Menu Plan Monday ~ Sept 1/14

Menu Plan Monday for Sept 1/14

Happy September 1st friends!  Well it’s happening.  This week my kids go back to school and I am so not happy about it.  I love having my kids home and the lazy days of summer.  Why does it have to go so fast anyway?

With the kids going back to school now is the time to get organized.  The best place to start is with a menu plan.  If you still find yourself struggling with it please let me know in the comments where you find yourself getting stuck.  I’ll be sure to address these concerns in future MPM posts.  Also, in case you missed it, my contributor Emily shared an awesome post a couple of weeks ago called Menu Planning – Are You Making These 3 Mistakes?.  I think you’ll really find it helpful.

Menu Planning

Menu Planning Resource:

Need some help with lunch ideas?  Check out this great post –> 35 Easy School Lunchbox Ideas for inspiration from A Pretty Life.

35-Easy-School-Lunchbox-Ideas-A-Pretty-Life

Have a wonderful week everyone!!!

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Chicken Alfredo Baked Ziti (using gluten-free pasta)

Tuesday:  Bacon Avocado Sandwiches

Wednesday:  Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs served with rice and broccoli

Thursday:  Leftover Buffet

Friday:  Honey Garlic Chicken served with mashed potatoes and corn

Saturday:  Cheeseburger Quesadillas

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU PLAN THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join the growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Comments

8 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ Sept 1/14

Janet says

Summer is never long enough. Enjoy the extra time to organize this week.

Keri says

I loved that post! I like meal planning, but I often take hours. I think the biggest problem for me is that I easily get bored with the same meals, so I’m constantly browsing Pinterest for new recipes.

Have a great week!

Lisa Muniz says

I have a plethora of recipes. I stay at home, so I have time to prepare my meals when I plan properly, which is key during these busy months packed with sports, PTO and meeting the teacher meetings. My problem lies in my kids and their picky ways. My oldest will barely eat my dinner unless it involves mac and cheese (where that is his main dish of choice on those nights), cheeseburger wraps or pizza. I think I just need to mix my concoctions with a few of their favorites throughout the week and make sure that we eat at the table more often (which sadly we haven’t done in what seems like forever). I’m sure they’ll come around once they’re on their own and having to fend for themselves. LOL They’ll then realize how good they had it and will miraculously miss my meals. :o)

Jo-Anna says

Oh thank you SO much for featuring my Back to School recipes!! I hope you have a fantastic week back!

gina says

Thanks for sharing. It’s back to school and back to menu planning around here.

BeBetsy says

Thanks for hosting a great party! Your recipes look amazing! Keep up the good work. We love your blog!

Have a fantastic day,
    Denise & Aubrie

Morgan says

Thanks for the Back to School ideas, I’m going to need these. :)

Comments