The following is a guest post from regular contributor, Melanie at Melanie Makes.
If there’s one dessert flavor combination I can’t get enough of, it’s peanut butter and chocolate. A true classic. One that will never go out of style. And now? I’ve perfected it in ice cream form!
We’re huge ice cream fans in our house. It’s our sweet treat of choice and one that we enjoy year round. In fact, on Fridays after picking up my oldest from school, we’ll often stop by our favorite ice cream parlor on the way home to kick off the weekend on a sweet note. In fact, it was the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream that I typically get that inspired this ice cream. I just had to make it a bit more decadent by putting peanut butter in the ice cream as well!
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup peanut butter.
- 1 cup peanut butter cups
- In a microwave safe bowl, add unsweetened chocolate and milk. Microwave one minute and then stir. Microwave an additional minute. Add cocoa powder and whisk chocolate and milk together. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar, a ¼ cup at a time until completely combined.
- Add whipping cream and vanilla and blend together.
- Add chocolate mixture and peanut butter to cream mixture and mix until combined.
- Transfer to ice cream maker and freeze following manufacturer instructions. When almost complete, add peanut butter cups.
Scoops of chocolate peanut butter ice cream swirled with large pieces of peanut butter cup candy. I tell you, it doesn’t get much better than this!
Looking for additional recipes to add to your menu plan? Here are a few new favorites:
See you next month!
You can find Melanie online at Melanie Makes where she documents cooking, creating and caring for her family. Repeat. Melanie lives in Cleveland, OH, with her husband, three children, two cats and Lizzie, the 15 year old turtle.