Menu Plan Monday ~ March 5/18 Weekly Dinner Inspiration

Welcome to Menu Plan Monday!

Weekly Dinner Inspiration for the week of March 5/18 - get dinner on the table each night with less stress and chaos!

Hi friends! I hope getting dinner on the table last week was stress-free for you. If it wasn’t stress-free for you, then you’ve come to the right place for menu planning help. Creating a menu plan each week is a life saver. This was especially true when I was a tired mom with three young kids. Now my kids are older but menu planning continues to play a huge role in my life because of the special diet I’m on. I’ve been on the Paleo diet for over 3 years to help manage my Rheumatoid Arthritis without meds. I’d never be able to be as disciplined as I am without having a plan in place each week. If you haven’t already done so, this week would be a great time to give menu planning a try :)

The only food I really miss being on the Paleo diet is pizza. I love pizza. So throughout the years I’ve tried making many different Paleo friendly crusts without much success. Cauliflower crusts are way too much work for me and everything else just completely underwhelms me. Last week’s recipe that I used from My Natural Family though was probably the best one yet.

Paleo pizza

Still not perfect but it tasted pretty good without being too much work to prepare. I did have to add quite a bit more tapioca flour than what was called for though. I’ll keep using this recipe for now but will continue to keep my eyes open for alternative crust recipes to try. If you know of anything let me know.

Here’s what we’ll be eating this week.

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday: Paleo Mongolia Beef served with cauliflower rice and broccoli

Tuesday: Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Baby Back Ribs served with tossed salad

Wednesday: Paleo Meatloaf served with roasted veggies

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Pizza Party Friday Night with 5 minute homemade pizza dough and for me Paleo Pizza

Saturday: Hosting a ladies appetizer potluck party at my house…I’ll be making Homemade Paleo Nutella served with fruit

Sunday: YOYO (you’re on your own!)

Have a wonderful week everyone!!

WHAT ARE YOU EATING THIS WEEK? SHARE RECIPES AND MENUS BELOW!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More awesome recipes on my Pinterest boards here.

Don’t forget to join our growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

My favorite menu planning resource:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

• *Please note that affiliate links are included in this post to make it easier for you to find what is being referenced. A small commission is made should you purchase product using these links, but this is at no extra cost to you. As always, any and all opinions are genuinely my own – or the author, in the case of posts by my guest contributors. Thank you!*

Comments

11 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ March 5/18 Weekly Dinner Inspiration

Laura Wittmann says

Yay, thanks for the link to the recipe to try!!

Lucy says

yes! i second zenbelly pizza crust. it does take some forethought (75-90 minutes to rise) but it’s worth it. i don’t have a mixer so i just mix by hand, no biggie.

• Cat Haugen says

Thank you so much! I hope you have a nice week too!

I’m a fan of yours and am anxious to read your diet plan! I’m always looking for ways to get more organized so I truly appreciate all you do and post! I have RA as well and am on lots of meds- I’m going to try the paleo diet. Do u feel like it’s really helped??

Laura Wittmann says

Yes! So much! It feels amazing to be able to fight this disease with food and to be off the terrible meds. The Paleo diet reduces inflammation which is so helpful with autoimmune diseases where the immune system has gone rogue. If you ever have any questions, please let me know!

meryl says

As I probably have mentioned before, we tend to eat the same meals on the same day of the week, week to week, so planning is not needed. We each have several medical conditions and have to plan meals to accommodate all of them in the food at every meal – we have to eat low carb and low fat, which greatly reduces choices. The recipes you list are a bit food fussy for us, well – me. I don’t like most foods, especially sauces.

I am presuming that you eat cheese as pizza is listed. On one of my Diabetes groups the members all swear by making crust from cheese over toasted onto foil. Too high in fat for us so I have never tried it.

Is there a reason that meal planning is done on Monday instead of at the end of the week before?

Laura Wittmann says

Hi Meryl, no I don’t eat cheese which is why you don’t see any on the picture I posted. Pizza doesn’t taste quite the same without it but you get used to it after awhile :)

The reason I do menu planning on Sunday nights (I post them to the blog on Mondays) is because Monday is the start of a new week for me. I always get groceries on Monday mornings and then I’m all set and ready to go for the week ahead. Hope that answers your question. Thanks for stopping by!

Robin says

I’ve been following you for years, and have tried many awesome recipes you post on your site, thanks for being here! I know you’ve been Whole 30 for awhile. Have you ever heard of No Crumbs Left? Teri is awesome! She has fabulous recipes, I follow her on Instagram. I’m not Whole 30, but I make many paleo things. I think you’d really like her! She’s also on Facebook and YouTube.

Comments