The following is a guest post from regular contributor, Melanie at Melanie Makes.
One of my most favorite parts of the holiday season is the food. Shocking, I know! In particular, it’s the finger food. The grazing, the meals made of little bites, and the ability to chat with friends and family while nibbling on favorite appetizers. Forget a big, over the top meal – that’s what Thanksgiving is for! – instead, I love meals made of appetizers.
One of my absolute favorite appetizers from my childhood are these Mini Cheese and Onion Pastries. Using the word pastries in a recipe title makes it sound a lot more sophisticated, don’t you think? We’ll keep it a secret between you and me that these bite sized morsels take only four ingredients and 15 minutes to prepare. Sharp cheddar cheese and sliced green onion is gathered in the center of a dill dusted flaky pastry bundle. If you’re able to only eat one or two, you definitely have stronger will power than I do!
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 8 ounce cans crescent rolls
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together cheese and onions.
- Separate crescent roll dough into 16 triangles and cut each triangle in half again diagonally.
- Place rounded teaspoonful of cheese and onion mixture into center of each triangle and bring corners of dough to center over filling, overlapping ends.
- Place pastries on silicone mat or parchment lined baking sheet and spray or brush each pasty lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle dill over the top of each pastry.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Start a new tradition in your home by adding these Mini Cheese and Onion Pastries to your holiday table.
Looking for more great snack and appetizer recipes?
See you next month!
You can find Melanie online at Melanie Makes where she documents cooking, creating and caring for her family. Repeat. Melanie lives in Cleveland, OH, with her husband, three children, two cats and Lizzie, the 15 year old turtle.