Menu Plan Monday ~ Aug 10/15

Menu Plan Monday for the week of Aug 10/15.  Recipe links and menu planning inspiration!!

Hi everyone! So remember last week when I said I was hoping my August was going to be restful? Ha!  Turns out that’s not going to be how it goes down after all.  Last Monday I was back in the ER, this time with my oldest son (15) with four broken bones in his foot from a longboarding accident. Yep, I’m becoming quite familiar with these lovely pink and mint green walls of the ER. Sheesh!

ER Room

My kids help out so much around the house but now with my daughter off to University already and my middle son laid up for probably quite awhile I’ve definitely got my work cut out for me!  Thankfully my youngest (9) gets his stitches out of his knee today so at least I’ll have his help back.

Quick Weeknight Dinners:

With back-to-school happening for some of you, here are 16 quick weeknight dinners that might help make the transition back into schedules and routines a little less stressful for you.  Dinner doesn’t have to be complicated!!

16-Ideas-for-Quick-Weeknight-Dinners

Champagne Vinegar:

Lately I’ve seen a few recipes that call for champagne vinegar.  Have you ever heard of such a thing?  It sounds so fancy.  I wanted to make this Roasted Garlic & Lemon Dressing and it calls for this ingredient but I have never seen it for sale in a store.  I’m in Canada so that probably makes it even more difficult to find.  Hoping I can sub in regular vinegar without wrecking it :)

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Paleo Roasted Chicken and Veggies

Tuesday:  Grilled Pork Chops with Peach Salsa

Wednesday:  Sausages with Strawberry, Blueberry & Greens Salad with Honey Vinaigrette

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Pizza Party Friday Night! and for me Slow Cooked Salmon with spinach smoothie

Saturday:  Roasted Garlic, Apple & Chicken Burgers (no cheese)

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own!)

Snacks:  Zucchini Muffins

Have a wonderful week everyone!!

WHAT ARE YOU EATING THIS WEEK?  SHARE RECIPES AND MENUS BELOW!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join our growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

My favorite menu planning resource:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Comments

22 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ Aug 10/15

Laura Wittmann says

He is being so positive about it even though he can’t even get the cast on until the swelling goes down. Poor guy.

Keri says

Oh, no! When it rains, it pours… I hope your family has a good week!

Kate @ Teaching What Is Good says

Oh man! You are the 3rd person I know who has had multiple children visiting the ER with injuries this month… must be an epidemic! What a bummer.

Laura Wittmann says

Yes it’s been a wild summer that is for sure :(

Jody says

That sounds like some delicious meals this week – I try to make as many meals as I can that we can all eat, but sometimes I have to adjust a bit since I am paleo too. I look forward to checking out these suggestions!

Susan says

I’m so sorry about all the ER visits ;( I’ve only had one over the years with 3 kids. It was not pleasant, and quite expensive! Let’s hope you’re done for a while. My oldest goes to college Friday. I am not looking forward to that.

Laura Wittmann says

Susan my daughter left a month ago and I’m not going to lie, it’s been really really hard :( Hoping to write more about it soon.

Laura Wittmann says

He will get the cast on at the end of this week, we have to wait for the swelling to go down first. Hopefully then he’ll be on the road to recovery.

Laura Wittmann says

Yes that recipe calls for Champagne Vinegar too, so strange how I’ve never seen it anywhere.

• Connie says

There was a comment at the top of the recipe on how to make the champage vinegar too – apparently you just leave out leftover champagne (ha! leftover champagne) and it turns to vinegar after a week or so :) Not sure which province you’re in, but I think the LCBO here in Ontario sells a 200 ml bottle for just over $22 – you wouldn’t have to buy the good stuff!

Dawn says

Hope your son gets better soon. All the Best.

Stephanie says

Sending get well wishes for your son! I usually sub white balsamic vinegar for champagne vinegar. Plain vinegar would probably work too.

Tania @ The Cook's Pyjamas says

There is something in the air. I seem to be surrounded by broken feet at the moment :)

You can sub the champagne vinegar quite easily with white wine vinegar or sherry vinegar. Don’t use straight malt vinegar as it will be too harsh. If you were really desperate I would use red wine vinegar before malt vinegar.

Janet says

Your poor son. Hope he heals quickly and that you can steer clear of the ER for a good long while now.

Jean says

Yikes, too many ER visits! That doesn’t sound like a good way to spend the summer. Hope your son has a speedy recovery and you don’t see those walls again for a very, very long time!

Comments