Menu Plan Monday ~ April 20/15

Menu Plan Monday for the week of April 20/15...lots of quick and easy recipes!

Hey y’all!  I’m so excited because I have now successfully re-introduced tomatoes and almonds into my diet.  It’s a whole new world :)  Tomatoes over anything else, believe it or not, are one of the things I’ve missed the most.  I love them so much!   For those that don’t know I’ve been on a restricted autoimmune protocol diet due to Rheumatoid Arthritis with the goal of transitioning eventually to a Paleo diet.  It’s a very slow process but I totally rejoice and celebrate each new food I can have.  Whoot!

Easy Homemade Pizza Crust:

So you may have noticed that each week we have Pizza Party Friday Night.  My youngest (9) looks forward to it so much.  He just loves traditions.  When I remember to put the ingredients into the bread machine in the afternoon I’ll make that pizza dough recipe but often I’ll forget and that’s when I pull out this recipe for Quick & Easy Homemade Pizza Crust.  It only takes about 5 minutes to whip up the dough AND the best part is you don’t have to wait for it to rise!  It’s delicious too (it was my favorite when I could eat pizza).  I just updated the pictures on the recipe post.  Let me know if you try it out.

quick homemade pizza dough recipe 4

Menu Planning Resource:

Cute and fun Free Editable Grocery List ~ @ Clementine Creative

printable-editable-grocery-list-1

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Skinny Bruschetta Chicken

Tuesday:  Paleo Smoky Grilled Pineapple Burgers

Wednesday:  Simply Delicious Apple Pork Chops (using honey instead of sugar) served with baked sweet potatoes

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Pizza Party Friday Night and for me Baked Salmon with Honey Dijon and Garlic

Saturday:  Herb Roasted Drumsticks and Veggies

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU PLAN THIS WEEK? JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join our growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

My favorite menu planning resource:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Comments

18 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ April 20/15

Courtney Stulz says

Congrats on the new foods and best of luck on your transition! In 2013, I had to transition to a liquid form of the Paleo diet due to food sensitivities, leaky gut, etc. It was rough but totally worth it!

Rita says

Thank you for the pizza dough recipe. Have a wonderful week!

Janet says

WooHoo! Congrats on being able add tomatoes and almonds back into your diet. Have a wonderful week.

Vickie says

Thank goodness for the new foods! I hope that you have been feeling better with this plan. Have a great week

Allyson says

I hope you like the Skinny Bruschetta Chicken as much as we do!

Lori says

Congrats on the newest additions to your diet! I’m with you – tomatoes would be missed a LOT! Have a great week!

Free says

Thanks for hosting this great party and allowing me to link up my weekly meal plan

Lana says

I could not eat tomatoes for 27 years so I totally get it! I have had them back for about 3 years and it still amazes me that I can eat them! Enjoy!

Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort says

Bless your heart, I couldn’t live without tomatoes! Welcome back to the world of tasty sandwiches and delicious pasta sauce! :)

Laura Wittman says

Thanks Whitney! Unfortunately I can’t eat grains of any kind so no yummy sandwiches for me but lettuce wraps are a new favorite for me, yum!

Esperanza says

I didn’t know about your RA issues. I’ve been researching anti-inflammatory diets for my husband for Psoriatic Arthritis treatment, and boy, is it overwhelming! Do you have any books / resources to recommend?

Laura Wittman says

Yes it definitely is overwhelming for sure! I found the Paleo Approach by Sarah Ballantyne as well as The Autoimmune Solution by Amy Myers to be very helpful. All the best to you in this.

Kelly @ The Nourishing Home says

Thanks so much for the kind shout-out, Laura! You are such a blessing! Your meal plan looks terrific! :)

Susan says

I love your positive attitude! I had an RA-like virus several years back and found it very difficult. Happy thoughts and prayers going out to you as you transition. I really appreciate your MPM posts each week :)

Laura Wittman says

Thank you Susan, your encouragement is so very appreciated!!

Carmia says

Thanks so much for including my grocery list in this post, Laura!

Comments