Menu Plan Monday ~ Jan 5/15

Menu Plan Monday for the week of Jan 5/15

Hello and welcome to the first Menu Plan Monday of 2015!!  So who is ready to have an organized new year?  No better place to start than with a menu plan.  Gosh if you want to feel organized and on top of things, wait until you see how fabulous you feel when your meals are all planned out.  I’m seriously not kidding, you’ll be on top of the world with excitement.  Especially when that horrible 4 o’clock hour rolls around and you DON’T have to stress about what’s going to be for dinner because you’ve already got it figured out.  Go you!!  Now for the life of me I don’t know why people are so hesitant to give menu planning a try.  You just got to give it a go to see what a difference it will make in your life.  It will, it really will!

There are so many benefits to having a weekly plan, including

• saving money (not buying foods you will never use and less eating out)
  • eating healthier (because you’ll be planning nutritious meals of course)
  • less stress (conquering the witching hour once and for all)
  • happier family (because they have a less stressed mommy)
  • saving time (you can plan quick and easy meals to get you in and out of the kitchen fast)

I could go on and on, this is just a few of the many benefits.  So if you’ve never planned a menu before grab yourself a free printable menu planner and start plugging in some recipes.  Pinterest is a great resource for recipes by the way!  Or do what many people tell me they do and just borrow ideas from some of the participants below.  You’ve got this!

So I took a nice break off over the holidays and just enjoyed spending quiet time with my family.  We didn’t go too far or do too much (because it was dang cold, see the picture below!) but we did do a lot of relaxing and just hanging out (indoors) which was very much needed.  I live in northern Alberta, Canada, but not in an igloo as one might be tempted to think lol :)

Winter Reality

And I’m so super excited with how my New Year’s Eve pizza (made with regular pizza dough) turned out that I made for the family.  Such a cool idea, they loved it!!

Pizza 2015

I’ll start back with posting tomorrow and up first will be clothes organization because I love cleaning out my closet! :)

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Easy Crockpot Sloppy Joes (missed from last week), I’ll have a Salmon Salad

Tuesday:  Simple Roasted Chicken Thighs served with Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms

Wednesday:  Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo

Thursday:  Leftover Buffet

Friday:  Pizza Party Friday Night!  This bread machine dough is our favorite.

Saturday:  Grilled Pineapple Burgers (without the paprika)

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own)

Have a super yummy and organized week!

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU PLAN THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join the growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

My favorite menu planning resource:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Comments

20 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ Jan 5/15

Tanya @ Mom's Small Victories says

I love that new year’s eve pizza! Is it french bread or pizza crust? Thanks for hosting this great linkup. Thanks to you I love menu planning instead of dreading it. We have a bunch of copycat restaurant recipes on y he menu plan this week cause hubby was involved in picking recipes!

Just a regular pizza dough shaped into the numbers. So easy!

Janet says

Love that pizza! What a fun way to make it something special. Happy New Year!

Happy new year to you as well Janet :)

Rita says

Super cold here in Michigan, too. Great menu choices :)

Sandy says

Wow! Love the New Years Eve pizza! I wish I had seen that before, my kids would have loved that!! Next year!

Vickie says

Okay where do live? I thought it was cold in Michigan but we are a balmy 6 degrees today!
    I love the pizza idea -so smart!

I live in Northern Alberta, Canada Vickie :)

Stephanie @ Sustaining the Powers says

Colorado has been super duper cold too. It was a windchill of -45C the other morning and snowing. Thankfully it’s supposed to warm up a lot this week, so I’m hoping it will melt soon. In the meantime, my slow cooker is getting a good workout!

I love using my slow cooker too especially on a cold day!

Suzanne says

Thank you for these suggestions! I can’t wait to try them, and get my family in a better habit this year.
    I’m going to pin this to my Pinterest board so I can look back on it later!!

Kate @ Teaching What Is Good says

Well, I just re-arranged my bedroom to make a home office space and it finally left me able to get into my closet! So, if you want slightly warmer temps (-3) come on over and help ME clean out my closet when you finish yours!! :D

Thanks for hosting each week!!

We would have such a wonderful time Kate!!

Lana says

We actually were in Florida for Christmas with my parents and it was 82 degrees. We were SO hot! It is hard for the old body to adjust to such a huge change so quickly! Then of course coming back north and we were freezing for the first couple of days!

Oh wow, I’ve often wondered what it would be like to go to a hot climate for Christmas.

BeBetsy says

Hope you holidays were fantastic! Thanks for hosting another great party!

Have a great day,
    Denise

Waking Up Bagtas says

Welcome to 2015 Ya’all!! Thanks for hosting another great party.

Have a great day,
    Aubrie B. @ Waking Up Bagtas

Crystal & Co. says

Laura!!! Oh how I have missed sharing my meal plan here each week. How do we let life slip away like this. For years I shared my meal plan every Monday on my site and then came here and linked up. In 2014 that habit disappeared for me. I am so excited to be back sharing my meal plans and see you guys over here!

And, I adore that pizza you made for 2015. That just might be the most creative New Years Even dinner I’ve ever seen!

Hi Crystal! So glad to have you back!! Your recipes are always perfect for a busy night!

Comments