Can you believe that…what dirtbags! lol!! I always have to feed my chili cravings by heading to the Wendy’s drive-thru…it will do until I convince at least one family member that chili is our friend! loL!

Jen says

Thanks for hosting this event! It is nice to get it done at the beginning of the week so I feel like I am starting out with my plan! :) It helps me to just get it done.

Amanda says

YUMMY!! Happy Monday!

jen says

Look at this 256 people are menu planning..good for you. You are doing great things with this.

I made chicken in the crock pot with Mango Salsa the other night and put them in fajitas…thought of you of course…I got the recipe from Reluctant Entertainers….you should try it……

Have a safe and restful week. And stay warm.

Melissa says

Oh! I so hate being late. Sorry ’bout that. Of course, I didn’t want to miss it just because I was late, so there you have it. Have a great week.

Angela says

Spaghetti pie seems like a nice variation on the normal boring spaghetti, we’ll have to try that!

Nicole (canadacole) says

We tried the quesadillas last week and LOVED them! Thanks for the ideas (plannig menus is my least favourite part of homemaking).