Menu Plan Monday ~ February 29/16

Menu Plan Monday - recipe ideas and menu planning inspiration for the week of Feb 29/16

Hi everyone! Happy Monday to you. I’m looking forward to this week because my husband and I are celebrating 21 years of marriage, so hard to believe!  Anyone else celebrating an anniversary this week?

So yesterday I tried to make up some Paleo Biscuits for a treat. Will you even be surprised to learn that they didn’t turn out? Nope, didn’t think so. I’m not even going to link to the recipe because of course it had to be the recipe that cause them to fail and not me right? Ha!  Hockey pucks anyone?

paleo biscuits

Slow Cooker Recipes:

I’m always surprised to learn that there are still folks out there not using their slow cookers to get dinner on the table. Let the slow cooker be your best friend and save yourself so much stress and time! Need some recipes? Be sure to check out my Slow Cooker Recipes Pinterest Board. I’m constantly pinning new recipes there so don’t forget to follow the board!

If you don’t use your slow cooker regularly, I’d love to know why, maybe I can help. I use mine at least once a week now but when my kids were younger and I was busier with them, I used it almost two and three times a week.

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Quick and Easy Taco Salad

Tuesday:  Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts served with spinach salad

Wednesday:  Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Celebrating 21 years of marriage!! ~ eating dinner out :)

Saturday:  Pizza Party Saturday Night! and for me Paleo Coconut Shrimp

Sunday: YOYO (you’re on your own!)

Have a wonderful week everyone!!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join our growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

My favorite menu planning resource:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

• *Please note that affiliate links are included in this post to make it easier for you to find what is being referenced. A small commission is made should you purchase product using these links, but this is at no extra cost to you. As always, any and all opinions are genuinely my own – or the author, in the case of posts by my guest contributors. Thank you!*

16 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ February 29/16

Jamie @ Medium Sized Family says

The slow cooker is definitely a life saver on busy days! I just wish it was easier to clean. It’s always too hot to clean after the meal and, well…I’m using it on busy nights so it’s tough to get it cleaned right away anyway!

Laura Wittmann says

Jamie have you tried the slow cooker bag inserts? I find them especially helpful for stuff that sticks really bad like stuffing for instance. I find mine at the dollar store of all places.

s says

agree about the slow cooker – even if I don’t cook a meal in it, I often use it to keep a meal warm that I’ve thrown together during lunch or during a quick afternoon break. It’s great for keeping tacos, soup, or sloppy joes warm for those days you just can’t get a meal together at the regular “dinner prep” time or when your family is eating at staggered times. I have two nights this week where I won’t be around at dinner time, but my menu plan features my slow cooker so I can leave it plugged in and the “fixins” nearby so my family can serve themselves. Such a timesaver. I continue to look forward to your MPM!

Jennifer says

I love my slow cooker! Sometimes I feel like I need to use it more. And it is not just a winter thing, I use it all year round!

Janet says

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations on 21 years.

Jacqui says

Hi, I’m a fairly new follower, over from A Slob Comes Clean. I’m loving the “puzzle-solving” organising you do! It’s helping me notice daily irritations and fix them. It is so satisfying!

I thought the biscuitslooked fine… Then realised the language barrier! Biscuits = cookies in the UK, so those look ok, but since we call your biscuits scones, those don’t look so good :( it’s always the recipe’s fault anyway :)

I love the slow cooker, I use it 1-2 times per week but I’d love to use it more. My problem is finding recipes for it – those meals we do in it are usually bolognese or a roast. The “100 easy slow cooker recipes” book I bought has at least 10 and sometimes 20 ingredients per meal. I don’t think that’s easy! We don’t eat soups or tex-mex things. I look at “dump” recipes but generally there’s only one or two out of 20 or so meals that we would consider normal meals for our family.

Congratulations on your anniversary :)

Laura Wittmann says

Hi Jacqui, welcome! Yes you are right, our biscuits here are more like scones than cookies :) I don’t like to make any recipe with more than 5 or 6 ingredients, I like to get in and out of the kitchen fast!! Be sure to follow my slow cooker Pinterest page and my Menu Plan Monday Facebook page. Thanks for the anniversary wishes!

Jean says

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband! I used my slow cooker yesterday, definitely need to go check out your board for some new ideas as our schedules are starting to get busy around here again.

Laura Wittmann says

Thanks Jean! Slow cookers are such a beautiful thing on busy days!!

Emily @ My Love for Words says

Happy Anniversary!! I hope you and your husband have a very happy week. We just had spaghetti squash and meatballs for dinner last night. Yum!

Laura Wittmann says

Hi Emily, did you do your spaghetti squash and meatballs in the slow cooker? Just finished putting mine in, hope it turns out! Thanks for the anniversary wishes, I’m looking forward to date night!

• 7.1.1
        Emily @ My Love for Words says

I actually have started cooking my spaghetti squash in my Instant Pot pressure cooker. I just got it for Christmas, and I seriously don’t know how I’ve lived without it for so long! How’d yours turn out in the slow cooker?

Laura Wittmann says

I’ve been hearing a lot about the Instant Pot pressure cookers. We have a pressure cooker that sits on the counter and plugs in but I have no idea if it’s the same thing or not lol. Our spaghetti squash/meatballs in the slow cooker turned out so well. Definitely will be doing that again!